Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Well at the recent BMA conference the doctors almost unanimously agreed that it was not their job to collect money for the NHS, and to charge for patient care in this country is racist, so I assume that that will also apply to medicals for lorry drivers…

John.

Hi John,

Hope you and the Boss are well, Mr West is right you shouldn’t have to pay, had mine last week in Romsey and it was free.

Regards
Richard

Evening Buzzer

We tend to give the heifers a handful of grub to keep them quiet and it makes them a lot easier to move, spending the night in a quarry near Romford tipped my tractor and tanker but cannot get mi notes signed until the morning.

Cheers Wrighty.

Wrighty you live life to a high level don’t you just, trust you carry vitals to sustain you when you are in these god forsaken places overnight. Well I have had a busy day water bowser in the marsh at 0700 home and refill then of to replace a bottle of oxygen for me mate and pick up some more blend from another mate. Home for a quick sandwich then off to do me LGV medical which I passed and blood pressure only 128 over 64 not bad for an oldun eh, had to pay the 90 quid though no getting away from that though I did ask, done in the Doctors lunch hour as not allowed to do it in NHS time I was told, anyways pleased to have got it all sorted but not sending it off till after me birthday as when you are 70 or over you don’t pay for a renewal on your licence, hey ho here we go for another year gotta find a new/old cattle truck now cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Just seen this handy little machine for those small jobs around the farm, would have loved this when I was a kid, Buzzer

Remember all those high thin tractors you use to see at the French vineyards. Remember going past a tractor dealer and his yard was full of them.

Had some rain here overnight Buzzer so i expect you had some as well.

DEANB:

Buzzer:
Just seen this handy little machine for those small jobs around the farm, would have loved this when I was a kid, Buzzer

Remember all those high thin tractors you use to see at the French vineyards. Remember going past a tractor dealer and his yard was full of them.

Had some rain here overnight Buzzer so i expect you had some as well.

Not enough of the wet stuff mate hoping for a down poor now, Buzzer

Blimey Buzzer congratulitions must be in order,with a blood pressur like that ,excellent, mine is about that about after 3 hours after i have taken my tablets ,and have kicked in ,been on them since around 1980s [meat work]…but 75 now,and just painted the whole BUNGALOW,2 shifts over 2 days,with a high end appex.

3 beers a night[spekeled hen] and about 4 rollups,12mindnight bed,1 hour IPAD netflix,up for 9ish and then take it as it comes,no work dutys [only household]today full bed change 2 beds,vacum,wash kitchen floor,bathroom floor,by hand.the secret is 2 buckets…also jet washed the patio ,then knocked off.how our lives are different,but we still turn too every day and do our bit,as it seems all on here do… dbp.

This is “snapper” all washed up and shipping out to Caen this afternoon, still aint got a phone that puts pics up though think i’ll sack him from that appointment, Buzzer

Buzzer:
This is “snapper” all washed up and shipping out to Caen this afternoon, still aint got a phone that puts pics up though think i’ll sack him from that appointment, Buzzer

Well John seeing as no one else seems to be keen to state the obvious I will :sunglasses: ! Class shot of a Top outfit taken by a dedicated Driver ! So all the “Sweating” , “Ducking and Diving” and Agg you went through in the early days has certainly paid off :smiley: . Credit to you and The Boss, respect ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Well John seeing as no one else seems to be keen to state the obvious I will :sunglasses: ! Class shot of a Top outfit taken by a dedicated Driver ! So all the “Sweating” , “Ducking and Diving” and Agg you went through in the early days has certainly paid off :smiley: . Credit to you and The Boss, respect ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Must agree Dennis they do look grand when all clean and shiny like and Trevor and Paul in the yard even get lifted in a safety cage to do the roof’s but “snapper” has been known to wash other’s trucks off when in the yard on a 45 very credible that, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Must agree Dennis they do look grand when all clean and shiny like and Trevor and Paul in the yard even get lifted in a safety cage to do the roof’s but “snapper” has been known to wash other’s trucks off when in the yard on a 45 very credible that, Buzzer.

■■■■■■■ Wimps Buzzer ! :blush: Thee and me would either get hoisted up on a pallet or use a ladder ! HSE gone mad eh! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

[zb] Wimps Buzzer ! :blush: Thee and me would either get hoisted up on a pallet or use a ladder ! HSE gone mad eh! Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis I once bought a 12ft high step ladder for the chap washing the trucks off but we were not allowed to use it as deemed dangerous if used with a pressure washer lance so we ended up with a cage for the fork lift, I kept the step ladder at home so I could stack the £50 notes a bit higher, cheers Buzzer :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

One from 2013.

Bewick:

Buzzer:

I’ll second that vote Bewick…
Always a clean fleet.
We were encouraged to get the trucks washed when away and put in the bill, plus provided with the necessary to keep the cabs up together…

in the glory days of 25 plus trucks it wasn’t unusual to see half a dozen of JD’s in the queue in Cherbourg shipping in… Mats out and polish on the go.
Always Horry the youngest son back in the yard washing your rig yet again with a smile and a joke and many a time you’d find JD in the yard late at night when you shipped in… He’d diesel you up and tell you to get a coffee.
Gill in the background doing the books… always there to steady the ship and ■■■■■■ the young’n ( back then ) …
A well run family owned firm and one of the few left still going over the water …

Ok. There you are Buzzer. Please make the cheque payable in euros to Baldrick PLC :slight_smile:
Can’t make your Birthday…flights too dear at short notice. Will raise a glass to you though and give my regards to all…
Above all , Gel on Shag :slight_smile:

A Professional outfit with a capital P. Only the best survive as you know Deniis!

First thanks Balders for your kind words about DIT and I did get your PM thanks.

On another note as we all know we converse with each other on all these threads on TNUK but we seldom meet with the fellows we have the craic with well today was different as “sheepman” Bob from just South of Edinburgh was down South this week attending his Grand daughters passing out parade very close to where I live and we arranged a meet up at mine and spent several hours chatting over tea and then a short tour to view some of the steers. Nice to put a face to the name as I have already had near misses with Wrighty & Punch Dan and sure we will get there one day with those meetups, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
First thanks Balders for your kind words about DIT and I did get your PM thanks.

On another note as we all know we converse with each other on all these threads on TNUK but we seldom meet with the fellows we have the craic with well today was different as “sheepman” Bob from just South of Edinburgh was down South this week attending his Grand daughters passing out parade very close to where I live and we arranged a meet up at mine and spent several hours chatting over tea and then a short tour to view some of the steers. Nice to put a face to the name as I have already had near misses with Wrighty & Punch Dan and sure we will get there one day with those meetups, cheers Buzzer.

Who’s the ugly ■■■■ on the right ? Anon 1.

Baldrick1953:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

I’ll second that vote Bewick…
Always a clean fleet.
We were encouraged to get the trucks washed when away and put in the bill, plus provided with the necessary to keep the cabs up together…

in the glory days of 25 plus trucks it wasn’t unusual to see half a dozen of JD’s in the queue in Cherbourg shipping in… Mats out and polish on the go.
Always Horry the youngest son back in the yard washing your rig yet again with a smile and a joke and many a time you’d find JD in the yard late at night when you shipped in… He’d diesel you up and tell you to get a coffee.
Gill in the background doing the books… always there to steady the ship and ■■■■■■ the young’n ( back then ) …
A well run family owned firm and one of the few left still going over the water …

Ok. There you are Buzzer. Please make the cheque payable in euros to Baldrick PLC :slight_smile:
Can’t make your Birthday…flights too dear at short notice. Will raise a glass to you though and give my regards to all…
Above all , Gel on Shag :slight_smile:

A Professional outfit with a capital P. Only the best survive as you know Deniis!

Where’s my cheque Balders?, but on second thoughts can I have mine in a cash in a brown envelope please as I am still paying plenty of tax and it’s a long while since I had access to the “Black economy” !!! Cheers Deniis ( have I spelt me name correctly ? ) :wink:

The cheque is in the post…

To keep with the agricultural theme.

I reckon this Dodge may suffer traction problems,alot of weight on the back end. :unamused:

buzzer 741.PNG

Thanks for the pic Dean, this is “snapper” on Vino collecto he still cant post on here, Buzzer