Current MAN TGXXL compared to TGXL

dingo:

The hanbdbrake is another thing …shift the gear switch , but leave the handbrake in the middle of the floor still ?.
They could have gone with it on the dash or an electric one.

I asked exactly the same question last week when i took a new 640 for a test drive, moving the gearselector is easy as it doesnt need type approval so they moved it but the handbrake does so it wasnt worth it for what time the current model has left, when the new shape comes out next year the handbrake is electric and on the dash,

And Juddian, the new Traxon box combined with 640 horses is an absolute dream to drive

Thanks Maoster and Chaversdad, am now looking forward with pleasure to trying the MAN/Traxon out for myself, however it won’t be having 640 horses driving through it, only the standard 500, but then the big lump would be overkill on my job anyway, and thankfully it won’t be the next model because i do not want an electric parking brake.

Juddian:
Thanks Maoster and Chaversdad, am now looking forward with pleasure to trying the MAN/Traxon out for myself, however it won’t be having 640 horses driving through it, only the standard 500, but then the big lump would be overkill on my job anyway.

Those 4x4’s are heavy things though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:

Juddian:
Thanks Maoster and Chaversdad, am now looking forward with pleasure to trying the MAN/Traxon out for myself, however it won’t be having 640 horses driving through it, only the standard 500, but then the big lump would be overkill on my job anyway.

Those 4x4’s are heavy things though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

que?

or am i being a bit thick…and hardly the first time if that’s the case :blush:

pilko_ad:
Aren’t the new MAN’s using the Scania gearbox not Traxon?

no its the other way round i beleive scania areusing traxon so the sales man said and they look the same