Driving Hgv in London

wrighty1:
Been in twice this week, first into the City then into Covent garden. Both straight in no problem, leave your nerves outside the M25 and get on with it making sure you do it in your own time and concentrate because everyone inside the M25 is a loon. The madness will really kick in next week when everyone is back at work/school :laughing: :laughing:

I start my training on the 17th so I will relax for now :stuck_out_tongue: (Class c)

Matt87:

toby1234abc:
On a serious note , there have been random acid attacks .
Corrosive acid is not good for my stunning good looks.
So its doors locked both sides, sun roof shut, and cab air vents shut.
As others said take a 45 minute break before going in to London .
The car and van drivers tend to hoot their horns a lot, don’t let it bother you.
Somebody sits in a control room to watch for vehicles blocking a yellow box junction.
If it is clear for your, a turning car will block you then a nice letter arrives for a fine.
I ignore all booking times for London.

When you arrive late , they know the traffic is bad and never rush.Sometimes it can be one mph for hours.

■■■■, will keep that in mind! Who wakes up and thinks “I know I’ll just take some acid out and throw it at someone”

Ignore that tripe Toby talks a lot of crap at times, I lived and worked in London for 30+ years and I’m still good looking!

Aurri:
Tbf as long as the truck is Lez compliant the fines incurred will probably be pushed onto you, as it’s your choice where to park and box cameras etc will be down to how you drive. Only thing I have problem with at my place is that fines are split between drivers if you double man. Company policy at ours states that unless the second man disagrees with ■■■■■■■■■■■■ at the time of parking, both parties spilt the fine.

If there’s somewhere legal to load/unload I will use it. If not the company has the option of paying any fine incurred or not having the delivery done. I have never paid a parking fine incurred at work in my life.

TiredAndEmotional:

Matt87:

toby1234abc:
The car and van drivers tend to hoot their horns a lot, don’t let it bother you.
Somebody sits in a control room to watch for vehicles blocking a yellow box junction.
If it is clear for your, a turning car will block you then a nice letter arrives for a fine.

When you arrive late , they know the traffic is bad and never rush.Sometimes it can be one mph for hours.

■■■■, will keep that in mind! Who wakes up and thinks “I know I’ll just take some acid out and throw it at someone”

Ignore that tripe Toby talks a lot of crap at times, I lived and worked in London for 30+ years and I’m still good looking!

Don’t sweat I’ve been in twice to the same place in white chapel this week in an Artic and I’ve only passed end of Nov

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiredAndEmotional:

Matt87:

toby1234abc:

Missed your last appointment at Specsavers didn’t you !!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

grumpyken52:

TiredAndEmotional:

Missed your last appointment at Specsavers didn’t you !!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

OohTheCheek!.jpg

Sat nav is a great tool, but falls down in London. Good advice to get a London map, I went there in the pre sat nav days and I still wouldn’t attempt London without a map.