Daf or Merc

Ghiabox:
Fleet where I work consists of 2 68 plate DAF 210s and Merc Antos rigid (among others) and by far the Mercs are superior in my opinion, more comfortable quicker off the mark and upto speed, the indicators dont knock off when you dont want them too, easier to switch into manual mode and use manual mode…

210 that must be a stunning drive :grimacing:

millsie6379:
Daf for me… Personally think the Mercs are rubbish. Poor power & poor ride quality. Loads bigger cab on the Daf too.

Couldn’t agree more

LL79:

whelmic:
I run 2 x Merc Actros’s (1 x 1845 and 1 x 2545) and am incredibly pleased with them. Bulletproof reliability, excellent fuel economy (11 mpg average on the 4x2 over 600000km) and great service from our local dealer. When it comes to getting a new Tractor unit next year it will definetly be another Merc.

you obviously dont sit in driver seat…they are reliable no doubt about it, but drive like crap

My thoughts exactly

We have a fleet of Mercs - 20 months old and they’re all being sent back - 500k each but now having major problems. They all had a recall to strengthen the chassis - even tho we run light, gearbox faults various engine breakdowns. Dafs we had all needed new hubs. Our previous Volvos did 1million k plus in 3 years, managers wanted to keep them but got the Mercs allocated instead. For us the Volvos were nigh on bomb proof.

Mercs are gutless etc, but when you own it that is less important than keeping the wheels turning.

My firm has Actros Iveco and MAN , boss has gone back to MAN buying 7 in the last year and has 5 other MAN tractor units oldest 5 years old and youngest of the rest 3 years old ,all doing ok
Only faults have been clutch bearing at 350k and mine had compressor go at 340k but it’s 41/2 years old
They just keep doing their job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mackem:
We have a fleet of Mercs - 20 months old and they’re all being sent back - 500k each but now having major problems. They all had a recall to strengthen the chassis - even tho we run light, gearbox faults various engine breakdowns. Dafs we had all needed new hubs. Our previous Volvos did 1million k plus in 3 years, managers wanted to keep them but got the Mercs allocated instead. For us the Volvos were nigh on bomb proof.

Mercs are gutless etc, but when you own it that is less important than keeping the wheels turning.

1mil km in 3years? wtf?

blue estate:
My firm has Actros Iveco and MAN , boss has gone back to MAN buying 7 in the last year and has 5 other MAN tractor units oldest 5 years old and youngest of the rest 3 years old ,all doing ok
Only faults have been clutch bearing at 350k and mine had compressor go at 340k but it’s 41/2 years old
They just keep doing their job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes these 2things will go sooner or later on MAN…350k bit soon for clutch tho…
Im all for MAN…