Dismissal due to the stolen fuel from lorry

dieseldog999:

toby1234abc:
I had fuel stolen, and was not sacked.To cut a long story short, I was in the layby near Oxford services, two foreign trucks in front of me.
Late at night, some bloke was banging my cab door and shouting.
Fearing it was a lorry hijacker, I phoned the Old Bill, they sent a helicopter and four cars and a dog unit.
The man banging was the foreign driver trying to tell me his fuel was stolen too.
The helicopter found about 30 containers all lined up behind a fence to a travelers camp.
I was given a crime reference and that was it, no charges for theft due to no evidence.

A helicopter,4 plodcars,and a dog unit??..obviously a quiet night in oxford then :confused:

mmmmmmmmmm,its a beauty that one :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

It is true, my call was a hijack, they sent out the Calvary, I do not tell lies.

seth 70:

dieseldog999:

toby1234abc:
I had fuel stolen, and was not sacked.To cut a long story short, I was in the layby near Oxford services, two foreign trucks in front of me.
Late at night, some bloke was banging my cab door and shouting.
Fearing it was a lorry hijacker, I phoned the Old Bill, they sent a helicopter and four cars and a dog unit.
The man banging was the foreign driver trying to tell me his fuel was stolen too.
The helicopter found about 30 containers all lined up behind a fence to a travelers camp.
I was given a crime reference and that was it, no charges for theft due to no evidence.

A helicopter,4 plodcars,and a dog unit??..obviously a quiet night in oxford then :confused:

mmmmmmmmmm,its a beauty that one :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

Driver talk at its finest

Spacemonkeypg:

High quality Tobyness at its finest. :wink:

dieseldave:

Spacemonkeypg:

High quality Tobyness at its finest. :wink:

Reminds me of the day i lost a contact lense in Tesco Erith. Police chalks my wheels as im illegal to drive and CSI came in to seek the missing lense. All the week after i missed the herald of free enterprise by 5mins because i was on the blower to my mate Andy from the SAS

Why does anyone park up with that much diesel on board! Some people don’t help themselves!

Fileep:
Why does anyone park up with that much diesel on board! Some people don’t help themselves!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Really?? Maybe he should have just kept driving until he had burnt through 3/4 of the tank then? :laughing:

Fileep:

Lol so if you have your diesel stolen it is your fault for carrying it, perhaps we could pop round to your house and help ourselves to some of your possessions after all how stupid of you to have a decent tv when you could make do with a black and white portable.

From an operators point of view… I have had diesel stolen quite a few times over the years and each time it hurts… We have spent a fortune on anti siphons… Try to park in the right places and try not to park up with full tanks… But it still happens… Twice in the last 6 weeks it has happened… We have now stopped having trucks with 1000+ Litre tanks as it is only more to have stolen. I would never discipline a driver for having his diesel stolen… Only once have I made a driver pay as he left the PIN numbers with his fuel cards and thieving scumbags had 5000L within 24hrs… That is something I have in the contract !!!

WhiteWhiteWhite:
From an operators point of view… I have had diesel stolen quite a few times over the years and each time it hurts… We have spent a fortune on anti siphons… Try to park in the right places and try not to park up with full tanks… But it still happens… Twice in the last 6 weeks it has happened… We have now stopped having trucks with 1000+ Litre tanks as it is only more to have stolen. I would never discipline a driver for having his diesel stolen… Only once have I made a driver pay as he left the PIN numbers with his fuel cards and thieving scumbags had 5000L within 24hrs… That is something I have in the contract !!!

cant say fairer than that…fair play…

I heard some scuttlebutt from a driver today when we both were fuelling in Harker heading North. I have no corroboration for the following.
A driver (not necessarily the op) left Barry with a full tank (800+ litres), delivered to Neath on a Friday and got lost on his way back to Barry. Ended up in Merthyr Tydfil (not a nice place to park), and decided to weekend there. Fuel got nicked - boss got ■■■■■■ off and told him he had to pay.
For those who can’t be arsed to look at a map (or Driving Wheel Attendants who don’t own a map :wink: ), Neath is just off the M4, as is Barry. Merthyr is up the Heads of the Valleys road (A465) and most DEFINITELY not on route.
IF that is what happened - I sort of understand the boss’s point of view :wink:
As I say, I haven’t heard it from anyone in the office - but I try to avoid them if I can :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:
moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome and stick £500 on top of your claim for your time and trouble.

how do you do that?

The Sarge:
I heard some scuttlebutt from a driver today when we both were fuelling in Harker heading North. I have no corroboration for the following.
A driver (not necessarily the op) left Barry with a full tank (800+ litres), delivered to Neath on a Friday and got lost on his way back to Barry. Ended up in Merthyr Tydfil (not a nice place to park), and decided to weekend there. Fuel got nicked - boss got ■■■■■■ off and told him he had to pay.
For those who can’t be arsed to look at a map (or Driving Wheel Attendants who don’t own a map :wink: ), Neath is just off the M4, as is Barry. Merthyr is up the Heads of the Valleys road (A465) and most DEFINITELY not on route.
As I say, I haven’t heard it from anyone in the office - but I try to avoid them if I can :stuck_out_tongue:

are you emplying that this guy was working for hill billy goats scruff/ brough (brough in next to kirkby stephen and many sheep) at skint and knackered

The Sarge:

One of ours got his Go go juice nicked on Hirwaun Ind Estate a couple of years ago. Very quiet at night, obviously a Scumbags Paradise !