Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Correctional pictures, don’t believe you still got that T shirt Paul Who.

Wrighty you are a busy man hard to believe you got at the haylage before me, heifers look grand mate too, cheers Buzzer

Busy last couple of days refitting a 12ft gate where a 10ft one was on an angle making it tight going in and out of the park, we also hung it so it swings out which is far better. Had the gate from the Council ground and one of the posts but a new hanger, had the rails in stock plus the fittings. Just one more trailer load of type one recycled and a good rammer and we are done, cheers Buzzer.

Photo1033.jpg

Checking steers in the park today and they look fine, dentist this afternoon and not looking forward to that, Buzzer.

PS after dentist went to check the other steers.

Evening Buzzer

Busy up ere big bailing finished off today at our land down the dale, but we can’t start at home until the 7th of July because of the stewardship scheme were in. Wet weather is forecast tomorrow so that should help the second crop to get growing, speaking of weather has anyone heard owt of Baldrick he doesn’t seem to have been on ere for a while…?
Been a busy week ont work front taking machines into the cereals event near Duxford and then loaded it up again last night and ran home today, taking it up to the Highland show on Monday morning and then we will see whats to do…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180614_008.jpg

WP_20180614_001.jpg

WP_20180611_016.jpg

WP_20180611_002.jpg

Your well in front of me with the haylage Steve, or should I say Steve Wright in the afternoon aha now you may be wondering how I found out your first name well it was your Boss Mr Parker as I rang him this week about moving a tractor from Chester to Southampton for a mate of mine but in the end he got his old DAF out and got a driver to do it but made contact with Colin just in case I need ought in the future.
Hoping to cut my grass tomorrow and Monday as I have to time it to availability of the contractor to row up, bale & wrap which is scheduled for Thursday fingers crossed and the weather looks set fair all week too, pictures to follow hopefully and a trip to Salisbury as I need four more steers to get to my target of 40 head, cheers Buzzer.

Afternoon Buzzer

Sat having a relax after a roast dinner aye you can’t beat it eh fed the cattle and sheep today and that’s about it, had a full day yesterday spreading muck on the land we have just cut so all that has to do now is grow for a second cut.
Have you mown yet…? didn’t think us hill men would have beaten you to it but to be fair the weather has been kind to us this summer, so far so good and long may it continue. As they say up ere “lets hope it stays like this till Christmas then teks up”.
Off up to the Highland show in the morning, tip and then a couple of loads of tractors from a local dealer back into the show so that should keep us busy.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180616_021.jpg

WP_20180616_017.jpg

WP_20180616_011.jpg

Evening JD
This was sent to me to-day and I just know you will like it, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Harvey

Roger Limburn a driver with us for 25 years on his way to Zagreb just having a teabreak, cheers Buzzer

35543457_1808431019247279_7600372821331542016_o (2).jpg

Way hey ! just dug a couple of roots of spuds and they only been in 7 weeks and look what I found, looking forward to tea tomorrow already, Buzzer.

Hi John,

Hope you and the Boss are well,these two were cutting the field next to ours yesterday.

Regards
Richard

DSC_1181.jpg

Richard trust you and your good lady are well, made a start me self today had the mower on for a week but cut 14 acres today, weather looks set fair and I have geed up the baler/wrapper contractor for Sat/Sun then all we got to do is get them in and stack.
Wrighty have to take second place this year on the haylage stakes and you are right about Baldrick, think he must be on holiday as the sun is forecast for a week down here noy so sure about up your end, Cheers Buzzer.

Photo1040.jpg

Photo1039.jpg

Wrighty was that you today going past tibshelf services ?

Up here in the ‘frozen wastes’ of the north, we have had a phenomenal early summer. Even better, if I may risk such a statement, than the south. My daughter lives in Bicester and she has had overcast and stormy days where we have had continuous sunshine. 7 weeks, up to a couple of days ago, with no more than a cupful of rain. It appears that we are still in line for good weather.

Back in 1970/71 I remember the summers as patchier. But the south coast always seemed to be sunny. You will remember better than me Buzzer.

I was running 2 40’ vans behind Mastiffs. I drove one, my brother drove the other. We often loaded Bowater Scott to East Kilbride. I would load camping equipment in gloomy Glasgow from ‘Sulver Roodwees’ ( or that’s how it sounded to me, if I could find a working phone - you then held the door open to avoid the ammoniacal smell of relieved Glaswegians) for maybe 10 drops along the south coast. The weather always seemed to be glorious for drops from East Sussex to Axminster. Return loads north were from Sweetheart plastics in Gosport (I could never believe that so many plastic cups could ever be used! Those were the days you could wander round the factories) or Ryvita at Poole. Loved either - 5 - 10 tons on a 40’.

Hope the sun is still shining down there!

Happy days,

John.

Punchy Dan:
Wrighty was that you today going past tibshelf services ?

Yes it was Dan on my way up to Dalton to load, must have been on autopilot will keep my eyes open in the future… :unamused:

Buzzer our tractor and mower is parked in front of the house, Alice says my first job is mowing when I get home tomorrow night.

Cheers Wrighty.

A bit of a Q on Croatian/Slovenian border
4AA315E2-A728-4B57-9CE5-E7E76298C61B.jpeg
6E41C9D3-65A0-491B-98D2-8EA9EA774D5B.jpeg
64D163AD-4BA5-40EE-8430-C39CD361B1B8.jpeg

Loading fresh pasta in Italy coming to a Tesco’s nr you (probably been eaten by now lol)
DD055FE0-ADD7-4C73-8EBF-97651C861520.jpeg

Italy heading towards the Brenner last descent coffee for a while lol lovely rd with no overtaking & stupid speed limits!! But the views good??
9818EEEC-C519-499B-A357-661971F1FD67.jpeg
F6CEE2F1-65BB-4554-B3E5-8B753AA6EDEE.jpeg

Brenner pass!!
3AADD515-91AA-4E57-9F23-E079FFF65F49.jpeg

Another rainy day in Germany??
EAD3D685-30B7-4337-A051-F0503D102C5F.jpeg

The lengths some people go to just to get their name in lights lol