Cumbria companies

■■■■■■■ concrete products daf xf

A shot of the fleet of my old long gone Marra Harry Thompson. Cheers Dennis.

My fathers first wagon was this Bedford WLG 2 tonner . He bought it at the end of 1946 from R.J.Kelso of Lazonby . He transferred a CLicence from a car and trailer he had bought earlier . This licence gave him a radius of 15 miles from hisbase` at Ingmire .

Cheers , cattle wagon man .

image.jpeg

hodgeturbo:

That Jennings bitter is a gay good pint eh! Cheers Dennis.

A W Jenkinson Volvo PX 16 BMU.jpg

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

That Jennings bitter is a gay good pint eh! Cheers Dennis.

I agree with you Dennis, Jennings beer is one of the best, all the way from Cockermouth.
From about 1995, and for many years later, I would park up for the night at Pool, between
Redruth and Camborne, and nip across the road for a meal and a beer or two at the “Plume of Feathers”
pub in the village, and Jennings beer was always available…Long way from Cockermouth !!
Talking of Cockermouth, you will remember the dreadful floods not many years ago. When the
weather forecast is on the television, sometimes it is " signed", for the benefit of people with hearing
problems, I have often wondered how the TV presenter would have “signed” Cockermouth.

Regards, Ray Smyth.

Was browsing at tractors on ebay and noticed there was an Scania of RJ Murray and son longtown in the background

Wastwater

This Ford Transit D205 FHA was new to Sandwell Council in the West Midlands.
I bought it in 1991,at which time it was a “Dropside Flat”. It is seen here Southbound
in France, Between Limoges and Brive, en route to Figeac in 1993, I had stopped for a
Jimmy Riddle, and also to make a brew of tea.

I later designed a “Lift On/Lift Off” curtainsided body, which was manufactured by
Simon Elston at Wigan Trailer Centre. It is seen here in the 2nd picture in1994,
about to board the ferry from Ardrossan to Brodick, Isle Of Arran. By this tme
it was owned by J.T.Leyland of Milnthorpe. Photo is courtesy of Mike Leyland.

Both pictures have recently been posted on the “Past & Present” thread. Regards, Ray Smyth.

Burlington Aggregates

hodgeturbo:
Burlington Aggregates

Do you do 'owt with Burlington Paul ? Cheers Dennis.

Hodge must have gone “to ground” or he is creeping around Lord Cavendish and Burlington Aggs. so I’ll put a shot up of two of my Marras to keep this great thread front and centre. Cheers Bewick.

Hi Dennis This is HT when he was based at Belle Vue, who is the other lad ?
Cheers Leyland 600

Hiya Gerald,
The young Lad is Gordon Thompson, Harry’s Son ! he was about half that size and probably 9 or 10 when I first came across him in '69 with his Dad in their LAD Reiver up and down the road to London ! They did some right “midnight flyers” on Smiths traffic ( same as me as well with loads of Libby’s :wink: ) On a different note it looked like one of Jed’s Cranes came unstuck off the A7 to-day and if it hadn’t been for the trees he would have ended up in the Loch ! Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis, I thought it might be Gordon, I didn’t know him then. Jim’s crane had no chance on that section of road if anywhere near the edge with its gross weight.
Cheers Leyland 600

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
Burlington Aggregates

Do you do 'owt with Burlington Paul ? Cheers Dennis.

Doing quite a lot with them at the moment Dennis down at Barrow and up our end of the county aswell

Had to get a lift home this week,gearbox has give up the ghost

hodgeturbo:

So do you buy a second hand box off Grahams Paul ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

So do you buy a second hand box off Grahams Paul ? Cheers Dennis.

I use a fella called John Dunn Professional Transmissions at Cambuslang he will rebuild it for me.Its been crunchy for a while but I’ve just put up with it we think the lay shaft has seized up