DE ROOY

Yes, I may be mistaken but I’m thinking they were in some way related to Edcrest?

Chillistrucker

Pass my regards to Brian and ask if he
Remembers Neil from RL.

As for securing tractors I know some used to go out like you say with one strap over the back wheels. We used to get our straps from the dock loaders at 35 berth and they were short with a hook and loop arrangement at one end allowing you to secure the wheels at each corner.

Cheers
Neilf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Monk:
Yes, I may be mistaken but I’m thinking they were in some way related to Edcrest?

Yes it was Edcrest Harry, then De Rooy got in bother in Leyland

Wheel Nut:

Harry Monk:

Yes it was Edcrest Harry, then De Rooy got in bother in Leyland

That’ll be this then…

A UK subsidiary of a Dutch transport company faces action against its O-licence after it was discovered importing trucks from Holland on false registration plates.

Leyland-based Intramast (UK), owned by De Rooy, had brought the trucks through Hull Docks. It also failed to comply with undertakings given when its O-licence was granted, and had problems with vehicle maintenance.

commercialmotor.com/latest-n … lse-plates

Harry Monk:

i’m not 100% but i do remember there being something in our local rag about “these” issues. never heard what the upshot was, and to this day they are still in the tractor plant everyday.

neil, i’ll pass on your regards and ask him as most days i have the misfortune of talking to him :grimacing:

Edcrest was the company that De Rooy set up in the UK being a bit shy about using their own name