Driver Shortage - Panic Over!?

Sidevalve:

m.a.n rules:
not a crisp to be bought at our local morrisons, fire at walkers apparentley… :question:

Preceded by a large IT problem. Walkers have been in a mess for a couple of months now; and they can’t blame it on a driver shortage, always used to be one of the plum jobs in Leicester.

No surprise its messy, if theyre making crisps from fruit.

Sidevalve:

m.a.n rules:
not a crisp to be bought at our local morrisons, fire at walkers apparentley… :question:

Preceded by a large IT problem. Walkers have been in a mess for a couple of months now; and they can’t blame it on a driver shortage, always used to be one of the plum jobs in Leicester.

It’s surely…

A coincidence that the rot began not long after Eddie took over the transport. The old boy network there ran like it was a petrol station on fire to other jobs.

Reference Christmas Dinner…

Poke it.

Vile pretentious meal.

Why not just call it a Sunday roast, that’s all it is unless you’re so pathetic and view it from the lens of peering through your own ringpiece

toonsy:

Poke it.

Vile pretentious meal.

Why not just call it a Sunday roast, that’s all it is unless you’re so pathetic and view it from the lens of peering through your own ringpiece

Disagree , Xmas dinner is all about spending time round the table with family , aunties , uncles , cousins etc etc , it’s a day for the whole family , in most cases the only day throughout the year when the whole family get together , love it ( though this year it will be just me & mrs & a beach , will miss it though
I do unsterstand though as a supermarket driver Xmas /new year will mean nothing to you as you’ll working , I guess one of the benefits employed drivers often speak of , 1.30 am start on New Year’s Day !!

dozy:

toonsy:

Poke it.

Vile pretentious meal.

Disagree , Xmas dinner is all about spending time round the table with family , aunties , uncles , cousins etc etc , it’s a day for the whole family , in most cases the only day throughout the year when the whole family get together , love it ( though this year it will be just me & mrs & a beach , will miss it though
I do unsterstand though as a supermarket driver Xmas /new year will mean nothing to you as you’ll working , I guess one of the benefits employed drivers often speak of , 1.30 am start on New Year’s Day !!

Im off from Dec23rd until Jan 2nd, cheers.

Last Christmas Day, I tried and failed to give my dad CPR and he died on his kitchen floor following a heart attack so forgive me for not feeling the festivities.

Buy,buy more crap,more pay station,fridge ASAP.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59385223

Maybe some of these Furloughed-■■■-Benefit Scroungers - should get a job by this point, and make some more?

Clearly, they are not all made in China - after all… Or they would all be sitting on containers on ships rather than flying off shelves because people are spending that furlough money they saved, rather than paying off debts with it, as the media told us was the case about a year ago…

Let’s face it - everything the media tells us these days - is a lie until proven true in a court case…!

Newark Council offering £5,000 bonus after a year. (T&.Cs apply) Upping training budget a little too.
newarkadvertiser.co.uk/news … a-9227088/
(Error or two in the article: LGV “light goods vehicle” licence etc.)
But so7nds like a nice to bonus to get in a lump if you intend staying.

New shortgate bbc.co.uk/news/business-59399754

toonsy:

dozy:

toonsy:

Poke it.

Vile pretentious meal.

Im off from Dec23rd until Jan 2nd, cheers.

Last Christmas Day, I tried and failed to give my dad CPR and he died on his kitchen floor following a heart attack so forgive me for not feeling the festivities.

I feel for you , my son was stillborn 34 yrs ago at Xmas , not Xmas day but over Xmas , we knew he was going to be stillborn , but they still deemed it the best thing for my wife to give birth , it was a harrowing time for both of us , but especially my wife , i held my son , I can still see him now , he looked perfect , I’m not a emotional person but I was then , why us , my wife had miscarried 2 times already , I can still see that look on my wife’s face , heartbreaking , that was it we didn’t want children , we did , but how could my wife go through it again
2 yrs later my wife after struggling gave birth to my girl who was rushed straight away to special care as he kidneys weren’t functioning properly they saw that through pregnancy but didn’t want me or wife worrying
I’ll never forget my son , I’ll always wonder , he’d be 34 now , what would he look like , be like , would we go to the football , go for a pint , would he look like me , his mum
But however much it hurts I’ve a daughter that I had to give the best life to I could , how could I spoil her Xmas when she was little , it’s difficult but you have to do the best you can in the circumstances , I love my boy , but I also love my girl , I miss my brother who died of mnd on 5 th nov 8 yrs ago , I don’t stop thinking about him , but I have to also think of sil , 2 nieces, there kids , so we remember my brother by taking the little ones to a lovely bonfire , they love it , there too young to remember my brother , there grandad , but I know he’d be happy what I try to do
And the same for Xmas , we often laugh at stories about all the family , dad , mil, brother , aunties , uncles etc we’ve lost , but the ones who are still here have to make the best of times like Xmas we can , as we won’t be here for ever , and just seeing little ones eyes light up when they open there presens would I’m sure get a seal of approval from above
Hope you have a better Xmas mate

Andrejs:

At Christmas many go short of their needs. We as drivers have always had a duty to the public.
I myself, have been called in to do relief work between Christmas and New Year, so that emergency loads of Champagne are present in the shops for the needy amongst us. I counted it as my civic duty. (And a nice little earner too.)

Franglais:

Andrejs:

At Christmas many go short of their needs. We as drivers have always had a duty to the public.
I myself, have been called in to do relief work between Christmas and New Year, so that emergency loads of Champagne are present in the shops for the needy amongst us. I counted it as my civic duty. (And a nice little earner too.)

You fogretting that those ‘‘emergency loads’’ had to be picked/loaded by warehouse staff, then stocked at the shelves and sold by shop staff so we’re hardly the only ones who have it sideways. What about emergency services workers, hospital staff etc.

Franglais:
Newark Council offering £5,000 bonus after a year. (T&.Cs apply) Upping training budget a little too.
newarkadvertiser.co.uk/news … a-9227088/
(Error or two in the article: LGV “light goods vehicle” licence etc.)
But so7nds like a nice to bonus to get in a lump if you intend staying.

Our local bus firms are offering this £5000 bonus after a year as well…

Why not raise the actual salary by that amount?

…Actually, I don’t think it would make much difference if they did… There’s three bus drivers I know that have quit Arriva to re-activate their C licences (and C+E!) to go driving for agency for the top dollar that abounds these days in agencyland… Can’t blame them there, and they’ve told me that a measly 5k isn’t going to keep their bums on the bus seat - as they’ve already left! :laughing:

The biggest danger this approaching Christmas - is that it’ll all be over by the 2nd week of december, and there will be a shortage of WORK with a flood of ex-agency drivers suddenly begging for minimum waged 60-84hour per week driving jobs that will suddenly become magically available in January… :frowning:

As always, I would like to be proven wrong in my suspicions and read - rather than merely accused of wearing a tin hat and rumoured to be “wrong”… :unamused:

ETS:

Franglais:

Andrejs:

You fogretting that those ‘‘emergency loads’’ had to be picked/loaded by warehouse staff, then stocked at the shelves and sold by shop staff so we’re hardly the only ones who have it sideways. What about emergency services workers, hospital staff etc.

Does this count as a “Whoosh” response?

I thought my talking of “emergency Champage” for the “needy” and “civic duty” was a bit obvious.