Depression and lorry driving

Without tying to sound a hard arse ur not depressed your love sick and to say all this on a lorry drivers forum is asking for the micky take ■■■■ me surly you have friends and family you could talk to first ,and before you all jump on the "you don’t know what its like " till it happens to you ive been there and done it for a damm site better reason than my girlfriend ■■■■■■■ off half way round the world proper depression puts you in a world of utter darkness which one lad as said you cant get out of bed in the morning nevermind go to work because you don’t give a ■■■■ about anything, sorry for your lass ■■■■■■■ off but this site is the last place to ask advice on something as serious as depression if your that unhappy you would do anything to be with her ,sorry mate get a ■■■■■■■ grip.

BIG AW:
Without tying to sound a hard arse ur not depressed your love sick and to say all this on a lorry drivers forum is asking for the micky take [zb] me surly you have friends and family you could talk to first ,and before you all jump on the "you don’t know what its like " till it happens to you ive been there and done it for a damm site better reason than my girlfriend [zb] off half way round the world proper depression puts you in a world of utter darkness which one lad as said you cant get out of bed in the morning nevermind go to work because you don’t give a [zb] about anything, sorry for your lass [zb] off but this site is the last place to ask advice on something as serious as depression if your that unhappy you would do anything to be with her ,sorry mate get a [zb] grip.

With the greatest of respect, ■■■■■■■■. Depression is depression, we all deal with it in different ways, some can’t get out of bed in the morning, some consider taking their own life, some just have days/weeks where they want to be left alone. I’ve been there, my job cost me my relationship also, just because the dude doesn’t have the more extreme side of depression doesn’t mean he isn’t depressed.

Proper depression my arse.

Back to the OP, sorry to hear it m8, been there myself, lost my partner because of my job, speak to your GP, see what happens from there, may give you counselling also, no matter what happens, all the best and I hope you can either work something out or get yourself right.

neilp1982:

BIG AW:
Without tying to sound a hard arse ur not depressed your love sick and to say all this on a lorry drivers forum is asking for the micky take [zb] me surly you have friends and family you could talk to first ,and before you all jump on the "you don’t know what its like " till it happens to you ive been there and done it for a damm site better reason than my girlfriend [zb] off half way round the world proper depression puts you in a world of utter darkness which one lad as said you cant get out of bed in the morning nevermind go to work because you don’t give a [zb] about anything, sorry for your lass [zb] off but this site is the last place to ask advice on something as serious as depression if your that unhappy you would do anything to be with her ,sorry mate get a [zb] grip.

With the greatest of respect, [zb]. Depression is depression, we all deal with it in different ways, some can’t get out of bed in the morning, some consider taking their own life, some just have days/weeks where they want to be left alone. I’ve been there, my job cost me my relationship also, just because the dude doesn’t have the more extreme side of depression doesn’t mean he isn’t depressed.

Proper depression my arse.

Back to the OP, sorry to hear it m8, been there myself, lost my partner because of my job, speak to your GP, see what happens from there, may give you counselling also, no matter what happens, all the best and I hope you can either work something out or get yourself right.

How can you lose a relationship thru a job? if the relationship is right a job won’t matter .

When I was driving many years ago (about ten) my wife always used to get up with me to make my pack up what ever time, but I found myself getting to the door and not wanting to go to work I would just cry and to this day I can’t say why. I was doing ridiculous hours as we all do and it was a week about but I think it was a lot of small things making me feel that way.
I was lucky as my wife was and remains to this day very supportive and she can see when I start to get down, (probably before I do) and I trust her to be honest with me. Now I know it’s not the main reason for depression but stress and tiredness can be a factor as since I’ve changed jobs I feel much able to manage the way I feel.
Like another poster said drink ain’t the answer and November seems along way away (start your Christmas shopping now) but life has a way of surprising us all whe it comes to relationships.
I met my wife in Tenerife in the 90s I lived in Peterborough and she in Boness Scotland, the rail companies made a few quid along with Royal Mail and BT, but we got there 20 years married this year (top lady) what I am trying to say is we all get there in the end and I am sure you will be with your young lady soon so stay positive good things do happen.

4yorks:
marriage here in the UK isn’t an option as you need interview after interview. Plus you need I believe £100,000 in the bank, which I don’t have. Marriage is SA is a similar setup, interview with immigration officers and you need to convince them it’s not a marriage of convince. Plus they also need a police check too so marriage won’t necessarily equal living there unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I’d be very surprised if that was true. And I’d change my surgery if I couldn’t get any appointment before the end of the week.

Depression is a ■■■■■■■■! I have suffered with it for years and it NEVER goes away!

bigvern1:
Depression is a ■■■■■■■■! I have suffered with it for years and it NEVER goes away!

You just learn different way to control it most of the time

A mate of mine went to SA for a woman they married came back here ( she happened to be a gold digger ) he found out the hard way they divorced she went back to SA he went downhill for a while but has pulled back although still has bad days but has had a lot of help form family & friends

Good luck just keep going till your appointment unless you can get 1 sooner

There is no quick fix for this

Definatley horrible to go through,some really good replies tho. A lot of people just dont understand until you have it. Only thing I can offer is try and hope things improve however long that may be, money,work etc have to come down list of priorities, without health you have nothing.

You may or may not be depressed, but pills ain’t the answer.