Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 2)

Three of the finest tipping in Civitivechia, port of Rome this morning, Buzzer

1 Like

All your drivers should be paying you to tour around Europe.

We think Units & Trailors are big, but parked alongside some ships, they are small.

Fantastic photos Andrew.

Hi all, Buzzer, Wrighty its about time we had some farming picture’s to keep us that are interested up to date. Gerbil

1 Like

Kev you just cant get action farming at the click of your fingers and hardly anyone comes on THUK nowadays to look in or comment so be patient me lad. Here is a Friday night shot of Tracy Island with the faves gone home for the weekend after exausting luxury touring trips all around the EU, they need rest now to get ready for the next all action holiday trips next week, Buzzer

2 Likes

7 furrow plough, 35ft long and a fair weight.

1 Like

How much power would a tractor need to pull that?

I was once told that ploughs have a weak link so that they don’t over load?
Is that or was that true?
And if true would be the link on a plough like that?

Lot’s of questions! Soory.

IMG_7182
East Shaw Ven with his mum.

Not a lot of action going on up ere at the moment, waiting for the weather to pick up then it’s flat out cropping. We did manage to get some sheep sheard yesterday before it rained so that was a bonus.

Cheers Wrighty.

1 Like

Probably need upwards of 300hp depending on how heavy the land is. Most ploughs have spring loaded arms so if they hit a big stone they will ride up over it and not damage the plough, some also have a shear bolt as added protection.
Not something we use up here, last time any of our fields were ploughed they would of done by a horse drawn plough…

Cheers Wrighty

Thanks for that. :+1:

Good to have a report and thing’s are ok Wrighty. Gerbil

1 Like

Now that is funny, Buzzer

nmp

The cartoon’s funny-the actual incident was a disgrace, but then I don’t suppose there’s many in Feltham with cattle handling experience.

I heard the NFU had come out in support of the police action.

Gerbil just a little farming update from down south, today was the dreaded TB reading of my 20 Charolais steers and thankfully they all went clear which is a great relief, this test was an enforced one which I might add I had to foot the bill for as the cattle came from 6 month TB zone so have to be retested after 60 days. Soon as you start to put up handling hurdles those cattle summit is about to happen. Here are a couple shots of them in the paddocks at home but they can run in and out the barn as well, Buzzer.

That’s good news on TB test Buzzer do you still put the cattle down on the marsh or keep them at home know.Gerbil

Kev we have not got the marsh this year and there is nought down there, HCC said I was too extensively farming it but got a couple other plots of grass to use. Half the population dont realise just how much ground and farms the council own and it was all paid for with our taxes too, Cheers Buzzer

IMG_7236
Busy up ere as well first 80 acres cut, haylage today hay tomorrow.

Cheers Wrighty.