Do you get stressed easily?

Do you get stressed easily?

No.

I’ve never seen a problem solved by someone getting stressed about it, nor have I ever seen a bad situation improved by someone getting stressed over it.

So what would be the point ? :confused:

NO I DONT GET STRESSED EASILY SO STOP ASKING ME !!..AAARRRGGGGHHHH !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Let me tell you a story

There is very little in this life worth worrying about. Work isn’t one of them. The end.

Gets me through anything stressful. As TT said, sarcasm does help too

No, and certainly not as far as work goes. I find driving a lorry very relaxing and stress free. I dont know hope some find it so stressful

Some people are just idiots, either that or think they are above and beyond, better etc than anyone and everyone else around them.

I work with someone like it, 30 years old and acts like a 3 year old, hes fine if everythings going to plan, and if hes getting his own way and getting a job he likes or prefers to do, but take him off it and make him do something he doesnt like and his toys come flying out the pram, he becomes moody, aggressive and then doesnt work to his full potential, always seems to get away with it though. Spoilt brat in other words, needs a good kicking.

Another one i know was a friend of my brothers, always had to be important one that everyone should bow down to, always though he was above and deserved better than the rest, really competetive and didnt like to be seen to be below or have less than anyone else, and as the same guy at work if someone had something he didnt or better than him then he too would go on one. He was always the type of guy to full on kick off in public over the most minor thing, but 9 times out of 10 when someone stepped up to him he backed down instantly. :unamused: :laughing:

waynedl:

DJC:
Straw that broke the camels back maybe? I don’t tend to get wound up easily, I did however get very frustrated at iceland Enfield for refusing to open the bay doors when a quite a few boxes fell out the back of my reefer. I’d been there 2 weeks previously when the same happened and they opened up and took them inside. This time they claimed they couldn’t and made me stack them all up out the way before lifting a finger.

Are you still a box jockey for Roadways? If you are, it’s not your problem if something falls out of the back, give them a choice to come and collect the boxes before you continue your reverse, if they don’t, reverse over them.
You’re only taking a sealed container to and from them, anything else is their problem.

I’m not saying be like that all the time, but if they have an attitude with you, return the favor. We are only there because the ship won’t take the container straight to the bay for them.

That’s right. Causing them upheaval is only going to cause me grief in the long run, although it’s frustrating to have them being bone idle it’s just simpler for me in the long run to get on with it. At the end of the day if I do reverse over it it would be quite easy for them to pin all the blame on me and then I’m for the high jump unless I can prove otherwise.

DJC:

waynedl:

DJC:
Straw that broke the camels back maybe? I don’t tend to get wound up easily, I did however get very frustrated at iceland Enfield for refusing to open the bay doors when a quite a few boxes fell out the back of my reefer. I’d been there 2 weeks previously when the same happened and they opened up and took them inside. This time they claimed they couldn’t and made me stack them all up out the way before lifting a finger.

Are you still a box jockey for Roadways? If you are, it’s not your problem if something falls out of the back, give them a choice to come and collect the boxes before you continue your reverse, if they don’t, reverse over them.
You’re only taking a sealed container to and from them, anything else is their problem.

I’m not saying be like that all the time, but if they have an attitude with you, return the favor. We are only there because the ship won’t take the container straight to the bay for them.

That’s right. Causing them upheaval is only going to cause me grief in the long run, although it’s frustrating to have them being bone idle it’s just simpler for me in the long run to get on with it. At the end of the day if I do reverse over it it would be quite easy for them to pin all the blame on me and then I’m for the high jump unless I can prove otherwise.

Then just stop, and sit there. You’re on time, just because you’re not on the bay, that’s not your problem. They’ll move the boxes before I would, that’s for sure.

Now, as I said, if the bay doors are open, I’d happily throw the boxes up, but if their attitude is ‘you’ll re-stack them drive’, then they’re in for 1 hell of a shock when they realise I’ve been on facebook on my laptop for the last 45 mins and the boxes are still on the floor.

Curtain siders, box trailers, flats etc, it’s all the drivers problem, containers however, not our bloody problem, we’ve done our bit and that is to get it there. The container, the seal, the load inside, all their responsibility

No, and certainly not as far as work goes. I find driving a lorry very relaxing and stress free. I dont know hope some find it so stressful

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Even on multidrop, just kickback, relax and enjoy the drive between drops. I’m positive that what causes humans the worst feelings of boredom is being stuck in the same place day in day out. As a driver, even if you’re running around postman pat style, when you’re out of your truck working (unloading/loading) you have the pleasure of effectively working somewhere new every day, or at the very least not being stood around in the same place.

That’s how I look at it anyway, and I enjoy it.

I very rarely let myself get stressed at work, I find that the old saying “this too shall pass” does wonders to remind me that whatever is beginning to get to me will very soon be old news. Works in reverse too, when times are good it helps to remember that nothing lasts forever.

Drift:
I get lots of dirty looks when I call at RDC’s :blush:
I park up, go to the window a chap comes out and shows me where he wants my wagon…At this point I am being glared at and can feel it in the back of my head :laughing:
Then the realisation I am not wanting a bay but delivering Fork Lift Trucks or Batteries :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I like this que jumping :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

The day after this post I was picking a few FLTs up at Magna Speke and its tight in there at the best of times and this DHL driver begged me to let him load first as only five pallets where going on :laughing: me being me and hourly paid did the honourable thing and let him in :wink:
Then some bugger nicked my speck :imp: but I had the arrangement with the lads on site so he got shifted out the way to some god forsake tight corner :sunglasses: :laughing: