Diary of dieseldave's trip to the hospital carvery INC PICS!

brit pete:
Dave after last nights talk , I took a look through
the post here and,as a confirmed coward,
sooner you than me, i dislike visits to the medical
establishments,I hope that you have no further problems,
which make you have to visit that establishment again.

Hi brit pete, It’s a great place-- honest.:grimacing:

I’m afraid more visits are planned, because my Mängelliste is extensive. :wink:

Actually, I’m looking forward to it. :smiley:

Cracking read Dave,especially liked the following bit i would be ■■■■■■ worried
if a bloke like Rolf Harris came in !! :open_mouth:

if I went into the room to be met by a person wearing a white coat, no surprises there. Normally, you’d expect them to have a stethoscope around their neck, right?? but this guy looked like Rolf Harris and had a tailor’s tape measure instead. he came in the room ! :open_mouth:

Mind you Dave the nurse didnt look too bad ■■ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

DEANB:
Cracking read Dave,especially liked the following bit i would be [zb] worried
if a bloke like Rolf Harris came in !! :open_mouth:

if I went into the room to be met by a person wearing a white coat, no surprises there. Normally, you’d expect them to have a stethoscope around their neck, right?? but this guy looked like Rolf Harris and had a tailor’s tape measure instead. he came in the room ! :open_mouth:

DEANB:
Mind you Dave the nurse didnt look too bad ■■ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:grimacing: They were all very good, but I think they were really warders dressed as nurses, as there was no chance of them letting me go for a quick smoke outside. :frowning:

“Mängelliste” stop using german :confused:
just cost me a 40 minute earbashing after i phoned my daughter for a translation :angry: :laughing:

:blush: :blush: Sorry biggus :blush: :blush:

:blush: Maybe I got a bit carried away when I did my post two-thirds of the way down THIS POST

I’m not sure why your daughter would bash your ear, after all, how could you be expected to know.?

If you’d have PMed me to ask, I wouldn’t have bashed your ear. :wink:

I do hope you’re still doing OK.:grimacing:

hi mate, i’m doing fine thanks, went for my 1st open road drive yesterday (peterborough to wisbech and back and in my car i hasten to add) the 1st time ive driven out of town since september last year.
she’s not bashing my ear because of the translation, she’s always happy to do that as long as its french, german or spanish
its the following conversation when she realises i’m shedding the cotton wool that she’s trying to keep me wrapped up in.
kids, who’d have em :laughing:

biggusdickusgb:
hi mate, i’m doing fine thanks, went for my 1st open road drive yesterday (peterborough to wisbech and back and in my car i hasten to add) the 1st time ive driven out of town since september last year.

Hi mate, you can’t really blame her though can you??
After all, what you’ve been through (including the little ‘scrapes’) is enough to frighten the poor girl. [And the rest of us on here.]
Did you feel tired after that journey??

she’s not bashing my ear because of the translation, she’s always happy to do that as long as its french, german or spanish

:smiley: Blimey, she’s a clever girl, I’ve only got German at that standard. :frowning:

its the following conversation when she realises i’m shedding the cotton wool that she’s trying to keep me wrapped up in.
kids, who’d have em :laughing:

My son is the same. My op was in December, and although it’s still a bit sore, he offered to do my hedgecutting this week.

I don’t know whether you looked at the link I gave, but that was several hours worth of work, cos I can’t type anywhere near long enough to have done it in one take. :frowning:
The brain is (mostly :wink: ) fine, but the body is unwilling. :frowning:

I’m no different to you, ‘sofltly softly catchee monkey’ applies to us both IMHO.:grimacing:

not tired at all, i’d been wanting to do it for a while
i have a mate/ex boss who lives in near wisbech who visited me many times while i was in hospital so i went around to his farm for a brew and to show him how much i’ve improved since he last saw me in hospital.
donna is clever when she wants to be, spanish his her preferred language followed by french, her german is good enough to quickly get me an answer.
if i had a problem in spain when i was running there all the time, i never tried to stumble my way through the problem, i just phoned her, told her what i wanted, passed the phone to the spaniard, let her get the answer and then she’d tell me what was needed
the good thing is now she lives in bicester and doesn’t know half of what i get up to :laughing:

biggusdickusgb:
not tired at all, i’d been wanting to do it for a while

That’s excellent news indeed.:grimacing:

the good thing is now she lives in bicester and doesn’t know half of what i get up to :laughing:

:laughing: :wink:

PMSL Dave. :laughing:

You did say at Truckfest yesterday,to read the story,and I must admit that it tickled me.

Nice one.

ken.

dieseldave:
I wouldn’t want to lift a pint, cos I’m a teetotaller, so I’ll stick to my mugs of tea.

Ah, now where would we be without TEA■■? Cant do nothing without a double size mug of tea every hour :stuck_out_tongue: Now how often do you hear that from a 21 year old :wink: Teetotal aswell btw :wink:

Had surgery to the right knee around 4 months ago now. Only went to see the doctor because i couldnt straighten or bend the knee without it feeling like it was going to pop right through and end up with a knee cap on the floor infront on me…Went in hospital, got changed into an un-flattering dressy thing. Was allowed to wear me boxers, mightly relieved to hear that was i, the draft was bitterly cold! Mr Surgeon drew an arrow on my leg…i presumed it was to tell him to “work” on the knee and not the ankle…

2 and half hour later i appeared out of surgery, feeling the way other people describe a hang over. knee was the size of a small football, not to pleasant either. Was told that i should nip to the loo to make sure everything was honky dorey…not sure what was expected of me so went for a pee, ended up puking… think it was the colour scheme to be honest!

Like DD, i still have numbness around the lower right of the knee cap…wont stop the accelerator going down though :wink:

Serves me right for mis-usin them when i was a kid i suppose/… :stuck_out_tongue:

Good job you went to Countess and recovered, not many do from Jurassic Park sorry I mean Arrowe park

K.Adams:
Good job you went to Countess and recovered, not many do from Jurassic Park sorry I mean Arrowe park

:laughing: :laughing: PMSL, I like it mate… :laughing: :laughing: