Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Hi Andrew just to let you know the pictures are far to infrequent, must try harder Buzzer.

PS. The pickled shallots are done but sad to say that Trevor has got a head start as the 1st delivery is at the yard.

Buzzer:
Hi Andrew just to let you know the pictures are far to infrequent, must try harder Buzzer.

Absolutely, we need more pics of those trucks en route to, or parked up in, hot, sunny places next to the Med (beach ,pool, bag house!! :open_mouth: etc). :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t worry Bullit, and this is just between you and me, if I do a trip or two next year
after retiring, I,ll find a way of disconnecting the trackers and mobiles :open_mouth: :open_mouth: and do the job as it
used to be done…beaches, baghouses and bonfire girls. ( I wonder if they,re still about )
You,ll get yer photos then. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :unamused: :unamused:
Only joking Horry and Buzzer…Honest. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ps

No offence to you Andrew, you,re doing a great job mate.
I,m only having a larf… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mappo:
Don’t worry Bullit, and this is just between you and me, if I do a trip or two next year
after retiring, I,ll find a way of disconnecting the trackers and mobiles :open_mouth: :open_mouth: and do the job as it
used to be done…beaches, baghouses and bonfire girls. ( I wonder if they,re still about )

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mappo:

Good man, look forward to it.!! :wink:

Tony you aint bin for so long like me, last there in 1988 you would get lost for sure. The roads will all have changed and a lot of places we used to frequent gone, this I found when doing a trip down to Lands End, blow me its dual carriageway now right down into Cornwall, tried looking for the old cafe’s we used to stop in but all gone now. No going through Exeter, Oakhampton and the like, in the summer could take you an hour for each one if you caught them wrong, progress eh ! cheers Buzzer.

PS. what’s a baghouse tone ?

Mappo tell us why those girls stand round bonfires and take drivers down the embankments to their sheds. Is it something to do with Allotments?
Jim

jmc jnr:
Mappo tell us why those girls stand round bonfires and take drivers down the embankments to their sheds. Is it something to do with Allotments?
Jim

Now you mention bonfires jmc, reminds me of a little sport we used to have when the road works in Italy were marked by oil pots at night to mark the danger, we used to try and clip them with the trailer wheels and send them flying causing a fire work effect, now I cant be the only one who had a go at that can I ? Buzzer.

Believe me, Buzzer - you ain’t!

David

Buzzer…I know what you mean in that all the roads will have changed since
we last did the job, although I didn,t do my last trip for you til 1999.
As has been said numerous times now, good for journey times but no fun anymore.

Regarding those road works oil lamps Buzzer, as Dave said I reckon we all had a go at them…larf.

Jmc jnr…hi Jim, re bonfire girls, yeh that’s right mate…I used to get some great
gardening tips off ,em…as well as something that we won’t talk about. :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Good gardening, Mappo, always begins with ploughing the furrow. :blush:

David

Pete owens has put some good fotos of his truck[ptm]and some davies scanias on line,european lorry driver vlog,have a nosey :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

mappo:
Buzzer…I know what you mean in that all the roads will have changed since
we last did the job, although I didn,t do my last trip for you til 1999.
As has been said numerous times now, good for journey times but no fun anymore.

Regarding those road works oil lamps Buzzer, as Dave said I reckon we all had a go at them…larf.

Jmc jnr…hi Jim, re bonfire girls, yeh that’s right mate…I used to get some great
gardening tips off ,em…as well as something that we won’t talk about. :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Re the bonfire girls. It used to puzzle me why in the middle of summer they used to have a blazing fire. Then I realised. It was because of the skimpy clothes they wear. They need to keep warm. Poor little sweethearts. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Hi All,

Tone they were always telling you you needed your bush trimmed :blush:

Had a laugh one day Angie was driving round the back of Monza as she drove past the girls they lifted their skirts to her,their faces were a picture when they realised it wasn’t a bloke driving :laughing:

Regards
Richard

Remember going up the road to Bergamo to load at Philco there was a big layby where a fella used to sell segments of water melon next to a field of sweet corn, reckon it was either his Mrs or daughter who 30 yards in to the field down a winding path had a flattened area with an old mattress where she took clients to satisfy there needs, saw mappo there a few times his little bum going six to a dozen up and down, I only know this cos I was partial to a slice of water melon on a hot day, cheers Buzzer.

10574445_570059039765700_4454399425954769469_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Remember going up the road to Bergamo to load at Philco there was a big layby where a fella used to sell segments of water melon next to a field of sweet corn, reckon it was either his Mrs or daughter who 30 yards in to the field down a winding path had a flattened area with an old mattress where she took clients to satisfy there needs, saw mappo there a few times his little bum going six to a dozen up and down, I only know this cos I was partial to a slice of water melon on a hot day, cheers Buzzer.

John,

Thanks, every time I see a water melon I will think of mappo’s little bum,and spit the pips out :unamused:

I think that might be mappo on the bike notice the socks and sandals !!
Hope you and The Boss are ok.

Regards
Richard

Buzzer:

PS. The pickled shallots are done but sad to say that Trevor has got a head start as the 1st delivery is at the yard.

Hi John thanks for shallots very good the other night with cheese sammidge Trev left a few for me but probably all gone by time i get back to sample some more also have the chickens gone or stopped laying not seen any pickled eggs for a while :slight_smile: right where’s me pictures■■?

regards Andrew

mappo:

Ps

No offence to you Andrew, you,re doing a great job mate.
I,m only having a larf… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Tone none taken :laughing: :laughing: if you can’t av a larf whats the point? :laughing: :laughing:

better start earning me shallots then :laughing: ere we go view from mirror at the Frejus,there everywhere :smiley: