Doing ROI

Big Truck:

nsmith1180:

ontheroad57:
Before you bother with all that stuff, try ringing around for a backload.
If you can get one, you will have you’re leg lifted.
Thats my experience anyway.

Sent from my 5085Y using Tapatalk

Don’t need backloads on this one. It makes a profit running out full and back empty. So to avoid complications with ROI VAT I’ll probably run empty back to Liverpool and pick up a backload on the mainland. It also gives me less stresses about boat check in times.

Must be some rate to run back empty and not bother to fill tanks with cheaper diesel even if wee bitta paperwork for Southern VAT.
It’s only a matter of getting their Revenue to post out the forms then post them back,
May even all be online nowadays :exclamation: :exclamation:

It’s not bad! I’m looking in to it but I’m still waiting on some of the dates to plan the runs, indications are that I’m going to be pretty tight on time for getting back, reloaded and on to then boat again on several of the runs. If I can’t spare the time to tip the back load there is no point in looking for one.

On the fuel front, how cheap is motion lotion over there at the mo?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

nsmith1180:

Big Truck:

nsmith1180:

ontheroad57:

Don’t need backloads on this one. It makes a profit running out full and back empty. So to avoid complications with ROI VAT I’ll probably run empty back to Liverpool and pick up a backload on the mainland. It also gives me less stresses about boat check in times.

Must be some rate to run back empty and not bother to fill tanks with cheaper diesel even if wee bitta paperwork for Southern VAT.
It’s only a matter of getting their Revenue to post out the forms then post them back,

It’s not bad! I’m looking in to it but I’m still waiting on some of the dates to plan the runs, indications are that I’m going to be pretty tight on time for getting back, reloaded and on to then boat again on several of the runs. If I can’t spare the time to tip the back load there is no point in looking for one.

On the fuel front, how cheap is motion lotion over there at the mo?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Roughly €1.30L

Big Truck:

nsmith1180:

ontheroad57:

It was a few years ago now, but i loaded back from the North, having had the truck tipping in Dublin area.
I rang every haulier etc.
Mostly, the response was, you dont want to be bothered with sending your own trucks over here, we can do it for you.
I cant remember who it was we loaded for.
It was upvc window frames and i instantly regretted taking it on
At the poor rate.
I always made sure i was covered both ways after that.

Goaty:

Big Truck:
Buy your fuel in Republic
(we all do!!!) go over tanks quarter or less.
Not as cheap as it once was but will save you money compared to UK when driving past the fuel stations that have truck pumps.

Bit of a ballix getting the VAT back via Irish Revenue but easy enough once you do it 1st time.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Me too, at present. Been staying in Dungiven for the last fortnight and filling the car up in ■■■■! Great name… All the garages on the border take euros or sterling, the Maxol one offers a fixed 15% against the euro, £1.10 p/ltr gross at present. Be a PITA with vat though, I’m sure.

No need to cross the border, plenty of cheap diesel floating about in that part of the world :wink:

Mazzer2:

Goaty:

Big Truck:
Buy your fuel in Republic
(we all do!!!) go over tanks quarter or less.
Not as cheap as it once was but will save you money compared to UK when driving past the fuel stations that have truck pumps.

Bit of a ballix getting the VAT back via Irish Revenue but easy enough once you do it 1st time.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Me too, at present. Been staying in Dungiven for the last fortnight and filling the car up in ■■■■! Great name… All the garages on the border take euros or sterling, the Maxol one offers a fixed 15% against the euro, £1.10 p/ltr gross at present. Be a PITA with vat though, I’m sure.

No need to cross the border, plenty of cheap diesel floating about in that part of the world :wink:

Not with big signs up on the side of the road :wink: