Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Fergie47:

MaggieD:
. By the way both Buzzer and I sleep with Grannies so join the club !!

Regards
Richard

WOW…just…WOW…you’re either very brave, or very very silly…of course, I won’t dob you in
Q.C. Evans…for a price…I know it’s blackmail, but at my age, who cares…there is also a spare room here for you when Angie finds out…again, for a price, of course…its all down to the pound against the euro you see…I’m also looking through old negatives of a few “old friends” to subsidise my pension, times are tough…now, where did I put her email address. …

David thanks for the offer of the spare room very thoughtful of you,I have been checking some old cases which have been dropped due to lack of evidence and have found a photo of a chap in a flashing mac loitering outside a hairdressing salon in Wickham square waiting for a young lady to finish work so he can follow her home !! it’s either you or Mappo as there is a Guy Big J ticking over in the background, I shall see if the CPS will reopen the case.

Regards
Richard

Evening Buzzer

Well it’s been another busy week up ere no farming today as we had to attend a CPC course, seven hours of our lives we won’t get back…! Typical of our country implementing a qualification which isn’t worth the bit of plastic you get at the end of it.
We have managed to sell three of our Jack Russell pups, with just two dogs left hopefully we will find home’s for them shortly. Glad to see the legs on the mend, a better job than having to have skin grafts eh.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180112_007.jpg

WP_20180112_001.jpg

WP_20180112_010.jpg

WP_20180109_006.jpg

WP_20180107_004.jpg

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Well it’s been another busy week up ere no farming today as we had to attend a CPC course, seven hours of our lives we won’t get back…! Typical of our country implementing a qualification which isn’t worth the bit of plastic you get at the end of it.
We have managed to sell three of our Jack Russell pups, with just two dogs left hopefully we will find home’s for them shortly. Glad to see the legs on the mend, a better job than having to have skin grafts eh.

Cheers Wrighty.

Hi Mate, you must know the ups and downs on the road ahead, great pic’s.
Ref CPC, I wonder how many of the general public know that of the 5 subjects to be covered to get the CPC you can, get the CPC and top it up each year all on ONE subject only, need not include the other 4.
Now, if that does not stink of Money grabbing, Government get £35 a go, deep breaths… calm down, Harvey

HRS:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Ref CPC, I wonder how many of the general public know that of the 5 subjects to be covered to get the CPC you can, get the CPC and top it up each year all on ONE subject only, need not include the other 4.
Now, if that does not stink of Money grabbing, Government get £35 a go, deep breaths… calm down, Harvey

Morning Harvey

Yes as far as I can see it’s just another tax for the driver to stump up, being able to sit through the same course five times and then be told you are qualified to do the job you have been doing for 25yrs is a joke.
They should have introduced a CPC for politicians they could’nt even claim expenses without robbing us tax payers, as the saying goes they could’nt lig straight in bed…

Cheers Wrighty.

wrighty:

HRS:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Morning Harvey

Yes as far as I can see it’s just another tax for the driver to stump up, being able to sit through the same course five times and then be told you are qualified to do the job you have been doing for 25yrs is a joke.
They should have introduced a CPC for politicians they could’nt even claim expenses without robbing us tax payers, as the saying goes they could’nt lig straight in bed…

Cheers Wrighty.

OK, Just one more then Nursey says I must rest, for the last 6 years I have to have a medical each year to renew my licience, it has cost £50, next Tuesday my medical will be £108, same doctor, :smiling_imp:
£90 + VAT have decieded to hang up the boots end of this year, Harvey

HRS:
OK, Just one more then Nursey says I must rest, for the last 6 years I have to have a medical each year to renew my licience, it has cost £50, next Tuesday my medical will be £108, same doctor, :smiling_imp:

Reminds me…my first ever HGV medical, I went to the local doctor who brought me in to the world…

After an “examination” I asked him how much…he said, “nothing, I spend all my time writing out chits for people who can’t and don’t want to work, I’m not charging a man who needs one to go to work”

How times have changed, I saved £4 if I remember right… :wink:

HRS:

Call me an old cynic, but I find it odd how the same people who refuse to be the money collectors for the NHS are happy to be the money collectors for the GP.

John.

Took the Boss out to luncheon today on the beach, well beside it as it were to peaky to sit outside today, took our own home cooked ham rolls and bought two steaming mugs of tea and a small portion of chips to accompany our rolls and jolly nice it was too. Loads of people out walking but well wrapped up. That little brick building aptly named “The Shack” is a veritable gold mine and I reckon she takes a fair old wad there on a good day but very reasonable prices as our tea & chips came to £2.80 so one cant complain at that. Dropped of the Boss on’t way home to walk the dog as there were too many other canines on the beach walk, home now just got to oil the spuds and parsnips ready to go into the oven with the Brisket for dinner later on, cheers Buzzer.

Hi mate,
Talking to you on two sites to-day.
Im’e taking you back to your Devon/Cornwall days. Did you ever come across a Bill Tucker, had a farm down East-Allington way, my wife and I spent some very enjoyable weekends with him and his wife Liz.
His younger brother was Robin who also had a farm at West Prawle and the elder brother had the ERF truck business in Exeter. The soil was red, great spuds and cabbage, Harvey

Ok, so you dont want to talk to me then, Ok !! I know my place, :cry: Harvey

As seen on my travels today at Cadnam tidy Scania of G,Farwell picking up a timber forwarder but don’t know what make, Buzzer

Photo0943 (2).jpg

Buzzer:
Took the Boss out to luncheon today on the beach, well beside it as it were to peaky to sit outside today, took our own home cooked ham rolls and bought two steaming mugs of tea and a small portion of chips to accompany our rolls and jolly nice it was too. Loads of people out walking but well wrapped up. That little brick building aptly named “The Shack” is a veritable gold mine and I reckon she takes a fair old wad there on a good day but very reasonable prices as our tea & chips came to £2.80 so one cant complain at that. Dropped of the Boss on’t way home to walk the dog as there were too many other canines on the beach walk, home now just got to oil the spuds and parsnips ready to go into the oven with the Brisket for dinner later on, cheers Buzzer.

Is that the bonnet of your Moggy 1000 sticking out there Buzzer ? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Is that the bonnet of your Moggy 1000 sticking out there Buzzer ? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dennis that was a G reg about 1969 and as clean as a whistle, my Auntie had a split screen one 850cc brand new early 50’s, I was sitting in the Bosses Pugget waiting patiently for my brew and it took a while as that little shack café is very busy, Buzzer.

Had the pleasure of bumping into Ian Lawson today at MC Truck & Bus at Nursling Southampton and I bet there are a few on here can remember when Ian had it new, this one owner/driver truck has covered an amazing 4.6 million miles in his ownership. Sitting in it as I was invited to do today certainly brought back memories of the good old days, Ian is a non smoker and this truck is immaculate still earning its corn working for the MOD, it still goes as far as Norway as part of its work. The original Volvo passport is in its holder in the door. Ian who is 82 and has no need for glasses to drive said the truck will be up for sale soon as the yard where he parks up has been sold, a chance for someone to own a pretty special truck, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:

R u still queuing for tea at the beach, the cattle need feeding the shed needs cleaning, the everyday life of the farm needs updating…
Where are you Buzzer… ?

Regards
Me

OldishJoda:

Buzzer:

R u still queuing for tea at the beach, the cattle need feeding the shed needs cleaning, the everyday life of the farm needs updating…
Where are you Buzzer… ?

Regards
Me

Sorry mate I have been distracted slightly on the Soton thread, Must try harder and concentrate which is something that always appeared on my school reports. Yesterday we moved the older steers up to the homestead as we seem to be having almost constant wet weather at the moment and its got really messy outside. They had to come up next week anyways for the annual TB test. Got five of us together and blocked off all escape routes and ran them up the road, it all went so well and quickly I forgot to get a picture of the steer run of old Pamplona, sorry I meant Bursledon, even the traffic was not too bad as usually when you do summit like that the whole world wants to leave the village.
Got to litter all up tomorrow so wikk try and remember to get some pictures, cheers Buzzer.

Wow, think Ian’s Volvo should have a place in the museum in Goteborg when he finally parks her up, not many with that mileage on the clock. If only they made them like that now eh?

What a crap day well week, this rain just don’t stop just pleased that all the steers are on concrete now although it does entail more work. When I got the big steers in from the park on Wednesday they were put in the small lean too but today we cleaned all the yard up and littered them up and put new haylage in and changed them round so the bigguns are in the big barn and the littlelins are in the lean too, hopefully they wont make as much mess a cleanup required every day. One more week to go and we do the TB test then when that’s done they can go to market.
Trust you are coping Wrighty bin watching the weather and suspect you have had some of the white stuff which always makes a mess in’t end, cheers Buzzer.

Afternoon Buzzer

Well what a bloody miserable day again snowing and blowing, sheep fed and now back in front of the fire awaiting a roast pork dinner.
Two Jack Russell pups still for sale if anyone’s interested, they have they’re eyes open now so they are wandering around the house causing mayhem…!
Loaded out of Lamma on Thursday night as it was cancelled due to the high winds, two self propelled sprayers one to Selby then the other one to Hexham then over to Carlisle to load concrete panels for west London on Monday morning, aye it’s all go.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180120_002.jpg

WP_20180116_001.jpg

WP_20180115_009.jpg

WP_20180115_001.jpg

Well here I am just got up to make a COT & its only 4.30 as I was tossing and turning in bed, I do this quite often when I cant get back to sleep then I think back to when it was common to be up at this hour ready to hit the road and nearing the tipping point and watching all the lights going on in houses as I past with other folk getting up ready for work at eight o clock and I had already done three or four hours but that’s how it was for many of us.
Yesterday was a brief rest bite from the almost constant wet weather so went and got some straw, I hate it when the straps get wet and then they stink in the cab of me pickup, it takes me back to wet rope in the cab of a truck but not much roping and sheeting nowadays but I enjoyed making a good job back in the day something satisfying about that even though it was hard work, cheers Buzzer.

26814820_1649275631797969_936935169885757185_n (4).jpg

Buzzer:
Had the pleasure of bumping into Ian Lawson today at MC Truck & Bus at Nursling Southampton and I bet there are a few on here can remember when Ian had it new, this one owner/driver truck has covered an amazing 4.6 million miles in his ownership. Sitting in it as I was invited to do today certainly brought back memories of the good old days, Ian is a non smoker and this truck is immaculate still earning its corn working for the MOD, it still goes as far as Norway as part of its work. The original Volvo passport is in its holder in the door. Ian who is 82 and has no need for glasses to drive said the truck will be up for sale soon as the yard where he parks up has been sold, a chance for someone to own a pretty special truck, cheers Buzzer.

The F12 looks in mint condition considering its age. The cab looks immaculate,and i cant see any
sign of rust. I wonder how many engine rebuilds and cab resprays its had to still look that good. A credit
to Ian Lawson and i would imagine there will be a que of people looking to buy that motor when he does
sell it.

Nice to see the cows back Buzzer ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink: