Cumbria companies

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:
Hey Hodge is thoo sat at yam wid yer finger up your a— or wat eh! Cheers Dennis.

No been on some Tar jobs this week Dennis lot of standing time you know

Or reet I’ll let thee off this time !! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:
Hey Hodge is thoo sat at yam wid yer finger up your a— or wat eh! Cheers Dennis.

No been on some Tar jobs this week Dennis lot of standing time you know

Or reet I’ll let thee off this time !! Cheers Dennis.

Thanks Marra

Honister

hodgeturbo:

Hiya Paul, great shot this one so did Kenneth give you any gen about this load on the Ergo Leyland like where it was from ( DEC ?) and where and how it got there to it’s final destination ? Cheers Dennis. PS you get into some fairly high spots so what were you loading at Honister mine ?

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

Hiya Paul, great shot this one so did Kenneth give you any gen about this load on the Ergo Leyland like where it was from ( DEC ?) and where and how it got there to it’s final destination ? Cheers Dennis. PS you get into some fairly high spots so what were you loading at Honister mine ?

Loading 20mm decorative slate for Stockport

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

So Paul we’re tipped and m/tin Stockport 140 odd miles from home ! So did you manage to get a load back from somewhere down there ? or was it a case of the job paid very well so you just flew back Yam ? Cheers Dennis

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

So Paul we’re tipped and m/tin Stockport 140 odd miles from home ! So did you manage to get a load back from somewhere down there ? or was it a case of the job paid very well so you just flew back Yam ? Cheers Dennis

I’ve got a bit off agricultural lime coming out of Carnforth at the minute so brought one of them back to Frizington,and then we did another load a fortnight later and brought Lime to Eaglesfield so it wasn’t to bad Dennis.Weve been down to London and Wallsall with slate out of Elterwater aswell lately

I know we were Lancashire really, but 3 cracking photos of Bill Keith’s motors on FB! Well the first would be loading at Millom Ironworks, so ■■■■■■■■■■ then.

w keith1.jpg

Hi John,
The shot of Krugers old Guy Steer was put on the thread a while ago by a Lad that ran tippers and then became a VOSA employee ! He had the same sur name as me ! and had served his time at Syd Prestons in Carnforth in the 60’s. He explained that the shot of the Guy was when it had been retired and was on it’s way to the breakers as scrap IIRC and you may notice it had an old car loaded in the body, obviously to “mek the weight up” !!! I would think the Guy had had an extremely hard life running in and out to Millom for a good few years but it’s date with the gas axe had finally arrived ! Cheers Dennis.

Here are a few photographs taken last Saturday morning on the old A66 at Braithwaite between Cockermouth and Keswick, this section of old road is now used as a lay by and access to some properties but is used each year as an assembly point for the start of The ■■■■■■■ Trunk Run. 57 years ago last week I started my career driving a Leyland Comet (mouth organ front) cattle wagon along this road as far south as Banbury with 3 decks of sheep.

Scotlee Volvo .JPG

Who does the American Kenworth/Peterbilt behind Bateman’s Atki belong to Gerald, is it local?
Have always fancied a go in one of those since I was a young lad…sad eh? :blush: :smiley:

Roy it was signwritten Truck& Plant Services who have been on the rally scene for a numbder of years they are from Paisley or Barrhead. Thery bought Colin Pattinson’s Atkinson Borderer a few years ago then Paul Wardle’s ERF four wheeler. Incidently there was another American tractor unit that passed through Wigton twice on Saturday afternoon I just caught a glimpse as it passed my house no idea who it was, painted in a light oatmeal colour.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

robroy:
Who does the American Kenworth/Peterbilt behind Bateman’s Atki belong to Gerald, is it local?
Have always fancied a go in one of those since I was a young lad…sad eh? :blush: :smiley:

I think it’s a Kenworth? Back in about 1980, I was doing internals in Saudi. One of our American customers from Riyadh, MSI, and sadly I can’t even remember what they did, had a few Kenworths. If you click on my website below and go to the gallery there’s a pic of of a veteran pulling out of our yard in Dammam. I had a Saudi licence, so could go on the port. They employed a Philipinno, who didn’t yet have a licence, (you could drive for a certain time on a foreign licence, but they wouldn’t let you on the port) so they asked if I could take his truck onto the port to load a container. His truck was a brand new normal control Kenworth, with a massive ■■■■■■■ engine, can’t remember the HP, but it was over 400, back when 290 was BIG.

I went through the port gate and there was a 2 mile drive inside the port to where the containers were (the gulf is very shallow there, so the causeway was long).

I got it up to over 90! What a joy and a great memory!

Happy Days,

John.

Hi John it is badged Peterbilt.
Cheers Leyland 600

Leyland600:
Hi John it is badged Peterbilt.
Cheers Leyland 600

Ah well. I still enjoyed reliving that day from long ago!

John

Hiya Paul, have you had one running out of Sandside this week ? I “clocked” one on the A6 running into Milnthorpe yesterday ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Hiya Paul, have you had one running out of Sandside this week ? I “clocked” one on the A6 running into Milnthorpe yesterday ! Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis I’ve had one in Millom all week could have been him,I haven’t worked for Tarmac for a while I have worked out of Sandside before but the last thing I did for them would have been from Dumfries