deadlines

I love it when I get to a tip and they say “I was told you’d be here an hour ago!” I just reply “I can’t imagine why you would have been told that…”. Or “You should have been here two hours ago!” and I reply “Why, what did I miss?”
I drive a lorry - not a ■■■■■■■ warehouse. End of.

madguy:
I was told yesterday to go from Norwich to Bedofrd, had 6hrs51mins on the clock already, sat nav said it would take 2hrs 45mins so i would be into a 10 hr, said i would do my best but if i didnt get there i would park up and do the rest next morning, anyway traffic was crap and 9.8 mile from Bedford only had 9 mins left so pulled up in an off road and called in saying that was as far as i would get and would finnish off in the morn. (should piont out i was empty and i would be dropping the empty and picking up a stand trailer that was loaded for deliveries today)
anyway, transport rings me 10 mins later as says they need me there tonight and no matter what i had to be there, explained again that i was 9 mins and nearly 9 miles away and wouldnt do it in my time when the planner says ( you ready for this■■?)

“as im the cpc holder i am authorising you to go over your hours and just do a printout and write an explanation on the back that you went over because you needed to get to a safe parking place”

I did ask him when he had been promoted to Traffic Commisioner or when he started working for VOSA and how he thought HE could give me authorisation to go over my hours when its MY licence.

Needles to say i stayed put and carried on this morning and still got the job done…

There is nothing worst than a numpty planner that thinks he’s god.

Madguy :smiling_imp:

Haven’t had this with my present employer, but have had similar in the past. “Just put that in a text for me, would you?” usually solves the problem :wink:

madguy:
I was told yesterday to go from Norwich to Bedofrd, had 6hrs51mins on the clock already, sat nav said it would take 2hrs 45mins so i would be into a 10 hr, said i would do my best but if i didnt get there i would park up and do the rest next morning, anyway traffic was crap and 9.8 mile from Bedford only had 9 mins left so pulled up in an off road and called in saying that was as far as i would get and would finnish off in the morn. (should piont out i was empty and i would be dropping the empty and picking up a stand trailer that was loaded for deliveries today)
anyway, transport rings me 10 mins later as says they need me there tonight and no matter what i had to be there, explained again that i was 9 mins and nearly 9 miles away and wouldnt do it in my time when the planner says ( you ready for this■■?)

“as im the cpc holder i am authorising you to go over your hours and just do a printout and write an explanation on the back that you went over because you needed to get to a safe parking place”

I did ask him when he had been promoted to Traffic Commisioner or when he started working for VOSA and how he thought HE could give me authorisation to go over my hours when its MY licence.

Needles to say i stayed put and carried on this morning and still got the job done…

There is nothing worst than a numpty planner that thinks he’s god.

Madguy :smiling_imp:

I’m really surprised they’d even try that on with anyone who was full time. I’m pretty sure that full time staff at companies have a lot of rights, and would get good backing if they decided to take a case like that further (union/employee tribunal, etc…), because the company’s clearly in the wrong.

Usually this is more common treatment for the lowly agency man who’s in ad-hoc at a company, because they have pretty much no “rights”. For the company it’s as simple as “never asking for that driver back” if they refuse to comply with what they are being told to do.