Daily Checks.

Ladytrucker679:

Simon:

daxi:

As I do not drive any one vehicle for anyone person I always make sure my back is coverd before I insert a tacho & take responsability for the vehicle.

You should put your tacho in before doing all this. It is other work after all and should be recorded on the tacho as such. Your working day starts when you start work.

Yeah you should. :wink: :laughing:

I always use to, but got fed up of having to fill in the back of charts as the first vehicle I had been given had unreported defects, so I now do the checks & then insert the chart after making a manual record of the time I started, as per legal requirement & I also manually record any unrecorded time as other work, but as no one records at what time I am given the vehicle keys, or if I am given more than one vehicle, then the VOSA could find it difficult to prove.

Sometimes i just check the ignition works put the key in and it starts good enough for me yes i know not good but what the hell…And sometimes depending on how i feel i check the oil, lights and run my hand across the tyres to make sure theres enough tread.

I dont think i have ever used a torque wrench on a wheel nut in my life.

One good way of checking tyres, especially twin wheels is with a hammer. You will get used to the sound of a soft tyre or recognise one that is up to pressure.

You wouldnt pass any tests this way but its clean and quick :stuck_out_tongue: