Does payload matter any more

28078960550_e8c2861b85_b.jpg
One of Smiths alloy bodied trucks, good payload but ruined by Wilcox having a crossbar between the tailgate pillars.

Muckaway:

Big Truck:
What’s the story with those “Cloburn” high specced 8wheelers and artics for sale every now and again in CM??

Only a year or so old yet selling them,
Surely must lose wild money from when new??!!![emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

If it’s like some subbies around here, they buy new because “Mr I have a company facebook page I post ■■■■■■■■ on” has just bought one so they must have one.
Lots of Merc Arocs for sale I’ve noticed; Are they ex demos or are they so bad the operators have returned them?

BP Mitchell sell them on under two years old and some less a kit of the newer ones have a Canadian body they assemble and fit.
Don’t know if they buy them from scania gb as they buy so many so cut out the dealer margin or something

I think Truck Trader would collapse if K.Rouse didn’t have a near new truck for sale on there.
Just seen an ex AW Cleaver Volvo 8w on truck trader. 64 plate FMX yet they’ve recently bought old Alphas from Smiths. I know the Smiths ones carry a barrowfull under 20t but the earnings must be knocked back by spending out on such old trucks?

Interesting payload comparisons, sadly a typical wishy washy verdict though… :unamused:
google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc … 5JJ6cxLDKQ

First time I have watched this video …so the best one is a Scania but the best thing he could say about it was (with the good residual it comes out best) well what about running cost you can not buy a truck just because they sell well ,mind you I am glad they do sell well because I could not wait to get rid of mine.

Just sell material by the load, and use muckaway bodies. Write “20t” on the ticket as builders etc call 8 wheelers “20 tonners” anyway. They see a mammoth load of topsoil arrive that probably weighs about 16-17t tops.
I know of a grab operator who has a 6 inch steel plate welded into his two trucks to make the body shallower. Someone told me this was “illegal” but how can it be? There is no rule on how deep a tipper should be.

Illegal no I think it is a good idea :stuck_out_tongue:

Over here we can run 46t gross(not that it matters too much). I drive a 06 MAN tga with a short Schmitz tipper tare is 14.9t so 31.1t payload. A chap that runs out of the same quarry runs a 16 actros with a long Schmitz and his gross is 19t so only a 27t payload. 4t less of a payload could be 80e less a load on some of the long runs we do.