Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Bewick:
Question Buzzer, What make of axles are the new vans on and which make of Fridge are they using. When we supplied traction to Ross Youngs their vans were all Lamberet boxes on Overlander chassis and Thermo King fridges. Got to say your outfits are very smart and well turned out, a credit to your two Lads ! How long will the new vans be in service ? Cheers Dennis.

Dennis they are BPW axle’s same as the ones that are going and the frigo’s are Carrier vector 1950’s which is there latest model according to my nipper. The ones leaving are ten years old but we do minor refurb’s during there lives to keep them looking the part, very important when carrying foodstuffs & pharma products for sure, cheers Buzzer

Little Jolly out to France & Belgium this week.Parked on doorstep ready for early tip on Monday morning.
7D0733A1-7335-43D6-A15A-A247CCF7565F.jpeg

A little hold up by protesters on Belgian border them Froggies not happy bunnies at moment just burning tyres & made a chicane to slow you down?

After that 2 deliveries done in Belgium no problems or hold ups lol
922FF150-DFE8-4C72-9CBD-59DADDA208CE.jpeg

Re load Belgium back for Blighty
311147AE-2EA4-45A0-A611-713B3B113F50.jpeg

Found myself down in Lenham yesterday nice friendly people makes a change these days!!
8FF8DF3C-8E34-46C9-B563-FE3FEB7443E2.jpeg

On a farm nr Billericay very similar to the vineyards of France lol
42F38E7A-314D-429A-9BA7-1CB4ED9AAF86.jpeg
576DCFAB-5B33-47B7-9CC2-6639B077C9FD.jpeg

And here we are with the can do attitude of the Brits so typical of today’s transport industry?Your too early to load!No you can’t drop trl!! No you can’t wait/park here you must leave site & come back later!!
So here we are sat outside waiting!Dont they know I’ve got a new trl waiting for me back at Tracy Island!!
Oh well job n knock tomorrow & home for the wknd truck in for service as well.Back Monday, All fresh faced for the big crimbo push & new trl watch this space lol

Cheers Andrew

Good morning John,
New trailers looking good and positioning the spare wheels mid ships sound, also discourages stow aways being in front of the bogies.
Q: how easy will it be to remove the stars ■■? Harvey

Evening Buzzer

Another busy week up ere and now home for a weekend of rest and farming, well more farming but we will see how it goes. The new trailers look well especially with the alloys , a very tidy fleet and a credit to your lads. Keep up the photo’s Andrew enjoy your pics from throughout Euroland and we will catch up for that brew sometime…

Cheers wrighty.

WP_20181122_007.jpg

WP_20181120_003.jpg

WP_20181119_003.jpg

Hi yall! Stumble on this one on the wed. Not my pic but here gose :smiley:

Danne

Dirty Dan:

Danne

Hi Danne now that is a blast from the past about 35 years ago in fact, LHD F12 ex Cave Wood. Bought it was five years old as a 4 x 2 unit and added a Granning axle as the weights went up to 38 tons and there were not a lot of tri axle units about, this led to a lot of this type of conversion and we also had an F89 done with also a Granning lift axle.
The container on the back was full of Renault car parts, we did a lot of these out of Portsmouth docks back then firstly to Reading then they had a new distribution depot built in Swindon, cheers Buzzer.

Thank God for Countryfile , I now know what a Tup is.

Buzzer:

Dirty Dan:

Danne

Hi Danne now that is a blast from the past about 35 years ago in fact, LHD F12 ex Cave Wood. Bought it was five years old as a 4 x 2 unit and added a Granning axle as the weights went up to 38 tons and there were not a lot of tri axle units about, this led to a lot of this type of conversion and we also had an F89 done with also a Granning lift axle.
The container on the back was full of Renault car parts, we did a lot of these out of Portsmouth docks back then firstly to Reading then they had a new distribution depot built in Swindon, cheers Buzzer.

Thanks for the info buzzer! Always nice to get some info to the pics. And its sure to got the looks with the tag dosnt :slight_smile:

Danne

Chipodopulus got his new trailer DIT 04 and don’t she look smart, bet them wheel wont stay shiny for long just be careful you aint the first to hit one mate, Buzzer

Very smart, any chance of a inside photo of the air trunking ,fridge ,floor, lights etc running gear ,side boxes ,just to remind me of what I used to drag around…please .dbp

Hi Buzzer, no wimps on this farm, Channel 5 last night, catch up here if you missed it channel5.com/show/our-yorkshire-farm/
wrighty might know the family.
Oily

Buzzer,

Come April next year,will you be removing the “eu” stars from your trailers? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

David

oiltreader:
Hi Buzzer, no wimps on this farm, Channel 5 last night, catch up here if you missed it channel5.com/show/our-yorkshire-farm/
wrighty might know the family.
Oily

I was going to ask the same question. they’ve been popping up on tv on different progammes for a few year’s .
i really admire their can do attitude. and all their kid’s are a credit to them.

5thwheel:
Buzzer,

Come April next year,will you be removing the “eu” stars from your trailers? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

David

David i was in Tracy Island today and i counted those stars on one of the new trailers and there were twelve so not really significant to the number of EU member states having said that we have ten drivers and my two lads running the outfit so i reckon we can alot each one a star, some of the drivers think they are already anyway, Buzzer

PS Oily I watched that farm program, definitely not an easy life in the winter bat they were all hands on and she was a good looking sort as well.