Dash cams?

Gembo:

109LWB:
Another concern is how and when it stores data. Some just constantly record and overwrite files and have no knowledge of the data on the clips, the more expensive ones have g sensors and motion sensors which can detect a bump and will then lock that clip away so it can’t be overwritten or accidently deleted.

All of them overwrite the oldest data! That’s the whole point of them- fit and forget. If they didn’t they would stop recording when the memory card fills up and would be as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

Read the post!!
I said they overwrite without knowledge of the data, meaning it overwrites EVERYTHING, including the crucial clip you want.

The good ones store emergency or marked clips separately so they can’t be overwritten.

109LWB:

Gembo:

109LWB:
Another concern is how and when it stores data. Some just constantly record and overwrite files and have no knowledge of the data on the clips, the more expensive ones have g sensors and motion sensors which can detect a bump and will then lock that clip away so it can’t be overwritten or accidently deleted.

All of them overwrite the oldest data! That’s the whole point of them- fit and forget. If they didn’t they would stop recording when the memory card fills up and would be as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

Read the post!!
I said they overwrite without knowledge of the data, meaning it overwrites EVERYTHING, including the crucial clip you want.

The good ones store emergency or marked clips separately so they can’t be overwritten.

I know they do, ive got one. :laughing: :laughing:
Actually, having read the post in question, you did say some over write which I correctly said they ALL over write.
So yes, Im still right! :laughing: :laughing:

Actually, some DONT overwrite… Hence why buying cheap can sometimes be a waste of time (and money).

Ive had about 20, so Im gonna win. :smiley:

109LWB:
Actually, some DONT overwrite… Hence why buying cheap can sometimes be a waste of time (and money).

Ive had about 20, so Im gonna win. :smiley:

Alrite, you win, Ive only had 2 :laughing:

:smiley: Benefits of having companies sending me crap for testing.

I have this in my car amazon.co.uk/Transcend-Drive … ivepro+200 works really well and you can download clips to your smartphone over wifi

Gembo:
Here’s another one of the very good cheapies- youtube.com/watch?v=8LWOq62cY6U

I’ve got 3 of the eprance 0801’s with the gps module. No complaints & they are keen on price with the 0803 just released although yer man says there’s a few issues with these 0803’s & the video is more than good enough on the 0801.

109LWB:
GPS is a contentious issue, as it can save you, or get you in the ■■■. If you had an accident and were speeding before hand, you could find your insurers or police wanting a word. On the other hand, it could prove something in your favour.

photoix.co.uk/review/blackvue-dr … am-review/

photoix.co.uk/review/pittasoft-b … am-review/

photoix.co.uk/review/vicovation- … am-review/

Down your pants it goes, camera, what camera? :slight_smile:

rambo19:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo76bkytA3o

I bought this one from amazon, bloody brilliant and crystal clear, £50 approx.

Yeah, techmoan man likes them I think.

Zanfta:
As said above.
Ask yourself what you expect from it.
About 5 years ago I bought cheepo ebay one with 16GB card. Not the best picture but still works in my car.
Year or so ago was looking for something better and still have bought cheepo 25-35 quid +32Gb card what gives me 4hrs in720p resolution or 2hrs in 1080p. Still. You may not be able to clearly to see number plate.
Right.
What makes price range over 100quid?
The ones with gps.
Ask yourself.
Would you be happy show to officer that before accident you’ve been driving 32, 43, 56 etc.
So this feature can turn against you.

And btw. By the law
Camera can not be set in the range of wipers.
Display must be switched off.
(sorry. google it for full list)

True but they wouldn’t be much good with water drops all over the image. This law is just for Johnny ■■■■■■■■■ who fills the windscreen with tat not to prevent truckers from using sat navs in a sensible place or dash cams. Any police that says otherwise isn’t fit to wear the uniform.

Silver_Surfer:

Zanfta:
As said above.
Ask yourself what you expect from it.
About 5 years ago I bought cheepo ebay one with 16GB card. Not the best picture but still works in my car.
Year or so ago was looking for something better and still have bought cheepo 25-35 quid +32Gb card what gives me 4hrs in720p resolution or 2hrs in 1080p. Still. You may not be able to clearly to see number plate.
Right.
What makes price range over 100quid?
The ones with gps.
Ask yourself.
Would you be happy show to officer that before accident you’ve been driving 32, 43, 56 etc.
So this feature can turn against you.

And btw. By the law
Camera can not be set in the range of wipers.
Display must be switched off.
(sorry. google it for full list)

True but they wouldn’t be much good with water drops all over the image. This law is just for Johnny [zb] who fills the windscreen with tat not to prevent truckers from using sat navs in a sensible place or dash cams. Any police that says otherwise isn’t fit to wear the uniform.

Just fit them at the top of the screen. Unless everyone drives about looking up into the sky all day, the authorities wont give a toss if its fitted at the top within the wiper sweep

Check out Nextbase at Amazon.uk. Can’t remember the price but it would have been the cheapest on offer.

The picture quality is excellent, the area of view wide, and, although it does overwrite on a constant loop every 3 and half hours or so, if there is a sudden impact it saves several seconds before and after.

I had a small problem after 11 months with the internal battery going flat for some reason (although it can be used for a short time outside the vehicle to take still photos, I have no use for that) which returned the date and time to default (beginning of 2012). That of course made it useless for legal backup but I had a conversation with a man at their help number who led me through step by step (with him doing it himself on a model he had in front of him) and we finally got it sorted.

I am very pleased with this model. :slight_smile:

I like the sound of this wi fi lark on the cams, you can scan the surrounding area of your truck from your little base behind the curtains without twitching them, all on your phone, ace.

Be good for clocking the numpty who’s just reversed in to you at 2 in the morning as well.

You could also have one at the side & clock if the hoor is fit before deciding wether to crack the door or not… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Or see what’s going on outside your truck if you’re on a loading bay inside your trailer.

m1cks:
Or see what’s going on outside your truck if you’re on a loading bay inside your trailer.

Totes.