Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Germany today
IMG_0650.JPG

A bridge too far maybe but at least there is light at ze end of ze tunnel (sorry)
IMG_0690.JPG

And here we are all tucked up in bed

Na night Zzzzzzzz

Buzzer:
Had this little old quad for a while now with the intention of using it to carry a bit of cake down to the cattle but cant believe how hard it is proving to get it Ag registered but today I finally got some light at the end of the tunnel. Got in touch with Yamaha UK and a very helpful woman has given me hope, I had to send a picture of the machine and of the chassis number and pay fourty qwid to get a letter to prove the year of manufacture and that the full import tax was paid on entry to the country. Just cant let some little busy body in Swansea stopping me in my quest to get it legally on the road, we shall see if it works second time of trying.
Off to Frome again tomorrow as they have a suckler sale and a lot of the calves will be sold of separately so hoping to bag a few, cheers Buzzer.

Nothing surprises me anymore in this contry of ours,so much red tape and bull ■■■■ everywhere ! Talking
of the good old DVLA, i bought another car earlier this year so sent the log book off telling them i had
sold the old one. Within about 10 days had a reply letter confirming that they had updated there files,
like you normally get. About 2 month’s later got the tax reminder in the post for the old car !! That
went straight in the bin !! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Dean now we don’t have to display a tax disc it does make me wonder just how many are dodging paying now, too many cars to check everyone so a good amount will get away with it, perhaps we should just put it on the fuel then the government would be sure to get there Wonga from all not just the honest one’s.
After my visit yesterday to Frome I did manage to buy three Lim X steers straight of the cow when they got separated sale day and the sods have not stopped hollering since, they will in the end after about three days the penny drops. Off there again tomorrow to try and get some more and you never know if you will be successful or not, we shall see, Buzzer.

Photo0869.jpg

Photo0868.jpg

Buzzer:
Dean now we don’t have to display a tax disc it does make me wonder just how many are dodging paying now, too many cars to check everyone so a good amount will get away with it, perhaps we should just put it on the fuel then the government would be sure to get there Wonga from all not just the honest one’s.
After my visit yesterday to Frome I did manage to buy three Lim X steers straight of the cow when they got separated sale day and the sods have not stopped hollering since, they will in the end after about three days the penny drops. Off there again tomorrow to try and get some more and you never know if you will be successful or not, we shall see, Buzzer.

Don’t you think the reason they are “balling” so much Buzzer is because they look like they have died and gone to heaven in that nice spacious running in shed ! I reckon you could kip on that straw yourself mate ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Re the tax thing, I read somewhere that they are losing more revenue through non payment than they are saving. The old system worked fine and you didn’t need any electronic bs to see whether the vehicle was taxed or not.

Reminds me of the old army joke…

Sarn’t Major!

Yes Sir!

Are the men happy?

Yes Sir!

Well bugger them about a bit then!

Buzzer:

How old roughly are those steers Buzzer ■■ How long will you keep them chap before flogging them on
again. They look nice animals.

Dean they are all between 7 & 12 months old and I usually run them on for a year and get a new lot and go again, February is a really the best time to sell as every one goes mad when they see the first grass shoots, never understood that. The older ones I was going to out next month but today I have just ben offered 15 acres of grass on my doorstep so having a look tomorrow and if we agree terms I may keep then on a bit longer we shall see.

Evening Buzzer

Well there’s only two words to describe Wensleydale today “bloody wet” the only consolation being that it can’t get any wetter. Been a busy week up ere selling tups on Wednesday at Middleton in Teesdale, got first prize in the small breeders class so very happy although a bit disapointed with the sale price of £300.
Still busy getting the rest of the tups ready for the sales at Hawes on the 25th and 26th of October, in among getting the cows inside as there’s not much feed value in the grass outside now. Well it must be time for a pint not sure we’ve earned it but still…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20171014_006.jpg

WP_20171014_001.jpg

Buzzer:
Dean they are all between 7 & 12 months old and I usually run them on for a year and get a new lot and go again, February is a really the best time to sell as every one goes mad when they see the first grass shoots, never understood that. The older ones I was going to out next month but today I have just ben offered 15 acres of grass on my doorstep so having a look tomorrow and if we agree terms I may keep then on a bit longer we shall see.

Thanks Buzzer, they are looking good ! :wink:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Well there’s only two words to describe Wensleydale today “bloody wet” the only consolation being that it can’t get any wetter. Been a busy week up ere selling tups on Wednesday at Middleton in Teesdale, got first prize in the small breeders class so very happy although a bit disapointed with the sale price of £300.
Still busy getting the rest of the tups ready for the sales at Hawes on the 25th and 26th of October, in among getting the cows inside as there’s not much feed value in the grass outside now. Well it must be time for a pint not sure we’ve earned it but still…

Cheers Wrighty.

That Ram looked good “wrighty” ! Never had anything to do with rams although i worked a fair bit on farms when i was
a nipper. Do you have to be careful around them or are they pretty chilled ■■

Andrew Morrison:
Funny where we find ourselves sometimes lol0

I bet that was an interesting return!!

Good to see you back in the Blue and White and looking forward to lots more photos please… :slight_smile:

DEANB:

Buzzer:

Thanks Buzzer, they are looking good ! :wink:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

That Ram looked good “wrighty” ! Never had anything to do with rams although i worked a fair bit on farms when i was

Evening DEANB

On the whole they are fairly quiet and very rarely attack you, they sometimes can give you a knock if you have a bag of feed with you but that’s about it.
Parked up tonight in Insch loading a plough in the morning then heading back down to Lawrencekirk for a drill, delivered an unusual tractor today as it was painted pink and has been used to raise money for breast cancer awareness dropped it at a dealer near Forres for an open day there having.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20171017_003.jpg

WP_20171017_001.jpg

[/quote]
Evening DEANB

On the whole they are fairly quiet and very rarely attack you, they sometimes can give you a knock if you have a bag of feed with you but that’s about it.
Parked up tonight in Insch loading a plough in the morning then heading back down to Lawrencekirk for a drill, delivered an unusual tractor today as it was painted pink and has been used to raise money for breast cancer awareness dropped it at a dealer near Forres for an open day there having.

Cheers Wrighty.
[/quote]
Thanks for the reply Wrighty, as Buzzer has said before you get about on that job ! I would imagine your
biggest problem is how long its takes to travel short distances in the highlands due to the roads going round
the mountain and lochs ! :wink:

Busy week this has been had our local do it all fella in, clean the barn roof’s of first so the rain water runs free, gets a lot of debris on it due to the oak trees near to it. Then the garden got its annual trim and brush up just waiting for all the ■■■■ leaves to fall now so that will be several clear ups but they go under the cattle in the barn. After that I sent him to do a bit of remedial agricultural fencing on a new bit of grass land I have just got permission to graze, 15 acres right on me doorstep but its under Natural England stewardship which to me is all wrong but hey ho you don’t look a gift horse in the mouth, rent well that’s half a pig for his freezer when I get the next batch do love a barter me and of course a few posts here and there to make it secure so we will see how it runs and go from there. Off to Frome again tomorrow and try and get some more steers, Buzzer.

Just bin out to get some more shallots for pickling as trying to keep up with Andrews scoffing them and it bucketing down out there, why is it that the public cant drive sensible in the rain, twits with no lights on as if they were taxed so best of in doors this morning doing a few more jars.
Now last night as I was going to bed there was a fly flitting about the bedroom and that made me wonder where do they all go in the Winter, do they hibernate or what. There are millions of them about in the Summer so any one know the answer ?
Took three bales to the big steers that are outside yesterday and even though its on gravel its getting a tad sticky so cant wait to move them to there new pastures but again the rain don’t help at all, Buzzer.

This should bring back a few memories Buzzer !

Looks like he had a bit of brake fade !!

DEANB:
This should bring back a few memories Buzzer !

Looks like he had a bit of brake fade !!

Trying to work out what the unit is…(?). Robert

look’slike a transcon/maybe berilet.

Personally I think it is a Scanny and looks like an aircon on the roof so could be anything but it was no joke going over the steps of Mont Cenis so needed to be well alert and never lose concentration. Been over many time in the day and at night as many of us did especially if you had dodgy permits and before any one starts there were a lot doing that back then. As for Cenis the drop away on some of those hairpins was quite drastic and remember Bakers of Southampton had a fifty foot trailer they brought escalators home from Italy on and the back under run bar would drag on the road so severe was the drop off. As for madness on there the milk tankers were nutters but most treated it with the respect it deserved as a mistake was catastrophic.
Salisbury market today and managed to secure a further six Charolais steers so the barn is filling up slowly, also ordered a new chicken house to try and keep up with demand for free range eggs and waiting on delivery and erection like most of us, Buzzer.

the-charnwood-60-5 (2).jpg