DCPC courses - South Yorkshire

Franglais:

good_friend:

crannman:
im from Rotherham firm from out Immingham way do cpc in Barnsley£37 jm trucking I think there called gona give em a try later in year

I’m not arguing with you but please just check that price includes uploads or you might find you are paying out a lot more. It’s a bit like the Chinese on eBay. Charge less than a quid for something and then postage is another £15.

The classes would have to be enormous for them to make any money at 37 quid.

Are there any rules about class sizes do you know? One to one would be uneconomic, but I’m a lecture halll with a hundred the trainer couldn’t check that all were paying attention?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Attention is not a requirement…is it?
Turn up, sign in, sit down, coffee, lunch, sit down, sign out. Check upload that evening.

steviespain:

Franglais:

good_friend:

crannman:
im from Rotherham firm from out Immingham way do cpc in Barnsley£37 jm trucking I think there called gona give em a try later in year

I’m not arguing with you but please just check that price includes uploads or you might find you are paying out a lot more. It’s a bit like the Chinese on eBay. Charge less than a quid for something and then postage is another £15.

The classes would have to be enormous for them to make any money at 37 quid.

Are there any rules about class sizes do you know? One to one would be uneconomic, but I’m a lecture halll with a hundred the trainer couldn’t check that all were paying attention?

Attention is not a requirement…is it?
Turn up, sign in, sit down, coffee, lunch, sit down, sign out. Check upload that evening.

I was under the impression that keeping one’s eyes open was the clincher? If you’re nodding and making comic book “Zzzz Zzzz” sounds you’re not really “attending” to the course? So the trainer won’t sign you off?
I’ve as much expertise in this as in everything else of course…zilch.

Nope, that seems to be ok too.
It´s no secret that I´ve just done a 35 hours thingy. And tbh, the only thing that was absolutely mandatory? turn up, on time, with your licence, stay to the end.
Had people snoozing, watching vids, txting the Mrs. As long as we were physically present, all good.
I must say, I found most of it fascinating enough to keep awake all the time :smiley:
Bus drivers :smiley: Gotta love em :smiley:

I’ve never had anyone go to sleep in one of my courses, unless they can sleep while walking around a lorry, peering at a tacho and producing a print out.

(You would be surprised how many drivers have no idea how to produce a printout, either of the last 24 hours on their card or for the truck itself)

Personally I don’t like teaching more than 10 at a time but I know a lot of places think 20 is the optimum. But then again, despite everyone thinking that CPC trainers don’t know 1 end of a lorry from the other, I do actually have a class 1 licence, plus other bits and pieces, and I use all of them!

It´s been said, time and time again, even in the short time I´ve been a member here. …CPC needs to include instruction on the tacho.
Ok It´s not the most complicated piece of kit, I´ve used keyboards that would fry your brain, but it´s not …easy… and/or self explanatory. The menu system is devised by a throwback to the indecupherabvle (sic) guitar effects processors of the 80s FFS!

Doing my head in, really is.

Well I bit the bullet and book a place on the Atlas course on Saturday, and the Saturdays in Oct & Nov with Doncaster GTA.

peirre:
Well I bit the bullet and book a place on the Atlas course on Saturday, and the Saturdays in Oct & Nov with Doncaster GTA.

Let us know how you get on? It’s worth knowing how good these places are.

Thanks

good_friend:

peirre:

Let us know how you get on? It’s worth knowing how good these places are.

Thanks

I can speak for Rob at Atlas, he knows his stuff and has been driving longer than I’ve had a heartbeat

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk