Diary of supermarket driver!

Diary of supermarket driver! (Tesco’s Kiln Farm)

06.00 Turn up for work
08.00 Still waiting
08.30 Get trunk to Fenny Lock (4 Miles)
09.30 Still at Fenny Lock awaiting return trunk
10.00 Get return
11.30 Still waiting Kiln Farm for second run
12.30 Get second Fenny Lock Trunk
13.00 Leave Fenny with return
15.00 Get third Fenny Lock trunk
16.30 Get return to Kiln Farm
17.00 Go home in tears :unamused:

Mike,would it be fair too say you didn’t enjoy every minute of it?? lol

I sometimes do the milk deliveries for Express dairies mostly to Morrisons and KwikSaves, it certainly keeps your reversing skills in check at some stores. Try the Morrisons in Wakefield town centre, with parked cars either side of the loading bay, I found it a ■■■■■ with a 45 footer, would have been better with a dinky trailer, but nevertheless it got there, after much sweating and cursing. :laughing: A lot of our agency drivers wont touch this work cos you have to unload your own cages, and then reload with empties, no help from Morrisons I might add, then again this can swing both ways when they want help. :smiling_imp:

peace

Allrighty

You should have tried some of the Netto stores in London. Peckham was a pain in arse to get out of (one way system) and Stamford hill was a blind side jacknife into an underground unlaoding dock.

Why cant all supermarkets be like Waitrose, At least if they had tight drops then they would install a turn table, the one in London Marlybone is ace. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:

renault premium

and your admitting to driving one of these :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nice story hope it continue’s to go well and i’d love to see your trl’s if there only 24’’ and 44’’ rather than 24’ or 44’ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: good luck

nowt wrong with a premium when your on a long haul for the night and you eventually get it wound up to full speed …
only the irish lads have got past me in the one we use when we are running short …

Welcome to the team Bones… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

IMHO, altho most / ALL of the stores are a nightmare to get into, I think in years to come, you’ll appreciate this type of experience so early in your career… I did a few weeks for another company who mainly run RDC work, and whilst it was ‘easier’, I could see it getting boring… compared to strategicaly planning every drop… :smiley:

Remember that when you’re loadin empties, that atleast ONE member of staff must assist you… Don’t try it on your own… I have numerous times in the past, and all I feel is, really knackered, and a real muppet… :blush: :imp:
I don’t anymore… :wink:
Stay in the trailer at all cost’s, otherwise they’ll exploit your nievity… !!! :wink:

Enjoy…

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

Re the comments on Asda and Waitrose having easier drops than Summerfield’s:

Try Asda Southgate (London) and Waitrose Southsea then see how you feel…

I’ll try anything once, twice If I like it. LOL :laughing:

allrighty:
A lot of our agency drivers wont touch this work cos you have to unload your own cages, and then reload with empties, no help from Morrisons I might add, then again this can swing both ways when they want help. :smiling_imp:

peace

Allrighty

Core what a liberty having to unload your own wagon :unamused:
Don’t mind unloading at all myself, delivering bags of cement to a private estate in Virginia Water, they had no forklift or tipper, so me and two other blokes carted 65 bags 300 yards up the road (muddy track) to the patio, that’s on the shoulder, none of this wheelbarrow fanny :exclamation:

i did a couple of days agency at somerfields sherburn once and hated it crappy stores one in manchester was in the middle of a market :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: no thanks

Jaycool007:
I’m hoping to drive for ASDA when i pass class 1 as they all seem to be rearly big superstores. Dont know if they have a distribution centre near Manchester though or weather its Exel or Wincanton that dose it. Argos here have open days advertised every other week though top gear driver agency but some of there stores look rearly hard to reverse into :open_mouth:

hi jaycool
i work for ASDA from wakefield
most of the manchester stores are serviced by wigan (ambient) and skelmersdale (chill/frozen).from what i here they are short of drivers too.
ps. all ASDA depots are in house apart from a couple of small depots eg. corby.
good luck with your test
jon

laybybobb:
ASDA do the Manchester area from Whitwood.

we only do H+L(home & leisure) from whitwood
some east manchester stores are serviced by us the rest is over to wigan & skem.
jon

good luck in your job bones i hope you like it :smiley:

a diary of this supermarket driver is…

OFF ALL WEEK :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
tomorrow i am going to vist the commercial vehicle museum in leyland in the morning followed by the afternoon at blackpool pleasure beach :smiley: :smiley:

jon

Thanks 4 the info jonboy much appreciated, ASDA will be top of my list of contacts when i pass class 1 :wink:

well done mate, speaking as a bit of a newbie myself (2 years), i remember how hard i found it when i first started. its half the battle when you get directions and tips on the best way to do the stores. personally, ive gone 2 mile down the road to turn round toget the reverse on my good side. you should see some of the stores we’ve got to get into at the co-op!! must say though it does get easier with the experience. even now i still get out if im not sure, it only takes a second and its a lot quicker than filling an accident form in. keep having fun matey :smiley:

Well another week done.

Another excellent week for me all in all. :smiley: :smiley: Still lots of discussions etc at our place regarding wtd and this seems to have made no significant difference to the work pattern :smiley: . one thing however is people are saving any “extras” :wink: for there rest day when it is paid as a premium so no coming back for second runs during the week which is paid at flat rate :sunglasses: :sunglasses: . one other noticable change is there is alot less “waiting time” before your allocated a run. every day this week i have been out of the yard trailer checked etc etc within about 45 mins.

No real “highlights” for this week just more of the same but i really am enjoying the challenge of some of these drops :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: . got the rolling cage/octupus problem sorted now so shouldnt have that problem again and am picking up more and more “Ways” of doing the job :wink:

Lots of difficult reverses but not hit anything or anyone which is a bonus!

did a “purdie lodge” trailer swap this week which was a bit different and involved waiting for the lads to come down from petrieve (sp) dont think we were too popular doing 40 on the single carrigeway bit of the a1 on the way up but heyho!!

Going to get some pictures this week of some of the delivery areas and motors if i can.

Cheers,