Drivers, don't you just love em

I hate nothing more in this job than going up to the goods in clerk behind the desk asking how long. I do it only when duty is genuinely running out.

If we all did this, then when you need a quick tip the most maybe you’ll actually get it. When you need a quick tip so that you can make your next collection on time, for your planners benefit and often to get him out of the crap… your in the wrong job.

Been back in there today since my o/p on this, (after 2/3 months) and the Stress Heads (at least 5) are still sat there, (or rather stood there :unamused: ) in that ■■■■ waiting room itching to get away, pacing the floor like expectant fathers… :laughing:

I went back to the cab put a coffee on and chilled, not giving a flying one how long it took.
Some just make the job harder for themselves through choice. :unamused:

robroy:
Been back in there today since my o/p on this, (after 2/3 months) and the Stress Heads (at least 5) are still sat there, (or rather stood there :unamused: ) in that [zb] waiting room itching to get away, pacing the floor like expectant fathers… :laughing:

I went back to the cab put a coffee on and chilled, not giving a flying one how long it took.

Im not surprised theyre stressed. 2 or 3 months is quite a long time to wait for a tip. :smiley:

This job is not for everyone.
Some just want to finish as fast as possible.

All the care about is just finishing. Do anything to slow them down and they have a meltdown.

Franglais:

robroy:
Been back in there today since my o/p on this, (after 2/3 months) and the Stress Heads (at least 5) are still sat there, (or rather stood there :unamused: ) in that [zb] waiting room itching to get away, pacing the floor like expectant fathers… :laughing:

Im not surprised theyre stressed. 2 or 3 months is quite a long time to wait for a tip. :smiley:

Weyyyyyyy. :laughing:
You here all week?? :smiley:

What is this rdc of which you speak ? I don’t think I’ve ever been to one :open_mouth: and Bon Jovi is that some kind of torture :laughing:

robroy:

Franglais:

robroy:

Weyyyyyyy. :laughing:
You here all week?? :smiley:

All week? Nah, not a part-timer…

But I do apologise.

Punchy Dan:
What is this rdc of which you speak ? I don’t think I’ve ever been to one :open_mouth: and Bon Jovi is that some kind of torture :laughing:

Hey man…don’t diss the JBJ.
You strike me as a fan of bands that wear dungarees, and have long beards that smell of cheese Dan, who sing about stuff like Widdicombe Fair, and fair maidens, or Bring out the Solstice Bells, by Jethro Tull. :laughing:

Ye like the soggy bottom boys even though they didn’t really exist :sunglasses:

Drivers really are a contrary bunch! I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve seen them parked on a bay relentlessly pacing up and down the length of their lorries, pausing only to squeeze their heads in between the back of the trailer and the bay (covering their ears in crap) only to get a green light, sprint off for their paperwork only to pull slightly off the bay to spend thirty minutes dicking about with their phones/ sat navs/ paperwork before finally driving off.

I delivered to Sports Direct on Friday for the 1st time in well over a year. They have never demanded your keys, and you have always been able to wait in the cab while being unloaded. My main beef about the place that sometimes you would be there for 2-3 hours even with a small (5-6 pallets sometimes) load.
On Friday I had 8 pallets, and was in and out in less than 30 minutes.
Just to compare, I was in JD Sports (Rochdale) on Monday and yes, you can now sit in your cab, but they have your keys. I had 6 pallets for them, and was there for 1hr 45 mins!

Punchy Dan:

remy:

Punchy Dan:

George Clooney was in the band :slight_smile: he complained about my donkey engine in London once as I was off loading at a site by a hotel at 7 am after that I had to go after 10 am :unamused: