Driver Shortage

Kempston:

peggydeckboy:
Although nothing to do we me however the only answer it pains me to say GET ORGANISED GET IN THE UNION A TRANSPORT UNION approach the rail unions for guidance ,the underground rail workers even had a day off if they had the covid jab ,yes a day off with pay who new about that ,the union sanctioned it.

would they sit in a rest room waiting to tip with no facilities NO it only takes a few to start the snowball rolling target the food distribution sites and get a proper wage my own person al view.

I’ve said this times but the trouble with lorry drivers is that there’s always some that won’t do it (stand up and say enough is enough) and whilst you have that the management of the bad companies know they need do nothing, they’ll bleet on until the government relaxes the immigration laws to suit their cause, bring in foreign drivers and we’ll be back to square one.

The difference with the train drivers is (my best mate is a train driver) they all stick together or at least used to. My mate has been doing it for around 30 years now and said the new drivers are messing everything up for themselves, pensions, terms and conditions etc. His terms remain the same as they can’t touch them but the new starters haven’t got half the rights of the older drivers. Bob Crow, like him or loathe him makes no difference but he was fantastic for the train drivers.

Some of his conditions you genuinely wouldn’t believe as I had no idea before he told me but it’s exceptional to say the least. He earns around £65,000 per year but doesn’t do extra shifts or any odd shifts anymore but those that do can earn £100,000 per year and there are some that do. I doubt that he’s actually at work for more than around 30 hours a week for that.

BOB CROWE One of the best genuine union reps who represented his fellow workers fantastically… A lot of humans in this world would do well to take a leaf from his book…A man who knew how to fight the establishment and win… I for one take my hat off to him.
RiP Bob…

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

ramone:
Hermes are a German company just like Hoyer , is there a pattern emerging from our “friends” in the EU

So Hermes… in the UK…under UK employment law…is taking the ■■■■?
Are Hermes doing that in Germany, or anywhere else I wonder?
Is there a pattern?
UK companies and EU companies all have driver shortages.
Is it worse here?
Do other countries have shortages of “poultry workers”? I dunno.
Is there a pattern?
Is it nasty companies exploiting workers?
If so which countries have the slackest labour laws to allow such?

Franglais:

ramone:
Hermes are a German company just like Hoyer , is there a pattern emerging from our “friends” in the EU

Is there a pattern?
Is it worse here?
Is there a pattern?

Obviously not the fault of the German run country but shortly after they took over Parcelnet , the rot set in . Hermes is owned by Otto a German family. They bought Grattan Freemans and Hermes is the transport arm . They kept changing t&cs for drivers who had been on decent money and contracts under Grattan then decided to move the Bradford hub to Warrington and employ agency drivers. They employed a hatchet man first who had previous with this sort of thing. There were rumours which i wont go into but once the move was complete he went . Not sure how the hubs at Warrington and Tamworth i think (they kept moving about down there) are running now but a good job was ripped apart and i know for a fact the newly opened depot in Normanton is a joke. They closed the Bradford depot earlier this year and offered a temporary small fuel allowance for the 30 min drive to the new depot , you can double that on the way back.

dazcapri:
I’ve just received a letter from the D.O.T. to tell me about the excellent opportunities in the HGV sector. It’s asking if I’ve left to consider returning to the industry (I’m on a tipper for my sins) as pay and conditions have been improving recently.

I received the same letter Daz yesterday , it’s amazing how they can send this hastily written letter but can’t send Buzzer his new licence. They said in mine if my dcpc was expired i could book a course immediately ffs is anyone listening

ramone:

Franglais:

ramone:

Is there a pattern?
Is it worse here?
Is there a pattern?

Obviously not the fault of the German run country but shortly after they took over Parcelnet , the rot set in . Hermes is owned by Otto a German family. They bought Grattan Freemans and Hermes is the transport arm . They kept changing t&cs for drivers who had been on decent money and contracts under Grattan then decided to move the Bradford hub to Warrington and employ agency drivers. They employed a hatchet man first who had previous with this sort of thing. There were rumours which i wont go into but once the move was complete he went . Not sure how the hubs at Warrington and Tamworth i think (they kept moving about down there) are running now but a good job was ripped apart and i know for a fact the newly opened depot in Normanton is a joke. They closed the Bradford depot earlier this year and offered a temporary small fuel allowance for the 30 min drive to the new depot , you can double that on the way back.

Weren’t Hermes on one of those watchdog type programs for treating staff badly with zero contract hours etc, seem to remember something.

Just found a couple of pieces about Hermes, not the one that sticks in my mind but same thing really.

theguardian.com/business/20 … union-says

theguardian.com/business/20 … -lose-work

Another out of touch ■■■■■

Deputy Prime Minister Dominic Raab has suggested offenders who have been given community sentences could be used to address the country’s lack of HGV drivers amid continuing concerns about fuel shortages.

dave docwra:
Another out of touch [zb].

Deputy Prime Minister Dominic Raab has suggested offenders who have been given community sentences could be used to address the country’s lack of HGV drivers amid continuing concerns about fuel shortages.

Make offenders drive lorries?
Isn’t that illegal?
Such torture is wrong!

dave docwra:

Firstly lets get this straight there is no fuel shortage just a delay in getting it to the pumps, this would have not happened if some prat in government had not let slip that there may be delay in keeping up with demand and the rest my friends was caused by “bog roll syndrome” public going out and trying to fill up every available litre even though they do not need to, give it a couple weeks and the tankers will have caught up and every one will wonder what the fuss was all about, this country is full of selfish greedy people some thigs never change, Buzzer

Hi all, Buzzer i would have a word with DVLA i had my medical and posted my licence application on the 10th September got it back today less than 3 week’s. Unbelievable. Only thing i can think of is i tried to pull a fast one in march and applied without a Medical form said i could not get one but they sent the form back all checked but said get a D4 form filled in before October and re apply, so i don’t know. :sunglasses:

Buzzer:

dave docwra:

Firstly lets get this straight there is no fuel shortage just a delay in getting it to the pumps, this would have not happened if some prat in government had not let slip that there may be delay in keeping up with demand and the rest my friends was caused by “bog roll syndrome” public going out and trying to fill up every available litre even though they do not need to, give it a couple weeks and the tankers will have caught up and every one will wonder what the fuss was all about, this country is full of selfish greedy people some thigs never change, Buzzer

I dont think it was the government Buzzer , a misinformed journalist ( there’s a rarity ) and the BBC and i think BP were the ones who were at the centre of it. I personally think all the big oil companies should have in house transport and use subcontractors for cover . They make enormous profir from fuel and can afford to run their own concerns

coomsey:

:laughing: or at least it would be if it wasn’t so real :laughing:

Kempston:

coomsey:

:laughing: or at least it would be if it wasn’t so real :laughing:

Dont think Doctors need fuel, aint seen mine for two years and have asked receptopn for a picture as forgotten what he looks like, Buzzer

243559331_4604870172869599_1475336737103617975_n.jpg

Weirdly, mine came back in less than 3 weeks too, don’t ask me why, i know i’m good but they can’t know that at Swansea surely :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mushroomman:

I’m sure very few Brits thought the Brexit would lead to such situations. I’m just wondering, I still have my truck driving licence; but, yes of course, I’m French!

Froggy55:

mushroomman:

I’m sure very few Brits thought the Brexit would lead to such situations. I’m just wondering, I still have my truck driving licence; but, yes of course, I’m French!

Froggy, in my opinion I think that, regarding the Brexit question, you could have left it at… “very few Brits thought”.

I see the stupid government have done it again. Rushi Sunak front page headline food shortage could last for months. Start of more panic bying today then.