Drivers hours

fuse:
If you have that problem may be your not selective enough on who you employ…any tom ■■■■ and harry is a bad bet I was once told that “drivers are ten a penny” the man he was talking to said" yes but good drivers are not…the driver hours and conditions are stuck in the dark ages that is why the better drivers have chosen to leave

TBF, we inherited some proper ■■■■-heads via TUPE from Wincanton a few years ago, so not too much wiggle room with their “previous”, but I`ve managed to get rid of the lot now, but what a ■■■■-show they were :unamused:

I`m pretty strict on who gets the gig, and tbh we are not replacing anyone who leaves / retires now as the quality of the potential replacements is extremely poor, so it’s just a re-jig of resources & keep the good drivers happy, and the same with the customers…

We dont have those "in your face" cameras by the way, just forward facing with are linked to the cloud, and it's a pretty good system, same with the DVS ones, they are worth their weight in gold [IMO]

Our lads are well looked after, and we have very little turnover apart from retirees

fuse:
My god I could not wait to drive for one of you lot …no wonder there is a shortage of drivers…you want to step back and look at yourselves :imp:

Yeah, but I remember a post of yours where your answer to pretty much all the problems of the industry was to scrap all types of regulations: Drivers hours, DCPC, OCRS, FORS, CLOCS, probably DVSA and the TC too I imagine.

I don’t object to the rose-tinted glasses brigade, we’re all entitled to our own opinions, but some of us are TMs and have shed-loads of responsibilities. One seriously non-compliant driver could ruin the company where I’m TM, and consequently/potentially damage my Good Repute and therefore all the plans I have from now until I can afford to retire.

So you’ll have to forgive me for not taking your idea of de-regulation of the industry as a sensible way forward.

There isn’t an endless stream of “good” drivers: in the past couple of years I’ve had to deal with countless drivers who speed, don’t take breaks on time, or don’t do defect checks properly. Others who argue with clients, damage client’s property. Others who turn up to work reeking of cannabis or risk accidents and fatalities by sticking tons of crap in their windscreen so they can’t see where the hell they’re going.

And don’t get me started on those who can’t put that ■■■■ phone away when they’re behind the wheel! And that’s AFTER they’ve been briefed on the consequences.

I have never anywhere said scrap the drivers hours…I have said they need to be cut. AS for the silly WTD and barmy POA yes bin them along with driver CPC A truck is not a space ship