Cummins Engines

Jelliot:
So you go out for the New Years celebrations then you come home at 3.10 am and go straight on to Trucknet !!!

GS … Really …Who’s the Anorak…At least it’s 9 at night here

Jeff…

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Have you worked out the uploading procedure yet, Railstaff? It’s a bit fiddly, but the scans will survive at least as long as TNUK, so it’s a whole lot better than Photo*uckit, or any of the other hosting sites.

Do you have that massive ■■■■■■■ history book, that is occasionally quoted on here? I forget the name of it. IIRC, I referred to a free partial download of it when discussing the AEC V8 engine.

Just digging it out.No I don’t have that book.What I do have is a CPL book,i will try to upload a page to show all the different available HP,s that people didn’t know were about.

youtu.be/xdiU4WBnKbc

Always thought the ■■■■■■■ had a lovely bark

Erm… I might be a bit late to the party… as usual some might say… but my first lorry was a DAF 45 (Leyland Roadrunner) which was fitted with a ■■■■■■■ 180hp, coupled to a 6 speed 'box, loved that machine, it might have been a little petite camion, but at the place where we worked we certainly shifted some weigths with it, and it didn’t seem to impress that ■■■■■■■ lump!

Quite a difference with the Volvo FL6 I got to drive that followed up that little DAF, although it wasn’t a great puller, once it got going it went on for mile after mile, never missed a beat! It only missed the ■■■■■■■ soundtrack…

Cheers, Patrick

always fancied a ringtone with ■■■■■■■ engine noise

fredm:
always fancied a ringtone with ■■■■■■■ engine noise

I didn’t need one, my right ear rang enough with the noise of the bloody things through the exhaust stack! :unamused:

Pete.

Well I only had one ■■■■■■■ engine in a Foden S 80.A 220 N/A, It didnt do very well on fuel , It didnt fire up to good on cold mornings, It had a S 36 Foden with a Leyland 680PP N/A Engine before a I bought the S.80, which IMO was far superior on fuel, The later ■■■■■■■ engine were better on fuel as far as I know, Just what other hauliers told me of course, Reagrds Larry.

The strange thing is my 11 litre ■■■■■■■ which is some 25 odd yr old design is still doing better mpg by as much as 2 mpg than the new Daf and Volvos on the family fleet .

Punchy Dan:
The strange thing is my 11 litre ■■■■■■■ which is some 25 odd yr old design is still doing better mpg by as much as 2 mpg than the new Daf and Volvos on the family fleet .

Must be good Red ! Anon 1.

Obviously sandbach scania will be better on fuel drivers on the fleet aren’t paying for the fuel power button in

Punchy Dan:

All the emissions crap on the new ones is the culprit. I know a few people that have deleted all of it and they instantly pick up an extra 1.5 to 2mpg.

A big issue with the KT(A)/QSK, in normal transport operations, is that it’s too heavy for a 6 tonne steer axle. The 15 litre offering is more than adequate for 120 tonne road train use, so I’m somewhat at a loss as to why anyone would consider it (the 19 L) for a 44 tonne role.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Well I only had one ■■■■■■■ engine in a Foden S 80.A 220 N/A, It didnt do very well on fuel , It didnt fire up to good on cold mornings, It had a S 36 Foden with a Leyland 680PP N/A Engine before a I bought the S.80, which IMO was far superior on fuel, The later ■■■■■■■ engine were better on fuel as far as I know, Just what other hauliers told me of course, Reagrds Larry.

Both of the ‘faults’ you describe suggest the timing was out. When they are right they start a lot easier and pull a lot better, and use less fuel.

IMG_20190707_194427.jpg

kevmac47:
This was the ■■■■■■■ model I cut my teeth on, the wonderful NHK, in 205 or 220 mode. it (in my opinion) led the way for reliability, power, and yes, even economy if driven properly. :smiley: :smiley: Ps don’t forget the noise it makes, to steal a quote from the ESL jodrells AWESOME!!! :unamused: :imp: Regards Kev.
PPs. Happy birthday IAIN. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

This is the motor now still with its original ■■■■■■■■ New to the Burmah Group in 1970.
Stored until 1972, then entered service with Castrol at Stanlow. We acquired it in 1990 after it ended it’s working life as a shunter in the Stanlow refinery. After a complete strip down and restoration it joined the rally circuit. I haven’t driven it for a few years now, but hope to do so again since I’ve now had my spinal surgery. Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

kevmac47:
This was the ■■■■■■■ model I cut my teeth on, the wonderful NHK, in 205 or 220 mode. it (in my opinion) led the way for reliability, power, and yes, even economy if driven properly. :smiley: :smiley: Ps don’t forget the noise it makes, to steal a quote from the ESL jodrells AWESOME!!! :unamused: :imp: Regards Kev.1
PPs. Happy birthday IAIN. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

This is the motor now still with its original ■■■■■■■■ New to the Burmah Group in 1970.
Stored until 1972, then entered service with Castrol at Stanlow. We acquired it in 1990 after it ended it’s working life as a shunter in the Stanlow refinery. After a complete strip down and restoration it joined the rally circuit. I haven’t driven it for a few years now, but hope to do so again since I’ve now had my spinal surgery. Regards Kev.

That’s a stunner mate! Hope you can take the old girl out for a spin any time soon.

newmercman:

Punchy Dan:

All the emissions crap on the new ones is the culprit. I know a few people that have deleted all of it and they instantly pick up an extra 1.5 to 2mpg.

I’ve been wondering about all that stuff and if it effected the mpg… seems it does then. A few years ago I was in the Czech Republic to load a stone crusher at a expo. Expo wasn’t finished yet, so I had some time to stroll around, bumped into the Tatra stand (which just had been taken over by Paccar, so the cab, engine and gearbox were all DAF/ZF products) and checked their new Phoenix range out. Asked if they used the MX engine, indeed they did the salesman said… so where’s the ad-blue tank on it then, I asked. No need for that, he told me, this engine runs without it!

Not sure if it’s part of the package nowadays though…

pv83:

newmercman:

Punchy Dan:

I’ve been wondering about all that stuff and if it effected the mpg… seems it does then. A few years ago I was in the Czech Republic to load a stone crusher at a expo. Expo wasn’t finished yet, so I had some time to stroll around, bumped into the Tatra stand (which just had been taken over by Paccar, so the cab, engine and gearbox were all DAF/ZF products) and checked their new Phoenix range out. Asked if they used the MX engine, indeed they did the salesman said… so where’s the ad-blue tank on it then, I asked. No need for that, he told me, this engine runs without it!

I can verify that the MX13 engine does run perfect with out ad-blue, both of them did in fact… bloke down the pub told me! :wink:

Punchy Dan:

Well its the way you drive it Dan, The proper way as no doubt was the way you were taught to drive, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

pete smith:

pv83:

newmercman:

Punchy Dan:

I can verify that the MX13 engine does run perfect with out ad-blue, both of them did in fact… bloke down the pub told me! :wink:

Did that bloke down the pub say how he managed to bypass the ECU? :wink:
And does that trick work on a Volvo FH4 by any chance…? Asking for a friend…