Drivers mate equipment

We do around 75% double man, and its generally not an issue. If we know people specifically don’t get on, then we avoid sending them out together. If someone new starts that doesn’t fit, then if they don’t fit, they leave. That comes across as bit cliquey, but it isn’t. If someone doesn’t get the way we work, has an attitude, then you can’t expect people to spend a lot of time together.

My longest time served driver (26 years), his wife crews with him and she’s been here 20 years. And they are van drivers. I’d have killed Mr A if I had spent that much time with him :open_mouth:

Swiitchlogic used to double man all over Europe with Bertie, at least you had company and somebody to talk to.
Continental Express used to or still double man to Morrison’s in Gibraltar.

I saw a few husband/wife drivers in the 90,s, but they had to get on and would fall out regularly.
I would not pick up trade plate drivers as wouldn’t want to hear their life story for two hours.

albion:
We do around 75% double man, and its generally not an issue. If we know people specifically don’t get on, then we avoid sending them out together. If someone new starts that doesn’t fit, then if they don’t fit, they leave. That comes across as bit cliquey, but it isn’t. If someone doesn’t get the way we work, has an attitude, then you can’t expect people to spend a lot of time together.

My longest time served driver (26 years), his wife crews with him and she’s been here 20 years. And they are van drivers. I’d have killed Mr A if I had spent that much time with him :open_mouth:

But you run vans, so the crew spend the evening/night in a b&b/hotel or such? Not a week sharing a cupboard sized space.

the nodding donkey:

albion:

But you run vans, so the crew spend the evening/night in a b&b/hotel or such? Not a week sharing a cupboard sized space.

Mix of vans, 7.5s and artics, all of which double man.

Around half the artic nights out will be in a hotel so they do get a break from each other then, but they can spend anywhere between 3 -10 days out on a trip.

albion:

the nodding donkey:

albion:

Around half the artic nights out will be in a hotel so they do get a break from each other then, but they can spend anywhere between 3 -10 days out on a trip.

Can’t say much fairer than that.

the nodding donkey:

albion:

the nodding donkey:

albion:

Can’t say much fairer than that.

It isn’t me being nice :wink: , if they are loaded, they park up in pre specified locations and can’t stay with the truck, so hotel it is. It gets factored into the price, so it is what it is.

I’ve double manned on maybe three occasions. Twice I was recovering drivers from broken trucks, once it was me being “rescued”. Always wth a colleague who I knew. Went OK, and I’d accept it again if necessary, but I wouldn’t want to do it regularly.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

In answer to the ops question, i would imagine the driver would have everything of his own…tv, dvd,in cab cleaning stuff…so all you need is a change of clothes, washing stuff for yourself…and thats about it apart from some cash or a debit card

albion:
Around half the artic nights out will be in a hotel so they do get a break from each other then

Faith restored!

albion:
It isn’t me being nice

Faith broken and returned to normal just 5 seconds later!

ezydriver:

albion:
Around half the artic nights out will be in a hotel so they do get a break from each other then

Faith restored!

albion:
It isn’t me being nice

Faith broken and returned to normal just 5 seconds later!

Sorry :neutral_face: … we pay for breakfast, lunch, dinner, they sneak the odd random coffee in and we don’t whinge…can I have some faith back :laughing:

Im the driver. Im asking on behalf of my brother. Weve applied and have been granted an interview for a driver and mate doing euro work.

As i said in the op. I doubt there will be any difference. What i forgot to say also is its doing handball furniture. I dont know if anyone would recommend anything for that?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

chainmailguy:
What i forgot to say also is its doing handball furniture. I dont know if anyone would recommend anything for that?

Sofa this job, you’d need to build up your chest, grow your sideboards, and be a sharp dresser.

My drivers mate used to pack all sorts of stuff , including bikinis and silk pj’s , but it was the ex wife when we double cabbed.
No way am I sharing a cab with guy that may ■■■■ and snore all night.

ezydriver:

chainmailguy:
What i forgot to say also is its doing handball furniture. I dont know if anyone would recommend anything for that?

Sofa this job, you’d need to build up your chest, grow your sideboards, and be a sharp dresser.

Might need a tallboy for that lark…

albion:
I’d have killed Mr A if I had spent that much time with him :open_mouth:

I’d be black and blue if i spent a week away with MrsG, the beatings at the weekends are enough for me…shes a fiesty little thing… :stuck_out_tongue: love her to bits really… :grimacing:

mmm luke it was more like a dayman and a nightman on the same motor to be honest,we only talked when at change/end o shift times as the rest o the time we were sleeping.it sounds worse than it actualy was.We became good friends and I said ken was 30yr mn thinking about it he became a driver after vietnam so 40odd yrs. we both kept the music /cb on the low and just to be sure put the straps up in the bunk incase o emergency stops. The money was really good as we did MB- los angeles 3000ml run and MB-dallas-MB runs ,we both looked at it as work then get home job no kin about.

JIMBO47:
and just to be sure put the straps up in the bunk incase o emergency stops…

Mr A used to run with his brother to ME. He always said the must scared he’d ever been in his life was coming down a hill in winter in Romania I think it was, Rog in the bunk, and the trailer went and they ended up rolling down a hillside before landing fortuitously, right side up. All sorts of stuff flew around, tins of food, spares, bedding, all sorts as you can imagine for a few weeks away. Everything settled down and he got his bearings and all he could see was his brother upside down in the footwell, all this stuff piled on top of him. Mr A was struggling to move himself whist shouting, Rog, speak to me, speak to me. Just as he was fearing the worst, this muffled voice says, what the [zb] have you done now?. :laughing:

That would be the case made for straps in the bunk :wink:

albion:

JIMBO47:
and just to be sure put the straps up in the bunk incase o emergency stops…

Mr A used to run with his brother to ME. He always said the must scared he’d ever been in his life was coming down a hill in winter in Romania I think it was, Rog in the bunk, and the trailer went and they ended up rolling down a hillside before landing fortuitously, right side up. All sorts of stuff flew around, tins of food, spares, bedding, all sorts as you can imagine for a few weeks away. Everything settled down and he got his bearings and all he could see was his brother upside down in the footwell, all this stuff piled on top of him. Mr A was struggling to move himself whist shouting, Rog, speak to me, speak to me. Just as he was fearing the worst, this muffled voice says, what the [zb] have you done now?. :laughing:

That would be the case made for straps in the bunk :wink:

:laughing:

JIMBO47:
mmm luke it was more like a dayman and a nightman on the same motor to be honest,we only talked when at change/end o shift times as the rest o the time we were sleeping.it sounds worse than it actualy was.We became good friends and I said ken was 30yr mn thinking about it he became a driver after vietnam so 40odd yrs. we both kept the music /cb on the low and just to be sure put the straps up in the bunk incase o emergency stops. The money was really good as we did MB- los angeles 3000ml run and MB-dallas-MB runs ,we both looked at it as work then get home job no kin about.

Can’t be that easy day trying to sleep in a working truck. I couldn’t do it every day

You wanna drive first Honey my guts are bubbling,and I feel a bit ■■■■■… :slight_smile: