Cutting in after overtaking,is it an offence?

Conor:
One of the ironies of this is last night when overtaking a wagon they flashed me in when I pretty much must have only just had the back of my trailer pass their front bumper, I was actually surprised they’d flashed because I didn’t think I’d actually got past them. Because I didn’t immediately pull in and wanted to open the gap because I know I don’t like people cutting in and shaving the paint off my front bumper it seemed to make them quite irate because they then started flashing even more.

I find it hilarious when they do that, like why bother? One flash and let them crack on

Yes,they start flashing like crazy,I can never get my head round that.And if Im in a mirrorless unit,it makes it harder to judge the distance

I was having the same thoughts about this thread on Friday. For some reason, and maybe a coincidence, I had 3 DHL muppets all overtake me, in that horrible rain we had with massive spray and awful conditions, and each one cut in after overtaking me by literally inches, leaving me with zero visibility and having to brake to get a safe distance again.

They got flashed alright, to say what the ‘f’ you doing pulling in like that!!
Utter bell ends.

If we all started uploading the dashcam evidence to police,it would put a stop to this business.
But then that means dropping someone in it,thats the problem…

Sploom:
If we all started uploading the dashcam evidence to police,it would put a stop to this business.
But then that means dropping someone in it,thats the problem…

Oh my !
Someone driving badly, and cutting in so your face is a couple of feet from the solid rear end of his trailer, might get told off?
I feel really sorry for him.

The problem is putting up with the selfish, who talk about all sticking together.

“Dob him in”. “Split on him”. Phrases used by bullies and thieves to shield themselves from the consequences of their actions, and repeated by their apologists.

Have a nice Sunday morning all :smiley:

Yeah,fair comment

I’ve started pulling out to the middle lane and sitting there till there’s an adequate gap, it might make the idiots think it was too close were if I just backed off won’t

Yes,Ive tried this,but I get the feeling they dont give a ■■■■

Sploom:
So if you are like me and dont like trucks cutting back in only a couple of feet past your front bumper.I just wondered if its classed as driving without due care.

It should be. I drive at night when traffic is lighter, I don’t understand why someone (hgv) overtakes me with no one behind him feels he has to cut back in so close, so soon? Now I have to either drive 1.5 feet behind him for 10-20 seconds (even 1-2 seconds is too long imo) or slow down to stay safe-ish. I can understand single carriageway although in that case I would’ve slowed down myself to ease the process but on a dual/m-way makes no sense

ETS:

Sploom:
So if you are like me and dont like trucks cutting back in only a couple of feet past your front bumper.I just wondered if its classed as driving without due care.

It should be. I drive at night when traffic is lighter, I don’t understand why someone (hgv) overtakes me with no one behind him feels he has to cut back in so close, so soon? Now I have to either drive 1.5 feet behind him for 10-20 seconds (even 1-2 seconds is too long imo) or slow down to stay safe-ish. I can understand single carriageway although in that case I would’ve slowed down myself to ease the process but on a dual/m-way makes no sense

Simply because they are bad drivers that have extremely poor driving standards. You can guarantee they are the same ones that tailgate, don’t signal correctly and only think of themselves and nobody else. They will be appalling when driving their cars as well. :unamused: :imp:

As someone else said this never happened 10-15 years ago and thank goodness I don’t have to endure such morons everyday now. Standards. :unamused:

ETS:

Sploom:

Some drivers seem to think that if they spend more than a millisecond in lane 2, their truck will explode , and they HAVE to pull back in regardless of how close they are to you.

If I overtake, I pull back over when I feel Im safely past the vehicle Im overtaking, and a decent distance. I dont give a monkeys if they’ve flashed me in and Im still close.