Drawings from past to future

[zb]
anorak:

bma.finland:
updated version of Mr Anoraks favorite :grimacing: cheers benkku

Very smart- the van Eck cab certainly makes the Leyland look like a vehicle which would travel the length of Europe- more so than the LAD cab, for sure! However, having read more about the vehicles of the 1950s and '60s (thanks mainly to the memories of TNUK contributors- thanks chaps), my “ideal 1960 lorry” might now be a bit different:

1. Plenty of people have mentioned the unreliability of the Power Plus Leyland 680 engine. I’ll have a Gardner 8LW instead, please.
  2. The van Eck cab is a bit spartan inside, judging by the photos of Herr Schmidt’s example. I have since discovered that the Paul & van Weelde cab, of the same era, had an oiled hardwood and leather interior. I want that instead!
  3. I don’t know whose chassis to use. Maybe I could do worse than to ask a Finn! :smiley:

I think I’d have gone for the Bollekens (Belgian) sleeper-cabbed LHD AEC Mandator with the 2AV690 lump(@ 192 bhp) and AEC 6-speed constant-mesh 'box, in the '60s. Just a hunch, you understand! Robert

iw6t1g.jpg

from 62 I certainly thake this tiltcab Sisu Kb 112 ,the engine was 680 poverplus ,but i change it for a Scania DS10(after 63 the DS11) the interior was very fine for it,s age ,whit materials used in coaches, but ,well i,m a finn :grimacing:

soon christmas,a ordered a load of beer and wishky from the guy :sunglasses: cheers benkku

bma.finland:
soon christmas,a ordered a load of beer and wishky from the guy :sunglasses: cheers benkku

A brilliant Xmas Card! Robert :smiley:

a usual day,cheers benkku

bma.finland:

The passenger in the dray lorry looks ■■■■■■ to me Benkku ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

bma.finland:

The passenger in the dray lorry looks ■■■■■■ to me Benkku ? Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis, They just leaving Guinness at Park Royal and the driver has been instructed to drop the Drayman back off in Leatherhead :smiley: :smiley:

yes Dennis his to young to drive ,but is thinking his better then the driver :unamused: cheers benkku

hyvää joulua :grimacing: cheers benkku

Hi benkku…
Hyvää joulua, ja hyvää uutta vuotta :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

bma.finland:
hyvää joulua :grimacing: cheers benkku

would this be a Vanaja ( I hope spelling is correct) bma as it as similar looks to a Leyland Beaver

cheers Johnnie

P S seasons greetings and thank you for you drawings

img494.jpg
that is a sisu whit Leyland 680 and this is a Vanaja whit AEC 690,cheers benkku

lost my best friend ,my pal for 9,5 years,sleeping in my bed ,a bit sad i am .dn,t think a am dooing some viking atacks to britain enymore,my lion has past away,take comfort in wisky and lager for nearest days

bma.finland:
lost my best friend ,my pal for 9,5 years,sleeping in my bed ,a bit sad i am .dn,t think a am dooing some viking atacks to britain enymore,my lion has past away,take comfort in wisky and lager for nearest days

I’m sorry to hear of your sad loss bma,I know the feeling mate ! But at least our coasts will be free of your future planned attacks eh! :wink: Anyway, these things happen when you keep animals so I hope you have buried him with his Axe for when he enters Valhalla and who knows he might be in “The Viking Bar” now having a bowl of Lager !!! :wink: Anyway, can I wish both you and your Family a very Happy and Prosperous 2016,Cheers Dennis.

Hey Benkuu, as Always over and over again very nice pictures.

Eric,

read about this here in an other tread ,poor fantacy :grimacing: cheers benkku

bma.finland:

That’s EXACTLY what I meant on the Leyland thread, Benkku! Your are a clever bloke! Robert :laughing:

bma.finland:

:smiley:

Can you now do something along the lines of a Pete conventional with the same grill and a CV12 in it and big twin exhaust stacks.Not forgetting the spirit of ecstasy mascot on top of the grill.That’ll be our US export product.:bulb: :wink:

Meanwhile this will be the guvnor’s company car.Although I can see trouble ahead with us using that grill. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=OxMxFE37Sxw

bma.finland:

Benkku my friend, I understand just how you must feel. We lost our horse on December 15, he had been our friend for 17 years , my wife worked out that I had not been with him every day at least three times for only 10 days in 17 years…

Ive “lost it” as well, he was my friend, confidant, and just a person “who looked like a Horse”…we love them, these animals, and when you love it hurts!!

Good luck for this year, and cherish his memory…but its a bugger how it hurts!

Cheerio for now.

And what I failed to say Bennku, is just how much your drawings are really appreciated by all of us!..Thank you for the time and effort you put in, they are a delight, and cheer so many of us up!..Thank you!!!