Culina

xichrisxi:
It’s a crap set up,ridiculously tight bays and even worse in the dark and rain!

For those that ain’t had the pleasure…

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nNyqCcTxDXE

One of our lads had the front of his cab taken off by someone coming off the bay.

Very tight indeed, I’m not saying new passes should be given an easy ride but this 4 weeks after test was a complete head wreck! I guess I have to learn from this and chalked it as experience:)

Mistake made in that video is the doors are open on the trailer lossing 8 inches. Keep the doors shut and get on the bay then open them. Only on bays 16 and up you need to open them 1st

nick2008:
Mistake made in that video is the doors are open on the trailer lossing 8 inches. Keep the doors shut and get on the bay then open them. Only on bays 16 and up you need to open them 1st

Update!!! They have just called and I got the job, they said I showed lots of willing and they are taking me on… 2 weeks training and assessment after that to see if there is improvement if not more training… I’m over the moon they are giving me a chance! :smiley: :smiley:

NICE ONE :smiley:

[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

ROG:

Thanks rog, nice to know companies are willing to put the effort in with newbies!

Well done
Told you, they’ll spend time if they think your right.
Stafford is the worst of our depots next on the list would be Milton Keynes then any of the collections you’ll do from there.
So what’s your Start window and shift pattern I’ll keep an eye out for a 2 up in a Merc :wink:

nick2008:
Well done
Told you, they’ll spend time if they think your right.
Stafford is the worst of our depots next on the list would be Milton Keynes then any of the collections you’ll do from there.
So what’s your Start window and shift pattern I’ll keep an eye out for a 2 up in a Merc :wink:

Thanks nick, I’m still in shock to be honest,
I start my induction the 23rd of August, got 2 days for that and that will be including in my 5 on 3 off Rota so the start of my 5 will be on the Thursday, just hope I can learn enough in the 2 weeks so they don’t regret there decision! Be sure to give me a wave! I can’t wait to start:)

avfcnat82:

ROG:

Thanks rog, nice to know companies are willing to put the effort in with newbies!

Congratulations. I think Culina is a good company and they will train you till you dream about all their Safe Systems of Work and Standard Operating Procedures.

Well done and keep the good work up.

Tipperdipper1:

avfcnat82:

ROG:

Congratulations. I think Culina is a good company and they will train you till you dream about all their Safe Systems of Work and Standard Operating Procedures.

Well done and keep the good work up.

Ha ha ! I have heard all about this! Looking forward to it though ! :slight_smile:

CongNATulations on the new job.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

avfcnat82:

nick2008:

Update!!! They have just called and I got the job, they said I showed lots of willing and they are taking me on… 2 weeks training and assessment after that to see if there is improvement if not more training… I’m over the moon they are giving me a chance! :smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations, I worked for Culina for 7 yrs and they were good at taking on newbies and I’ve spent a few weeks with new drivers to try and nurture them on, and I’ll also agree Stafford is a ballache.

They’re an ■■■■ company and they like to monitor your driving but just learn to keep your head below the radar like I did and you’ll be fine.

El Deano:
CongNATulations on the new job.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks dean, much appreciated:)

bald bloke:

avfcnat82:

nick2008:

Congratulations, I worked for Culina for 7 yrs and they were good at taking on newbies and I’ve spent a few weeks with new drivers to try and nurture them on, and I’ll also agree Stafford is a ballache.

They’re an ■■■■ company and they like to monitor your driving but just learn to keep your head below the radar like I did and you’ll be fine.

That’s my intention to be honest, I’m kinda like that anyway, just want the easy life, not into all this trouble causing, I’m getting a few weeks with another driver, mainly for tg reversing I think, so hopefully I can learn lots! :slight_smile:

I started with Culina at Milton Keynes. They were good to me, sent me with other drivers for several shifts while I was learning how to reverse in the real world.

Now a few years on and I’m living the dream (almost) driving steel trucks in New Zealand. You have to start somewhere, and Culina was the beginning of my journey to paradise. For that I shall always be grateful.

Good luck to you!

ORC:
I started with Culina at Milton Keynes. They were good to me, sent me with other drivers for several shifts while I was learning how to reverse in the real world.

Now a few years on and I’m living the dream (almost) driving steel trucks in New Zealand. You have to start somewhere, and Culina was the beginning of my journey to paradise. For that I shall always be grateful.

Good luck to you!

Thank you, that’s great to hear, I am worried about the reverse I have to admit, they seem to think 2 weeks and I will improve, is this the case? I know everyone is different and you can’t put a time on it, just wanted your opinion?

avfcnat82:

ORC:

Good luck to you!

Thank you, that’s great to hear, I am worried about the reverse I have to admit, they seem to think 2 weeks and I will improve, is this the case? I know everyone is different and you can’t put a time on it, just wanted your opinion?

I think you make little steps forward in every shift you do, even if you don’t feel it right away. At some you will just think “Wow, look how my reversing improved”.

After the 2 weeks they will may be say that you still need a bit help for another week. Just be confident and don’t worry if you need like 20 shunts. We all started like that.

There will be daysvin your life where you drive it like you stole it and others where you need 10 shunts for a easy peasy reverse straight back.

Tipperdipper1:

avfcnat82:

ORC:

Good luck to you!

I think you make little steps forward in every shift you do, even if you don’t feel it right away. At some you will just think “Wow, look how my reversing improved”.

After the 2 weeks they will may be say that you still need a bit help for another week. Just be confident and don’t worry if you need like 20 shunts. We all started like that.

There will be daysvin your life where you drive it like you stole it and others where you need 10 shunts for a easy peasy reverse straight back.

thanks dave, cant wait to get started now

Of course your reverse will get better. Like anything its just a skill and the only way to learn it is practice.

Congrats on the job.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk