Dick Turpin at the Services

dieseldog999:
they do good hot pies,but if your ever wanting a debate,try asking them for a couple of cold pies to take away and see what they say.

I believe Greggs do not keep pasties / pies etc warm at all. The items are only hot/warm if they are still hot from the oven, otherwise stone cold.

Noremac:

dieseldog999:
they do good hot pies,but if your ever wanting a debate,try asking them for a couple of cold pies to take away and see what they say.

I believe Greggs do not keep pasties / pies etc warm at all. The items are only hot/warm if they are still hot from the oven, otherwise stone cold.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
try and buy a cold pie from them.
they are on display after they have been heated up and if you can see them,then they are meant to be warm.
lots of folk like cold pies,or even buy cold pies to heat up later.
try and buy a cold pie from a msa greggs if your in a mood for a debate. :slight_smile:

Just to make you aware, every MSA is built on Crown Estate land and the ground rent for this land is substantial. In 2003 whilst working for Moto the Doncaster North site (M18/M180 Junction) the ground rent was £2.5m for a the year. After staff costs/stock/overheads the site made a yearly profit of £28,000.

Other MSA’s are in the same boat, they also have a legal obligation to stay open 365 days a year.

The Crown Estates contract was renegotiated in 2011 and will do so again in 2021, it’s a sort of like it or lump it contract and doesn’t take into account the amount the MSA can make in profit, however they will allow a minimum profit. In the time I worked for Moto, no one services made more than £75,000 profit with Reading being the biggest earner.

The target for peoples anger over pricing should be at Crown Estates, not necessarily the MSA’s [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

bleve that KFC , BURGER KING and others priced at that level are hanging in by their fingernails, most that i pass are empty not like 5yrs ago queues to the door , the good times are oh ver. once one gives up theyll all go but the lower priced places wont

dieseldog999:

Noremac:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
they are on display after they have been heated up and if you can see them,then they are meant to be warm.
try and buy a cold pie from a msa greggs if your in a mood for a debate. :slight_smile:

You know hot pies go cold don’t you? If buying to heat up later just buy their hot, or usually lukewarm pies. Hey presto an hour later you’ve a cold pie

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[/quote]
You know hot pies go cold don’t you? If buying to heat up later just buy their hot, or usually lukewarm pies. Hey presto an hour later you’ve a cold pie
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i think cold pies are minging if they are not au naturel i.e cooked then left to go cold without being reheats.//,…,but il clarify.

if you buy a hot pie,then its already been cooked once…then its reheated ( 2nd time)if you let it go cold and reheat it again,( 3rd time). then apart from botulism,salmonella,bubonic plague berri berri and the black death,then itl be as hard as john nicholls , ( which is well hard if you believe him) :laughing:

Greggs don’t reheat. They come straight from the oven (where they are cooked from fresh) to the shelf and are sold. They won’t reheat them hence at best they are often only lukewarm

switchlogic:
Greggs don’t reheat. They come straight from the oven (where they are cooked from fresh) to the shelf and are sold. They won’t reheat them hence at best they are often only lukewarm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
sacrilege at best.
.unless you get a couple when you see them going on display,then after a while your right about being lukewarm,with the added bonus of being as dry as a witches ■■■.
you can buy a cold one from their shops but not being able to buy one from the msa shops is a mystery,especially when your trying to get a logical answer from the cabbage not serving you.

So their perfectly safe to reheat at home after they’ve gone cold :wink:

switchlogic:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
absolutely safe,just crap quality if you compare them to a cold one from a greggs shop that are on display for sale as cold pies,not reheats that you would then need to reheat.

you consider not drinking water whilst doing so for your ultimate cold pie eating experience.
youtube.com/watch?v=L1nEcMImQN4

I went to Greggs last week. I asked for three broken sausage rolls and one squashed. I want them warm at one end but not at the other and Im in no rush.

The woman said it to another server and she said tell him Greggs don’t do food like that.

:smiley: Well you did last week!

dieseldog999:

switchlogic:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
absolutely safe,just crap quality if you compare them to a cold one from a greggs shop that are on display for sale as cold pies,not reheats that you would then need to reheat.

you consider not drinking water whilst doing so for your ultimate cold pie eating experience.

Blimey you get some weird bees in your bonnet. You know the pies will be the same quality hot or cold don’t you? They are all the same cooked the same way. And again, Greggs don’t reheat

[/quote]
Blimey you get some weird bees in your bonnet. You know the pies will be the same quality hot or cold don’t you? They are all the same cooked the same way. And again, Greggs don’t reheat
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
its probably the way im typing the words…
you can go into a greggs shop for example in glasgow,and you can either buy a pie from the oven or you can buy a cold pie from over the counter thats been cooked once but is sitting on display to be sold stone cold for you to eat cold,or take home and heat up .
my only original statement was,try and buy a cold pie from a msa greggs… :slight_smile:

switchlogic:
And again, Greggs don’t reheat

That’s to do with the “pasty tax” isn’t it ? ie if you deliberately heat a pie up for a customer there’s VAT on it, if it happens to be hot from the oven, even though you don’t purposefully serve them hot, then there is no VAT. Maybe that’s not the case now but I am sure it used to be.

manski:

switchlogic:
And again, Greggs don’t reheat

That’s to do with the “pasty tax” isn’t it ? ie if you deliberately heat a pie up for a customer there’s VAT on it, if it happens to be hot from the oven, even though you don’t purposefully serve them hot, then there is no VAT. Maybe that’s not the case now but I am sure it used to be.

I’d not thought of that, you may have a point there

I was at greggs in local bp one day Saturday.
I asked for 2 steak bakes.
The youngish lad said be a few mins there Still in oven.
I waited he them took them out the oven gave me 2 and said be carefull there hot.
Then his supervisor some stick up woman really had a go at him.
Said you don’t ever give good to customers straight from the oven. You have to leave it to cool down for a few mins 1st.
And you never ever tell them.its hot .you tell them it may be hot.

I felt sorry for the young lad.
But guess it’s a stupid health safety thing . American culture about being sued

They most likely pay a ■■■■ ton of money for rent too

dieseldog999:

Noremac:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I can’t think of a reason to buy a ‘cold’ (room temperature) pie from an msa Greggs. Visitors to the services are probably quite far from home and they would be buying a pricey pie that has already been out for a while, only to keep it at room temperature for even longer on the way home. For the sake of the odd person that really wants to eat a cold pie, then surely they could buy a warm one and let it cool down.

ònce again…thats a rehear and as dry as a witches ■■■.
read back the info…
its probaby more of a glasgow delicacy with an aquired taste.

dieseldog999:
ònce again…thats a rehear and as dry as a witches ■■■.
read back the info…
its probaby more of a glasgow delicacy with an aquired taste.

Se ye Jimmy yum yum