Demo trucks

MR VAIN:
Do Merc do a fully manual box then?

I dont think so.Perhaps new Arocs have manual box but MP4 no.

Not sure if tyhey come in manual shame if they dont. An arocs grounder will suffice.

Well then?

Interesting topic Mr V, was thinking the other day, after reading bout switclogics comments on his 750 being faster & more economical than his old R440, just how cost effective a new high powered truck is compared to an older lower powered vehicle, especially when you factor in time saved, lower fuel/adblue consumption & residual value.

We had a MP4 on demo last week 2545 was averaging 8mpg loaded running both ways over windy hill , sometimes only 1 way loaded

Silver_Surfer:
Well then?

Well then what? :wink:

MR VAIN:

ellies dad:
Great review. No question they are good of fuel but…what are they like on the hills rumour has it they’re slow :blush: Ask the dealer do the release bearings still pull through the clutch plate or if the ecu or gear cylinder last more than 3 years now :unamused:

Hello Dad! Yes they are a little slow on the hills, but at those fuel returns who cares. The clutch bearing problem has been rectified. Not sure about anything else :smiley:

gear control module rumoured to be no better in the mp4. something to watch out for.

MR VAIN:

Silver_Surfer:
Well then?

Show us pictures of the precious! (shaking uncontrollably). Gibber.

Silver_Surfer:

MR VAIN:

Silver_Surfer:
Well then?

Show us pictures of the precious! (shaking uncontrollably). Gibber.

Patience :smiley:

(I’m still yet to work out how to post pics too :blush: )

MR VAIN:
Patience :smiley:

(I’m still yet to work out how to post pics too :blush: )

dont give us that old flannel Rob, you’ve got plenty of photos you’ve put on here!
Come you on boi!

This one?

There’s something about you and red Rob. mine used to be the bank balance :wink:
How’s tricks going fella Keeping well I trust

nick2008:
There’s something about you and red Rob. mine used to be the bank balance :wink:

Not too bad mate, had a rough time of late but I think it’s coming together now. How about u?

MR VAIN:

nick2008:

Not too bad mate, had a rough time of late but I think it’s coming together now. How about u?

Full time blue chip company max 4 shifts 2 off 5 week pattern same run pension 4 months time entitled to 80% full pay when sick ot at £130 per shift max weekly hrs 40 incl breaks think its a winner :wink:
Good to hear ur getting there fella chin up arse down crack on. :wink: :wink:

MR VAIN:
This one?

Yes, yes but we need to be blinded by the RIMS!!!

Silver_Surfer:

MR VAIN:
This one?

Yes, yes but we need to be blinded by the RIMS!!!

No chance. No alloys on this one.

:frowning:

do merc make sideskirts for the 6 leggers?

Sorry to hijack this thread but I’m midway through trialling a 1848 4x2 MP-4 and I must admit it’s a lovely bit of kit. The company I work for have only got it for two weeks [CRYING FACE].
The fuel consumption has been pretty amazing.