Culina strikes again. Morrisons handed over a year early

Andrejs:

simcor:
https://motortransport.co.uk/blog/2023/03/22/wincanton-woes-mount-as-morrisons-switches-70m-transport-contract-to-stobart/

Morrisons has terminated its transport contract with Wincanton “with immediate effect” and handed the entire operation over to Stobart, a year earlier than its original agreed length.

In a message from the supermarket’s leadership team to managers on 16 March and seen by motortransport.co.uk, Morrisons said the contract had ended and that “all logistics transport operations in Stockton, Wakefield, Gadbrook and Willow Green will move to Eddie Stobart, part of the Culina Group.

“The planning operations teams in these sites will transfer back to Morrisons.”

The message added: “We will support the TUPE process alongside Eddie Stobart and Wincanton for the transport and planning teams.”

The five-year contract, understood to be worth £70m per annum in turnover, was originally handed to Wincanton in 2019 and incorporated three of the supermarket’s sites.

In 2020 Morrisons handed it additional transport and vehicle maintenance operations at its Willow Green logistics premises in Bridgwater.

In Wincanton’s financial results for 2020, the 3PL said revenue in its retail grocery division had increased by 26% partly due to the Morrisons deal, as well as new contract wins with Co-op and Sainsbury’s.

The surprise early termination of the contract will be another headache for Wincanton, which issued a profits warning earlier this month after it lost a major contract with HM Revenue and Customs.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

At facebok read who Culina grab Weetabix from Wincanton.

Already mentioned 2 posts above gone to great bear aka Culina.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Long Lane Deliveries in Bellshill getting bought over now by “large well respected company”. There is a 3 month grace period while they pour over the accounts etc. They have requested an NDA so we don’t know who it is. Rumours are it’s Fowler Welch who are a subsidiary of Culina. Think they need to tupe our pay and terms for a year? Anyone work for Fowler Welch on here and know how much they pay?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

The Mexican:
Long Lane Deliveries in Bellshill getting bought over now by “large well respected company”. There is a 3 month grace period while they pour over the accounts etc. They have requested an NDA so we don’t know who it is. Rumours are it’s Fowler Welch who are a subsidiary of Culina. Think they need to tupe our pay and terms for a year? Anyone work for Fowler Welch on here and know how much they pay?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Have Long Lane taken over the Scotland deliveries for Martin Brower now?

Some of it yes but not all of it yet.

The Mexican:
Some of it yes but not all of it yet.

Aye I thought so, seen quite a few units pulling mcd trailers. Funnily enough I’m sat in Long Lane Bellshill now hah