Driving ballast truck for crane

Lucy:
Yes, the driver got out ok. Thanks for asking.

This 100%

oooh, lucy and rikki instead of being sarcastic why not inform us of what happened… :bulb: :wink:

Lucy:
Yes, the driver got out ok. Thanks for asking.

Thanks for reaffirming what I already knew, as I’m local to the area I already knew that the driver got out safe, and local media reported the same, so there was no point in me asking. The chaos caused by the closure of the M1 meant traffic funnelled along the road outside my house near the stockyard heading towards the A1 and A57 to get around the closure

m.a.n rules:
oooh, lucy and rikki instead of being sarcastic why not inform us of what happened… :bulb: :wink:

Sure tell you what I know , it caught fire, driver got out ok ■■■■■■ Van closed off the lane , fire brigade came put fire out, Company organised cranes and transport to remove the remains, lane needs repairs - and thats the sum total of my knowledge

Looked to me like hydraulic oil leak after brake overheated-usually wrong :frowning:

Lets hope the machine can be repaired relatively quickly and the support crews for this machine are kept busy elsewhere, and not stood down while this machine is repaired. As I doubt that the company can head down to the dealers and get a replacement machine off the forecourt. I can only speculate that the lead times for ordering new machines of this size are around 1-2 years

You’d think they’d make these things less combustible.

the nodding donkey:
You’d think they’d make these things less combustible.

The same could be said about car transporters
With the number of those that have gone up in flames, I’m suprised that there isn’t a national shortage of them

Everything on Cranes traveling gets hot very quickly.
Everything is so heavy on the axle weights.
Does take much for a fire to start.
Small leak.

Anyone on-line now
Live webcam streaming of Ainscough’s rigging a crane in Dawlish as part of the ongoing work on the seawall & station
Probably doing lifts after the Sleeper from Penzance goes through and the railway line is closed for the night.

Rikki-UK:

Zac_A:
[
Put it this way, in the current climate where both OTC and DVSA are (at times quite literally) making it up as they go along,

Cant agree more, the current clampdown on STGO loads is beyond just going for the cowboys, we have had reputable hauliers stopped and fined because their STGO plate is faded/sunbleached :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: company local to us got parked up as he was using Euro style Square marker boards on a wide load instead of triangular markers until his boss sent him a link to show the traffic officer that actually euro boards are acceptable, as far as the 45 hour rule our understanding is in the UK if the driver requests a hotel it must be provided, however having a 45 in the cab is acceptable to DVSA as long as it is in a place that has toilets,showers, hot food e.g not a layby or industrial estate

That was their documented position a few years ago, now it’s changed to you can’t have a regular weekly rest or reduced plus compensation over 45 hours in the cab

One of Davies Cranes now rigging in Dawlish (Station) if you want to watch paint dry.
Live on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1IwilTRjM0

It’s a regular Saturday rig as trains finish early Saturday night.

Edit: The last train is due through at 23:00 so they will start lifts after that