Did you take time off for the Australian or Japanese flu?

…Not whilst I know from experience I won’t get paid if I do. :frowning:

“Discretionary Sick Pay”… That means I am disqualified from claiming SSP from the DSS until I’ve been off over a week. FFS You only spend four days in hospital these days having something cut out of you!

I’ve had a runny nose for the last few weeks or so, bloody annoying when it sticks the hairs on the back of your hand to the skin !! :slight_smile:

raymundo:
I’ve had a runny nose for the last few weeks or so, bloody annoying when it sticks the hairs on the back of your hand to the skin !! :slight_smile:

What’s matter with your sleeves ? or are they already soaked .

Ive had loads of colds and the odd bout of flu in the past but this one has completely dropped me. Over the worst of it (I hope) but the bit that’s doing my head in at the minute is my ribs and abdomen are killing me. Apparently its caused by all the coughing, it damages the intercostal muscles between the ribs. Fells like somebody digging a screwdriver in ever time I cough, sneeze or even just move a bit too fast. Getting in and out of the cab is a nightmare and I hate taking time off. I’ll be glad with it finally buggers off!!

My wife’s got the Japanese flu at the moment, No warning and she was flat out with it in hours. My 2 stepsons was so worried they called the help line and they sent a ambulance out. I am trying my best in keeping well out of the way!! yes i’m a total wimp!!

I cant afford to be bedridden for more than a day. Monday, Wednesday or Friday to be precise. I have seminars every Tuesday and 3 lectures on Thursdays. I need to work every Saturday and Sunday to survive financially.

Keep it in yorkshire

scanny77:
I cant afford to be bedridden for more than a day. Monday, Wednesday or Friday to be precise. I have seminars every Tuesday and 3 lectures on Thursdays. I need to work every Saturday and Sunday to survive financially.

Keep it in yorkshire

Thought I had a busy life :slight_smile:

Got it Xmas eve - off work for three weeks and it took six weeks to go completely. High temperature everything hurt like hell all joints etc and then I broke out in a bright red rash over most of my body and arms and legs - had 4 docs look at it and didn’t really know what it was. :open_mouth:

Wife got it 3 days after me so I’m trying to look after her as well :cry: :cry:

There was no way it was going to a dose of night nurse and crack on. Getting up to go to the crapper was a major effort. Wife got over hers pretty quick which was a blessing - she didn’t get the rash element either.

Now we’re on a major vit c doseage for the foreseable.

I’ve never had anything like it before and certainly don’t wish to again.

Had a really bad time before xmas and took around 5 weeks or so to fully go and to feel back to normal again, I had the flu jab too so not sure if it had worked or not. Had I not had the jab would I have been worse or did it simply not work? Unusual for me to take any time off work but I had 5 days off and felt rough for a good 5 weeks.

rab6600:
Ive had loads of colds and the odd bout of flu in the past but this one has completely dropped me. Over the worst of it (I hope) but the bit that’s doing my head in at the minute is my ribs and abdomen are killing me. Apparently its caused by all the coughing, it damages the intercostal muscles between the ribs. Fells like somebody digging a screwdriver in ever time I cough, sneeze or even just move a bit too fast. Getting in and out of the cab is a nightmare and I hate taking time off. I’ll be glad with it finally buggers off!!

Further to the above post last week… I finally had to give in a contact the Doctor for an appointment… No that I got one mind unless I wanted to wait 3 weeks! they sent me to the Urgent Care Centre (which I found out when I got there is a private clinic run by Virgin and paid for by the NHS) I was told there that because I hadn’t been coughing properly due to the pain it caused in my ribs, I now had Pneumonia… and after an Xray they found the pain in the ribs wasn’t from damaged muscles, its a stress fracture! Who’d have thought all this grief from a cold eh… Now been told I could be off another 2 weeks… oh deep joy!

You can bet your arse though i’ll be at the front of the line for the flu jabs next time. Not planning on ever going through this again.