Driving Agencies

Conor:
The Eastern Europeans will be getting the work you want because they’re willing to be flexible unlike you.

Every bugger thinks they’re great, and up to a point yes they are, will do anything and any hours, until they get their feet under the table that is and gradually take over when there’s enough of them.
Then you see a different side, especially if the job is salaried.

This doesn’t apply to all EE’s of course, and those from some countries it doesn’t generally apply to at all, ie Romanians.

pierrot 14:

fingermissing:

pierrot 14:
Winseer, give Protem a call, I don’t know what their rates are now as it’s been a while since I worked for them.

Closed down just over a year ago .The owner died and his wife did not want it any more.Week after it shut Vince died .

Holy §hit !!!

I didn’t know this FM, sad news. Good agency to work for, good rates, good jobs, flexible and most importantly “PAYE” ::
I knew that Vince was very ill, but up to the time I left he seemed to be doing reasonably well. What happened to the boss then ?

Suppose all their clients have gone to the other agency up the road WDE.

Can’t remember how he died .Yes all the drivers that was left was offered a post at WDE. Don’t know how many took WDE offer i went full time somewhere.

fingermissing:

pierrot 14:

fingermissing:

pierrot 14:
Winseer, give Protem a call, I don’t know what their rates are now as it’s been a while since I worked for them.

Closed down just over a year ago .The owner died and his wife did not want it any more.Week after it shut Vince died .

Holy §hit !!!

I didn’t know this FM, sad news. Good agency to work for, good rates, good jobs, flexible and most importantly “PAYE” ::
I knew that Vince was very ill, but up to the time I left he seemed to be doing reasonably well. What happened to the boss then ?

Can’t remember how he died .Yes all the drivers that was left was offered a post at WDE. Don’t know how many took WDE offer i went full time somewhere.

If you worked for Protem FM, then I must surely know you. When did you work there?
Most of my job allocations were for Lenham Storage, but I did also do Marleys, DPD etc.

Juddian:

Conor:
The Eastern Europeans will be getting the work you want because they’re willing to be flexible unlike you.

Every bugger thinks they’re great, and up to a point yes they are, will do anything and any hours, until they get their feet under the table that is and gradually take over when there’s enough of them.
Then you see a different side, especially if the job is salaried.

This doesn’t apply to all EE’s of course, and those from some countries it doesn’t generally apply to at all, ie Romanians.

I don’t have any complaints regarding EE’s, whom I get on with fine. The only time I am out with the washing with regards to work - is when the work is 90%+ monday-friday early doors, rather than the lates, nights, & weekend shifts that I prefer. The only job where I’ve been turned down in favour of another agency bod - is the job I’ve already decided I didn’t want in the first place. A day off on agency is worth a lot more than a bum shift for too-low pay over 50 miles away, after all… (Especially if you’re expected to “pass” an unpaid assessment to even be put in there for the initial shift!)

[/quote]
Holy §hit !!!

[/quote]
[/quote]
If you worked for Protem FM, then I must surely know you. When did you work there?
Most of my job allocations were for Lenham Storage, but I did also do Marleys, DPD etc.
[/quote]
The last shift I did for Lenham Storage, I took the vehicle I was allocated off the road for multiple actual MOT failures - but then got sent home with no pay for my trouble. Needless to say, once I said “Don’t put me into Lehnham Storage again”. The first shift I got there was OK, allocated a tractor, and told to haul an ASDA trailer up to Magna Park. The last shift involved a fairground tug (by the looks of it) that had more broken bits than lorry that actually worked. I didn’t even need to put my paper tacho in, as I just turned on my heel and asked for another vehicle, got told “That’s the vehicle, it’s use that - or go home unpaid”.

I understand Lehnham Storage has cleaned up it’s act since - but I’m still rather “once bitten, twice shy” especially as it is somewhat further out than other clients I’d rather work for on agency. :wink:

[/quote]
[/quote]
Yes you did know me Tony

fingermissing:

[/quote]
Yes you did know me Tony
[/quote]
PM sent

There must be a big shake-up coming re driving agencies… Never before have I seen such disparity between Agencies with Work, also paying top dollar - and agencies with no work, offering pittance.

I predict the “Finest Hours” for professional drivers - are rapidly approaching now. :bulb: