Diary...picture heavy, now with map

Great diary, thanks for the time and trouble to do this :slight_smile:

nianiamh:
I found this waffle over on page 2 and only after a few days, think i may see if there`s any jobs within the transport press for me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nice read & pics there Ronnie Mac :laughing: is all this local info printed on them large latte cups fatty :laughing:

There are plenty of jobs in the Canadian press for you chunky, most of them have parties in the summer and they’re always looking for a Mr Blobby to entertain the kids :laughing:

Keep em coming nice to see , Is there no ex pats in Aus that could do the same where`s beatun these days?

greek:
Keep em coming nice to see , Is there no ex pats in Aus that could do the same where`s beatun these days?

I totally agree with you, I don’t mean about mine, although I do like doing them and some people like them, my Mum is a big fan :laughing: The diaries give us all a little bit of entertainment and we get to see other sides of the job, the bloke up in the highlands (I forget his name) does a fantastic diary, I would like to see one every week, Tonka was also a good read and Switchlogic is very good too.

Most of the threads on here are questions or moaning, both of which are good, but a little bit of entertainment is more than welcome in my book :wink:

Even the most mundane job can be good to read about, even agency work could make an interesting read, always in a different motor/yard/part of the country, it would also allow people to learn a bit about something they haven’t done (yet) and that’s never a bad thing :wink:

What was the mileage on that run Mark? Great read by the way.

do you never get to your yard ■■? lol…as i pass it 5days a wk doing 2 rounders somerset-grunthal… i think i have spoken to every brant driver but you …hehe…aanyway is that new kebab shop in morris (jnct 23/75) anygood. (georges)
in disguise at mo…hauling an end dump ,triaxle white…instead of the train…bosses evaluating fuel/payload at moment.results are strange to say the least!.
jimmy… :unamused:

Jimmy, I haven’t had the pleasure of a kebab yet, the bloke is an authentic bubble, so it should be good though, here’s hoping :wink:

Scannyfanny:
What was the mileage on that run Mark? Great read by the way.

That trip is about 4500miles, although I added a bit more going down the old roads, probably only another 100 or thereabouts, I’ve just got back from the exact same trip as it happens and looking through my log book I did it 2hrs quicker this time and I stayed on the big roads all the time :wink:

newmercman:
…the bloke is an authentic bubble…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …that statement would confuse some people in the UK let alone the States, wonder what the septics would make of it■■? :laughing: :laughing:

loved it mate keep them coming!! :grimacing:

Christ, And I think the Berwick run is a hike,

Great diary, a tat jealous :grimacing:

Mark, as I used to say on FB…Nope not jealous, not at all, not one iota…well maybe a little. I would love to be out there doing that. Fantastic read and equally craking pictures mate.

newmercman:
…I would like to see one every week, Tonka was also a good read…

With that kinda compliment Ive gotta ask just what is it your after? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I used to love posting them up on here. Like yours, and what like what said previously, its great to see how the other half live. Only problem with mine was the fact that I never moaned. I could see the difference between the job and the firm however the “in thing” at the time was to moan about everything and at those who didnt. I might see about posting up my last week on the boxes at some point.

Only just caught up with this thread. Nice one, enjoyed that.

Nice addition with the felt-tipped in map. :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . Would be better if there was a bigger version with all the place names on that you refer to in the blog. You need a proper route plotting app :sunglasses: .

Excellent. Very interesting.