Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

DISPATCHER:

Buzzer:
Busy today as contractor came at 10am to row up and bale my haylage, got 85 bales in all and got them all in with me disco and ifor trailer, not so many as last year but we cut a month earlier than last year as the weather was good so took what was there, Buzzer

Looks like heavy haulage

That bloke is an old fashioned Haulier because if it fits on and the tyres are not flat the job’s a good un so we’ll take it nice and quietly up the road tonight ! :smiley: :wink: Anon 1.

Bewick:

DISPATCHER:

Buzzer:
Busy today as contractor came at 10am to row up and bale my haylage, got 85 bales in all and got them all in with me disco and ifor trailer, not so many as last year but we cut a month earlier than last year as the weather was good so took what was there, Buzzer

Looks like heavy haulage

That bloke is an old fashioned Haulier because if it fits on and the tyres are not flat the job’s a good un so we’ll take it nice and quietly up the road tonight ! :smiley: :wink: Anon 1.

Actually them there bales were a lot heavier than I first thought, started of at 8 on a load but cut it back to 7 in the end as when coming into land at the homestead the back end grounded on the road :laughing: :laughing: it was a bit green when baled which is good for the cooking process within the bales so hope it cures well. Some weigh 750kilo so was a tad over but no VOSA on the short lane trip home and I went real steady honest gov, Buzzer.

Good job you weren’t in the W/Midlands might have been seen on F/book

VTA In later life

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

IMG_0965 (2).JPG

IMG_0964 (2).JPG

Beats the flymo Buzzer

Evening Buzzer

Well silage 2023 has begun up ere, been mowing all day down at Redmire and it’s been a good crop despite the recent dry weather. Back to it tomorrow with more mowing and Alice will be piloting the tedder getting it nice and dry.
Been a busy couple of days at work been down to Felixstowe with concrete and then hay from Chelmsford to Norwich, then reloaded straw from the same farm back up to ■■■■■■■■

Cheers Wrighty.

IMG_5427.JPG

IMG_5441.JPG

IMG_5436.JPG

Nice to see you playing catch up this year Wrighty as you beat me too it last time, the weather has helped and most down South are a month early with little difference in crop yield, Got 138 bales in the stack and 16 or so left over from last season so plenty, put the 5 smallest steers down the marsh with the others yesterday after they ate the grass of the paddocks at home which I topped with the mower today as it was still on the tractor. Next job is to clean out the barn which is for next week if all goes to plan. You should have another two weeks of good weather to see your crop done, nice when all goes well, cheers Buzzer.

Cleaned out the muck from the barn today, not too much 8 loads in heap in field ready to spread later on, Buzzer

Checking the Charolais on the marsh at 07.30 this morning, they are always by the water tank at that time then retreat to the marsh, been out 5 weeks now looking good, Buzzer

A few on the agri side, the photos from and thanks to Rab Lawrence and snapped at shows and rallies in Aberdeenshire.
Oily

Tractor Rab  B.A Stores Country Fair AberdeenShire 52911310392_188f69aa5c_k.jpg

Tractor Rab 52912025364_7fc3ffc786_k.jpg

Tractor Rab  B.A Stores Country Fair AberdeenShire 52912337698_55b2b8395a_k.jpg

Buzzer

Buzzer

Credit where it is due, Roger our longest serving driver nearly 28 years with out a break has retired, he was an integral part of the Davies International team and in his time with us he has travelled in excess of 3.5 million kms in seven different trucks 6 of which were new visiting 29 countries, not many men have a record like his and we hope he enjoys his well earned time off in retirement, remember taking him on and it only seems like yesterday so good luck in the future mate, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Credit where it is due, Roger our longest serving driver nearly 28 years with out a break has retired, he was an integral part of the Davies International team and in his time with us he has travelled in excess of 3.5 million kms in seven different trucks 6 of which were new visiting 29 countries, not many men have a record like his and we hope he enjoys his well earned time off in retirement, remember taking him on and it only seems like yesterday so good luck in the future mate, Buzzer

That’s nice buzzer,not many people now can keep someone for so long. You must be proud,and so must Roger. Good man.

You must be paying too much for him to stay that long :laughing:

Evening Buzzer

Well she’s certainly warmed up a bit this last week, making it hard work sleeping in a tin box at night. We did have some nice rain on Sunday night which lasted for about 45 mins, it should have done a bit of good as we need it. Finished cropping down at Redmire with some nice hay and haylage got, not big crops but it was only going to get less so we thought we’d better be having it.
Parked up tonight in Markham moor tipping outside Lincoln in the morning then off for a load of straw for back home.

Certainly a good stint by Roger do you think he will be looking for a bit of holiday cover in a couple of months time, or is that his keys hung up for good…

Cheers Wrighty.

F4EA5C77-26E9-423E-828F-79AC2B299BC1.jpeg

B3FE766D-2AD0-425B-81E2-B0A59079C777.jpeg

Hi buzzer, well i thought i would never see the day but he has done well and earned a rest. I suppose they are fitting over his special truck now then.
I dont know if Roger get’s on here but if he doe’s good luck enjoy your retirement mate. Gerbil. :sunglasses: