Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

image.jpegjust heard if I grow a turnip I could buy a new tractor so here goes … :laughing:

image.jpeg
image.jpegthe little turnip grew and I bought 2 tractors :smiley:

Did someone mention New Milton lol
C01DD516-DA8F-4D65-A62E-66F8B45E6161.jpeg

A busy morning in Tracy Island
69B48990-32A3-4424-9CF2-DE01392B844C.jpeg
307F70F6-4614-47B2-A16B-988AD77D27C2.jpeg

Parked up minding my own business & look what/who turns up Gary & R22
13566359-75BA-4378-893D-99C626AB329B.jpeg

Sorry to hear of your trouble with the cow Wrighty but what a calf, bet you would rather a bit smaller one and not have the hassle with the cow but that’s farming for you, had my fert put on week ago Saturday and after the rain it is beginning to take off but a cold wind today wont help, looking better at the end of the week and a long awaited bit of sun.
Ordered some wormer to do the first batch of steers to go out this week and off to Salisbury tomorrow on the lookout for more stock.
Just took the dog for a walk in the grass and waiting for a contractor to spray the docks and thistles, pictures to show Wrighty how we are as usually we are a tad in front of up North but sounds like he is cracking on too, cheers Buzzer.

PS. Nice to see Dan making a contribution on this thread as well, thanks for your input.

Photo0998.jpg

Photo0999.jpg

A couple of yours Buzzer, southbound A1(M).
Oily

Davies Richard Aug 2017 26899638918_f811f4f3da_k. rs jpg.jpg

Davies Richard 39507842912_ff8cdd6301 rs _k.jpg

Thanks for the pics Oily, well Salisbury yesterday and secured 6 more Simmental steers but paid dear for them but they averaged out with the rest its just what you have to do sometimes. Today after the rain stopped at midday we sorted out 14 of the biggest steers and ran them through the crush to worm them then we took them down to the summer grazing and let them rip and they did, a wonderful site to witness after they have been in the barn for 8 long months. Just been down to check them and they are fine at least they had 4 hours or so of daylight to find the boundry’s and settle which is wise when first released, just ten in the barn now but need a few more so still on the hunt, cheers Buzzer.

image.jpega slurry sprayer Buzzer :smiley:

image.jpeg

image.jpegand a dead digger for wrighty :laughing:

Morning John,
A couple of pics not far from your manor,Winchester by pass, it looks like the old railway bridge has been infilled? There was not much room for those transporters carrying the Transit vans when passing under that bridge. The photo states it was opened in 1933, got to be one of the earliest by passes?

Punchy Dan:
a slurry sprayer Buzzer :smiley:

Here’s mine Dan 3500 gallon with 10 metre dribble bar…

WP_20180501_020.jpg

Not just sure if I’d fit that on :open_mouth:

image.jpega bit top heavy

image.jpegbuzzer no seeds here so planted a bird in the greenhouse .

Dan I bet that old chook loves that dust bath in the greenhouse, mine undermine the fence line with loads of hollows all along it. That’s a pretty versatile bit of kit you got there, hook loader and crane very useful.
Today I let the last ten steers out the barn into the paddock as it was nice and sunny and they liked that, the chicken roam it normally but the grass has got a bit long and last week I had a suspected fox attack so I set my cage trap, we had a chicken which was poorly so used that for bate, been there now for six days and nothing but looked tonight and there is evidence as there are some wing feathers pulled through the end of the cage and some scratching of dirt and the trap was tripped so reset it and fingers crossed we will catch the devil, that’s all for today sept for the pics, cheers Buzzer.

Photo1005.jpg

Buzzer:
Dan I bet that old chook loves that dust bath in the greenhouse, mine undermine the fence line with loads of hollows all along it. That’s a pretty versatile bit of kit you got there, hook loader and crane very useful.
Today I let the last ten steers out the barn into the paddock as it was nice and sunny and they liked that, the chicken roam it normally but the grass has got a bit long and last week I had a suspected fox attack so I set my cage trap, we had a chicken which was poorly so used that for bate, been there now for six days and nothing but looked tonight and there is evidence as there are some wing feathers pulled through the end of the cage and some scratching of dirt and the trap was tripped so reset it and fingers crossed we will catch the devil, that’s all for today sept for the pics, cheers Buzzer.

Good morning John,
I was begining to think Weasel untill i saw your pic, recon the fox must be as laid back as Woody with that half hearted attempt.
For the start of the year the steers look good. Up here they are coming out bit by bit as the grass is still slow and very wet, Harvey

Ah a nice bit of spring sunshine that should get the grass growing and dry the ground some what, had a little local contractor in today to spray 7 acres of grass for docks and thistle’s, wanted to do it last year but it got too wet but today ideal conditions, sunny and no wind so we will see if my investment works or not.
Harvey them steers go out int morning and by late afternoon I just open the gate and they all troop back in the barn, led down chewing the cud now so look real contented, been on the ride on mower today as well as the grass is growing fast and had a good day selling eggs 15 doz so far so we may be able to afford a joint for Sunday roast, Buzzer.

Just done the evening field inspection as you do just to check all ok, took the dog with me so that’s what the steers are staring at and they gave a little chase but “Woody” too nimble for them and after he’s been there a few times they wont take any notice, sun still shining and the mozzies were there in force, cheers Buzzer.