Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Buzzer:

John West:
Thanks for that Wrighty!

John

Evening all as Jack Warner used to say any one remember Dixon of Dock Green, anyways John West I was going to answer your query but Wrighty beat me too it but no worries even Tomas Shavenaker the weather bloke got a bollickin for that last week. Went to Suffolk today in me newly acquired FL14 and she drives sweet, up at four am left at quarter to five and forgot what driving any distance was all about. At the end of the day the tractor was not for me but took the truck as I did not want to go twice and if it was right I would have bought it and loaded for home. On the return journey I thought all the congestion would be gone, not so on that M25 four lanes that come to a standstill for no other reason than congestion like a flipin carpark, bloody nightmare and the standard of drivers leaves a lot to be desired. Cannot get my head round these pratt’s that drive in the third lane of a four lane motorway when there is nought on the inside two lanes and then blow there horn at you if you dare to undertake them, madness. Maybe im’e too old but when I arrived home I was done in and that’s after only nine hours so no way I could do a fifteen now. Just had a little knap and got up for me crackers & a cuppa and wont be long before I hit the mattress. Of to Salisbury market tomorrow to have a skite at the goods to see what’s on offer so onwards & upwards as they say, cheers Buzzer.

Hi Buzzer, What a great shot.
I wonder how many of us remember this area when it was packed out with lots of small streets and known as Chapel.
Over 720 crew of the RMS Titanic who lost thier lives in its sinking lived in this small area.
The old school in the background was devided in to Boys one end Girls the other and after the sinking one class of 32 had each lost someone. Hard to get your hear arround is’nt it.
Any way sorry to divert, love your thread John… Harvey

Farm implement museum Wetaskwin nr Edmonton, Canada.
Oily

Now that’s quite funny, Buzzer.

You lot did not know we had a company ship, here it is being stocked up with vittels by lead driver Chipodopulus in sunny Port-ugal, Buzzer

Buzzer:
You lot did not know we had a company ship, here it is being stocked up with vittels by lead driver Chipodopulus in sunny Port-ugal, Buzzer

Don’t be modest Buzzer we know it is your family “Yacht”, Philip Green eat your ■■■■■■■ heart out Pal :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Afternoon Buzzer

Been another busy week up ere on the machinery front and a busy weekend on the farming front as well, spent all day yesterday gathering the fell bringing the yows down for tailing and dipping ready for sorting for the tups.
Been out this morning feeding up, now back in waiting for my roast pork dinner wi all the trimmings aye what a life eh. Back in work tomorrow off down Millom wi concrete panels for a start, then after that who knows…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170930_028.jpg

WP_20170930_017.jpg

WP_20170930_023.jpg

WP_20170925_008.jpg

Evening all I’m back driving R11GEL can I put my order in for some pickles please John lol

wrighty:
Afternoon Buzzer

Been another busy week up ere on the machinery front and a busy weekend on the farming front as well, spent all day yesterday gathering the fell bringing the yows down for tailing and dipping ready for sorting for the tups.
Been out this morning feeding up, now back in waiting for my roast pork dinner wi all the trimmings aye what a life eh. Back in work tomorrow off down Millom wi concrete panels for a start, then after that who knows…

Cheers Wrighty.

simonstone hall.PNG

Small world “wrighty” i stayed at Simonstone Hall a few years ago ! You live in some stunning
country side chap ! :smiley: :wink:

DEANB:

wrighty:
Afternoon Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Small world “wrighty” i stayed at Simonstone Hall a few years ago ! You live in some stunning

You wouldn’t have said that at 5 this morning DEANB, blowing a gale and raining is there no end to this crap weather…? Going to have to bring the rest of the cows in this week, as they are starting to make a mess outside.
Sat at Carlisle loading panels writing this and yep it’s wet and windy…oh the joys!

Cheers Wrighty.

Wrighty you do have some nice scenery to look at but we all know while its very nice int Summer when Winter is fast approaching it will be a very different story, we don’t tend to get the harder weather you do up there but nice to see the pictures as it gives all viewers an insight.

Andrew welcome back at least we will get more truck pictures now on your travels. Cant believe you could smell those shallots when I was doing them last week all the way from Oxford, have a few in stock but will have to check with the boys and Trevor of course to see if you qualify for a quota or not, depends on the latest contract. They have only been done a few days so wont be ready just yet but I can eat them after about a couple of weeks, cant wait.

It’s a permanent contract again this time John,the shallots were the deal breaker lol Trev will be ok for some of his quota as he likes me!!plenty of pics to follow
Cheers Andrew

Andrew Morrison:
It’s a permanent contract again this time John,the shallots were the deal breaker lol Trev will be ok for some of his quota as he likes me!!plenty of pics to follow
Cheers Andrew

yes please to more truck/travel pictures, as nice as country file is seeing the blue and whites out and about is why I look on here. bring it on…

Happy Anniversary John and Gill!

All best wishes.

Baldrick

wrighty:

DEANB:

wrighty:
Afternoon Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

You wouldn’t have said that at 5 this morning DEANB, blowing a gale and raining is there no end to this crap weather…? Going to have to bring the rest of the cows in this week, as they are starting to make a mess outside.
Sat at Carlisle loading panels writing this and yep it’s wet and windy…oh the joys!

Cheers Wrighty.

Yes i bet it gets exciting there in the winter with the snow on the hilly roads around there !! :wink:

It won’t be long before this arrives…

spring 2013 024.jpg

Andrew Morrison:
Evening all I’m back driving R11GEL can I put my order in for some pickles please John lol10

Good to see you back with the 'Blue ‘n White’ livery, hopefully more current truck pics. I drove for a company that I returned to three times (over 12 years) but I think you beat me hands down Andrew :sunglasses:

Twas the pickled shallots that young snapper could not resist such was the draw he admitted defeat and this forced his return also he likes the Blue & Whites, he was not the only returner either as Bodge rekindled his employment today also and what with Chipodopulus returning from Canada a few weeks ago its nice to drive in the yard and know someone. How long this will last no one knows but Rodger has stayed and is into his third decade driving for us which is almost unheard of nowadays in our business, cheers Buzzer.

Dont know if this is one of your photos Buzzer,come across it on the net ! :wink:

R 1 spotted in the mother of all traffic jams (27 miles ) today in what was the forest and R22 seen going around Bordeaux on the Rocade

Dean that was in the late 70’s had two of those F88 240’s and that shot was taken at my dad’s farm where I was born, was my first operating centre and we had a diesel tank there just me and one driver back then. Them first 88’s had little tanks on so we always got top tanks made which held more than the main truck one which I think IIRC was 66 gallons. the two trucks were nick named The Incredible Hulk & Yanky Doodle Dandy, remember coming out of Italy over Mt Cenis with gas oily spewing out the lid of the top tank just slowed signalling T2 bung out 40 ■■■■ and gel on over the steps stop at the top in the cool out of the mozzies for a kip, Mary Hopkins moments them, God that fuel was cheap back then.
Any ways now “Snapper” Morison is back you should all get more truck pictures of his travels to appease the wanting fans.

kerbut nice to see we have a Davies spotter club going, cheers for that, Buzzer.

img491.jpg