Dashcam warriors unite

nick2008:

raymundo:

manski:
“Footage has to be unedited and include the whole journey, not just the incident. Members of the public are also told not to post it on social media, or to remove it if it has already been posted.”

How do you record the whole journey if the ■■■■ in question is coming towards you ■■? …

It’s so they can see nothing went on before the event at ANY point

Coming towards you would get you just a few seconds of action nothing like the whole journey so how would that help ■■

Heisenberrg:
She could have been killed or seriously injured…

For a man who makes and distributes crystal meth, youre awfully worried about someone elses dangerous driving…

nick2008:

raymundo:

manski:
“Footage has to be unedited and include the whole journey, not just the incident. Members of the public are also told not to post it on social media, or to remove it if it has already been posted.”

How do you record the whole journey if the ■■■■ in question is coming towards you ■■? …

It’s so they can see nothing went on before the event at ANY point

I’m reminded of the trucker Jay video when he was brake checked. Two minutes before Jay brake checked them. Seeing the whole video puts a whole new light on it. Not excusing crap driving, but it does explain it.

I was driving in lane 2 after joining the M1 South at jct 19 today and an Irish truck came past me on my right. I saw him in my mirrors and actually couldn’t believe the guy was laughing as he came past. He stayed in that lane til at least jct 18 when I lost sight of him. Just wish I had a video to forward to the police!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

So apart from speeding and being in the outside lane was he doing anything else that upset you ■■

Wayfar1974:
I was driving in lane 2 after joining the M1 South at jct 19 today and an Irish truck came past me on my right. I saw him in my mirrors and actually couldn’t believe the guy was laughing as he came past. He stayed in that lane til at least jct 18 when I lost sight of him. Just wish I had a video to forward to the police!!

+1

so why didnt you poodle back off into lane 1 and stop holding him back then?..at least he didnt take your mirrors off…

Hmm probably due to the fact that I was passing Myrtll and her friends that were in their Nissan Micra doing 46mph in that lane…

Wayfar1974:

Dont know whether youre joking or not but its a perfect example of how the idea will end up becoming a waste of time. Every little slight someone feels on the road will be sent to the cops and the actual dangerous stuff will get lost under a mountain of videos of someone getting overtaken by what they feel is too close, a speeding driver doing 75 on a motorway, what they feel is someone going too fast for the conditions or any other non event that they want dealt with. It will, without doubt, turn into a sad acts charter and there will be people who spend their spare time driving around with their cam running to “catch” people.
I predict in about 18 months there will be one of those dashcam footage type programmes on ITV and they’ll interview some moron who calls himself a driving vigilante. They’ll show him getting suited up and attaching his camera to the windscreen and then he’ll narrate everyone else’s bad driving habits.
I also predict he’ll remind me of cliff richard, in that he’ll have one of those faces you’d never get tired of slapping

The-Snowman:

Wayfar1974:

Dont know whether youre joking or not but its a perfect example of how the idea will end up becoming a waste of time. Every little slight someone feels on the road will be sent to the cops and the actual dangerous stuff will get lost under a mountain of videos of someone getting overtaken by what they feel is too close, a speeding driver doing 75 on a motorway, what they feel is someone going too fast for the conditions or any other non event that they want dealt with. It will, without doubt, turn into a sad acts charter and there will be people who spend their spare time driving around with their cam running to “catch” people.
I predict in about 18 months there will be one of those dashcam footage type programmes on ITV and they’ll interview some moron who calls himself a driving vigilante. They’ll show him getting suited up and attaching his camera to the windscreen and then he’ll narrate everyone else’s bad driving habits.
I also predict he’ll remind me of cliff richard, in that he’ll have one of those faces you’d never get tired of slapping

Usually it doesn’t bother me what other people do but in this instance the guy was in a lane he shouldn’t have been in and tailgating the car in front whilst thinking it’s hilarious to do so. I am one of those type of drivers that if someone cuts in front of me then I’ll just drop back a bit, life is too short to get wound up over silly things, let’s all just get to wherever we’re going to safely.
I totally agree that in time there will be vigilante people dressed in body armour driving round with 5 cameras mounted at all angles with Robocop playing in a loop at home.

Asking folk not to post it online (or remove it if they already have) is not the same as saying such material “cannot be used”. Which was the point I was making.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

In certain instances, the police should require all footage from the 10 minutes prior & after to the event, so they can make an informed judgement as to what went on.

Problem with a lot of these dashcam videos on YouTube is that many are edited in favour.

I don’t like the idea of this scheme for another reason… since speed cameras have become the norm and wide spread, I have seen less and less coppers. Won’t this make the situation worse with less police? ?

When I do see the police patrolling the motorway people tend to slow down and drive properly

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

slowlane:

Norfolkinclue1:

slowlane:
More [zb] Big Brother [zb].

Stop driving like a ■■■■ then.

If you’re not doing anything wrong, you’ve got nothing to hide. The government cares about you. Ignorance is strength. There will be no loyalty, except loyalty towards the Party. There will be no love, except the love of Big Brother. The selfless new man is willing to sacrifice not only his life but his self-respect and his sensitivity.

Do you need to borrow some foil?
Maybe try some independent thinking instead of that posting the usual brainwashed pseudo intellectual diatribe, no irony intended of course.
Big brother blah blah, don’t try and look at the bigger social picture fella as it’s all about you isn’t it. Ignorance is most definitely your bliss…

Norfolkinclue1:

slowlane:

Norfolkinclue1:

slowlane:

If you’re not doing anything wrong, you’ve got nothing to hide. The government cares about you. Ignorance is strength. There will be no loyalty, except loyalty towards the Party. There will be no love, except the love of Big Brother. The selfless new man is willing to sacrifice not only his life but his self-respect and his sensitivity.

Maybe try some independent thinking instead of that posting the usual brainwashed pseudo intellectual diatribe, no irony intended of course.
Big brother blah blah, don’t try and look at the bigger social picture fella as it’s all about you isn’t it. Ignorance is most definitely your bliss…

Whoosh!

Captain Caveman 76:

Norfolkinclue1:

slowlane:

Norfolkinclue1:

slowlane:

Whoosh!

That’s the noise the truck made when it came past me!! [emoji23][emoji23]

Captain Caveman 76:
Like all good ideas, dash cams are being taken to the extreme and are becoming another tool in the continual erosion of civil liberties.

What about the Civil liberties who got caught up in this?
youtube.com/watch?v=Bsd0HrSMZKE

The standard of driving in California is awful - from memory of the UK you have it easy! After a couple of near misses when other drivers ran through red lights and stop signs I brought and installed a dash cam in our Mustang.

Well long story shot we used a valet service at a San Fransisco hotel during our Christmas trip. On the 3rd day when we collected the car the driver’s seat had been heavily adjusted and the fuel gauge was lover than I remembered.

So I check the tracking system to find that on the 2 previous days the valet had taken the car for a drive around the city for over 1 1/2 hours in total! And the dash cam recorded it all, along with GPS position and the idiot moaning about the fact the car is warning them of traffic cameras and keeps beeping (the g shock saving the videos). Cost the hotel about $1500 in repairs and compensation.

More than paid for itself :slight_smile:

W.