Dpd Driving Assessment.

sweet truck haul:

DCPCFML:

sweet truck haul:
Would any of u have the phone number for DPD human resources or possibly the Manchester depot?
Applied a while ago & was going to follow up my application however I’ve found it impossible to find a number!
Thanks.

They don’t contact you if you’re unsuitable. Move on.

Clean class 1 licence for 29 years, over 15 years European including Russia…
I’d better move on eh pal??

too experienced mate :slight_smile:

Swordsy:

sweet truck haul:

DCPCFML:

sweet truck haul:
Would any of u have the phone number for DPD human resources or possibly the Manchester depot?
Applied a while ago & was going to follow up my application however I’ve found it impossible to find a number!
Thanks.

my mate applied, 35 years class 1, driving assessor qualifications, advanced driving etc and got turned down…not sure what their criteria is to be honest…

[/quote]
my mate applied, 35 years class 1, driving assessor qualifications, advanced driving etc and got turned down…not sure what their criteria is to be honest…
[/quote]
Must like the newbies that will blindly follow their ■■■■■■■■ no stopping rules.

drover:

[/quote]
Must like the newbies that will blindly follow their [zb] no stopping rules.
[/quote]
Too much experience will frighten them tbh. Their perception will be that you will not kowtow to their petty rules and therefore be “problematic “;

the maoster:
Too much experience will frighten them tbh. Their perception will be that you will not kowtow to their petty rules and therefore be “problematic “;

Exactly. That is why they like newbies, foreigners, ex police, ex forces.

DCPCFML:

the maoster:

Exactly. That is why they like newbies, foreigners, ex police, ex forces.

Wonder why they employed me then as Im none of the above! :slight_smile:

biggriffin:
D= Dopey
P=Parcel
D=Driver

D=Deliver
P=Parcels
D=Damaged

Swordsy:

Swordsy:

DCPCFML:

sweet truck haul:
Thanks.

It says it all when their rules are no stopping, even unit only,.and if you dare to they ring you and ask you why, thinking there is nothing wrong with that.
Sounds like they want relatively low experienced drivers that they can mould into their shape, who are slightly robotic, don’t answer back, dont question stupid bloody rules, don’t use initiative and accept being micro managed.
(No offence to those who work for them on here btw, not bringing personalities into it,.as I don’t know you., just my opinion based on what has been said)

I’ve never been told you cant stop unit only. The whole point of not stopping is the security of the load, so unit only, where is the load?

And if you do get caught short and desperately need to stop you can. Pull into services, ring them up, get a code. Job done. Its no massive deal, they just prefer you not to stop or make a habit of it.

It’s not the no stopping per se, it’s the perception of inequality I reckon. Nobody likes to feel victimised at their workplace so I imagine that drivers requiring a special code just to let them go wee wee feel disgruntled that office staff are highly unlikely to require a code to leave their desks to visit the toilet or grab a coffee.

the maoster:
It’s not the no stopping per se, it’s the perception of inequality I reckon. Nobody likes to feel victimised at their workplace so I imagine that drivers requiring a special code just to let them go wee wee feel disgruntled that office staff are highly unlikely to require a code to leave their desks to visit the toilet or grab a coffee.

It’s a bit like being at school…‘‘Please Miss may I go to the toilet’’ imo. :unamused:
I prefer to be treated like a grown up,.I’ve been known to carry high value highly attractive loads every now and again,.I just use my common sense, and if I want to stop for a ■■■■ and/or a coffee, I will.
How far do they go with this pointy shoe designed system…
Is there a different code for a ■■■■ to a crap, or a coffee,.and do they have a graph on the wall monitoring who does which option, and how often?
Nothing would surprise me. with these type of companies.:laughing:

If drivers take all this type of crap seriously, it only encourages them.

Dpd want new drivers so they can micro manage/ mould them into robots.

To the original OP…

Did you actually do the assessment?

Bucking the trend here, but I fail to see the issue about not stopping. I’ve done several shifts for DPD over the past few years and found it easy work. You get 2-5hrs bunked down at the hub. If you can’t complete all your ablutions and drink all the coffee you require in that time, you might need to see someone about it. I will caveat this however with, my trunking run was never more than 2-2 1/2hrs. There may be longer trunks which require a rest break. Incidentally, one of my runs required me to take a trailer to a MSA then bunk down for 2-3hrs until I met another driver where we trailer swapped. Go figure…

Had a particular run from Exeter to Shepton Mallet. Trailer drop and swap, then off to Hub 4. Had to stop at Strensham for a 45. If i had kept going, I would not have made Corley services. Got a bollocking for taking a 45. :open_mouth:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Had a particular run from Exeter to Shepton Mallet. Trailer drop and swap, then off to Hub 4. Had to stop at Strensham for a 45. If i had kept going, I would not have made Corley services. Got a bollocking for taking a 45. :open_mouth:

Just remind them who’s name is on your tacho card and drivers licence [emoji6]
Also breaks are at the drivers discretion when he takes them

New pastures

blue estate:
Also breaks are at the drivers discretion when he takes them

New pastures

There’s nothing written in the rules to back that up though.

In reality, most firms don’t care where you take breaks but some do and can legitimately tell you where they are to be taken aswell.

Here there solo sheet you can read the rules

Their sheet .

Tarmaceater:
Their sheet .

Spotted a dpd driver there