Driving in Europe

i once crossed the leeds/liverpool canal does that count also went on a ferry woolwich that is,so i must be a super trucker now

I broke my cherry around the Peripherque recently albeit on my motorcycle, riding from Millau to the Somme, almost 500 miles in 10hrs.

I never really minded Paris to be fair. Yeah you’ll fight for space but if you don’t get cut up there’s no brake testing or so on they just bigger off and cut somebody else up so it sort of balances out with the right approach.

Absolutely hated Brussels though. In fact Belgium in general. Italy is just crazy too. Also found Luxembourg randomly crazy.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
I’m pleased you’re pleased, some of us have been doing it for 40 years in Europe and it’s refreshing to know there’s still some young ones that think it’s something to brag about.
If you’d done it years ago without a satnav and left home with a mountain of paperwork to clear at every border, without night heaters or air con, without air suspension and a mobile phone then perhaps you wouldn’t be so “look at me”!

Not so much brag about as to be excited to be doing it and wanting to share that excitement with other members who can understand it… if you read a thread and all you can think of is to sneer at it then perhaps it might be better just to move on to a thread where you have something of value to contribute?

peirre:
I broke my cherry around the Peripherque recently albeit on my motorcycle, riding from Millau to the Somme, almost 500 miles in 10hrs.

^^^^^^^^
did you do it like the locals with the hazard lights wired on and lane splitting at a mimimum of 100kmh?? :smiley:

toonsy:
I never really minded Paris to be fair. Yeah you’ll fight for space but if you don’t get cut up there’s no brake testing or so on they just bigger off and cut somebody else up so it sort of balances out with the right approach.

Absolutely hated Brussels though. In fact Belgium in general. Italy is just crazy too. Also found Luxembourg randomly crazy.

Can’t say I enjoyed Paris. It seemed very rough. Luxembourg is rather strange, its like no ones lives there and only commutes in. I went through there a few times and every time it was gridlocked coming the other way. Fuel is lovely and cheap there though. I didn’t have an issue with traffic in Belgium.