Cumbria companies

c"mon milkman tom git that scanner garn

I used to run quite a bit to Whitehaven in the 50s To a firm Dobson & Musgrove food wholesalers right on the waterside, Then in the 80s I started going there again this time delivering sheet lead to various builders merchants, I used to park up overnight in the same spot, & the was a 8 wheeler Atki called the Flying Fish, it was green , a smart looking motor as I recall, I wonder if it is lucky enough to be still about. Regards Larry.

Hello Larry,
What was the registration of the wagon??
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Hello Hodgeturbo,
Who’s milkman tom when his at yam??
■■■■■■■■ Gill

R I Stampers
■■■■■■■■ Gill

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello Larry,
What was the registration of the wagon??
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Sorry I cant remember the number of the Atki, but im sure im not the only one to remember The Flying Fish, he may have been a local boy? Regards Larry

hi, it was for a time driven by martin brown, we worked together at sellafield before we got made redundant, martin ended up delivering kitchen units, i havent seen him for some time dont even know if he is still in ■■■■■■■■ :wink:

yungnad:
hi, it was for a time driven by martin brown, we worked together at sellafield before we got made redundant, martin ended up delivering kitchen units, i havent seen him for some time dont even know if he is still in ■■■■■■■■ :wink:

Well thats a start,Thank you, Regards Larry

:confused: andddd, well the memorys a bit slow now, i think its a gardner, a bit slow but often reliable, his cb handle was------------the flying fish, dunno why :laughing: :laughing: maybe its because of what he carried—fish :smiley:

Aye your probabley right that could have been his handle, mine was The Phantom, Regards Larry

3808147353_3ce8b37632.jpg

park longtown

colin pattinson

colin pattinson

Anybody got any pics of David Sisson,s DAF 3300 Space and/or 95 500 ■■■■■■■■■ both done traction for Curries) or any of Billy Dowell,s Iveco Fiat, or any Joe Wills Atki/Foden fleet, or John Storey,s 4 wheeler fleet from Kirkbride.

hodgeturbo:
colin pattinson

I do not wish to offend but WTF is this contraption.

about time there was some more t brady & sons

5220_118373004083_100917969083_2234978_5666193_n.jpg

here some more t bradys and sons

Sorry guys but Sobarts have more lorries then all of the other ■■■■■■■■ hauliers but together.

Nice shot of the “new” Brady depot at the top of Duke st. in Barrow probably shot in the early 70’s. When I worked for Brady’s in the mid 60’s I used to park my " newish" Austin Se7en in fron’t of the righthand side window of the office,behind where the phone is. My mini was never “touched” during the time I was there and it sometimes stood for a week at a time. The two Brady Bros. Aunt Bessie kept an eye on it for me !!! it was who you knew in Barrow in those days not what you knew, wink,wink,say no more. Cheers Bewick.