Does being really low on ad blue

Don’t quite see how you will ‘ruin the engine’ when the stuff is injected into the exhaust :confused:
Anyway I drive a stralis :unamused: , had a fault come up saying the ad blue pump was knackered , I told the office it needs taking to the dealer to be sorted as it will go into limp mode soon .
My advice was ignored ,and later that day ,it was into limp mode max speed 10 mph and a wait for the tow truck :stuck_out_tongue:

raymundo:

Pat Hasler:
Why on earth do companies send drivers out in vehicles that use Ad blue or DEF as it is known over here ? If you have no idea how the system works read the [zb] manual before you do. The first truck I had with the system I looked at the manual and found out everything I needed to know, if there is no manual ask, there can be no shame in asking for advice rather than breaking down because the engine has shut down when you run out of it. It’s quite simple really, every time you fill with fuel top up the DEF (ad blue). If you ruin the engine your boss will be really angry and you will look like the idiot you show yourself to be.

There ya go Williams9881, you have just been told by a driving God :unamused:

Aka Conor :laughing:

What year is your truck,Mikey?

Running low or out of Adblu will neither make the engine sound different or ruin any components, its purely Urea injected into the exhaust downstream of the cat to drop nox. I always specify the largest Adblu tank available (120 litres) as i always have the largest fuel tank fitted (currently 1480 llitres) and make sure its brimmed every time i fill up. Most stations over here at least keep it in stock and topping it up regularly stops any ridiculous 20kph restrictions. Mapping adblu delete can cause problems as the lamda sensors wont recognise adblu injection come I.t.v time and isnt worth the hassle…

Commonrail It’s on a private plate but roughly 18 months old ? Euro 6 engine , drinks ad blue like it’s out of fashion :unamused:

Alant:
Tamworth services is a key fuels site

I guess he knows that. In the o.p. he mentions that Tamworth didn’t have any… That’s why he was low… :unamused: :unamused:

Mikey D:
Commonrail It’s on a private plate but roughly 18 months old ? Euro 6 engine , drinks ad blue like it’s out of fashion :unamused:

Mines euro 6,and also has ad blue issues.

The electrics went haywire on it , something to do with corroded wire to the night heater ? Took them nearly two weeks to sort it , then the adblue pump and had to be replaced :unamused:
That was 2/3 months ago
Then an hour ago electrics are playing up again , currently waiting for the grease monkey/ parts fitter to turn up :neutral_face:

Oh joy :stuck_out_tongue:

And on a Friday aswell :smiling_imp: