Crashed again

rich12:
That damage doesn’t look very fresh,the rusts coming through already.

I did think that as well but then thought maybe some transfer off the truck?

Maybe he didn’t actually hit it. He did say he didn’t feel it and tbh you would for that amount of damage.

Also said no damage to truck?

Beginning to wonder if it happened and someone pulling a fast one

Unless there are solid witness’ and FRESH damage on truck I’d be saying wasn’t me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has been a consultation recently about introducing a charge for “Causing serious injury by careless driving” with the proposed penalty being jail. It may even be law now.

You need to consider this very, very carefully and decide whether you want to drive lorries or continue with your degree. You clearly cannot do both. With your accident record and the demands of study to that level, which will come out in court, there will be no mitigating leniency. If I have read this correctly you have pulled in and hit this car, you can consider yourself lucky that it did not as a result then mount the pavement and crash into a bus queue.

You are a danger to everyone else on the roads while you continue with this practice. Find another pocket money job to finance your studies which does not entail driving. If you are mad keen on lorries then get a job as a drayman then you can ride around in a big wagon without actually driving it.

If I were him I’d consider a job inTosco stacking shelves with better money, and less danger to the public …

Forgetting about how much hard work you’re finding driving for a minute…

YOU’RE AT UNIVERSITY YOU NOB!!! You need to be drinking and shagging yourself stupid, and working a job where you won’t hurt anyone if you stand there half asleep and so hungover it’s a struggle to open your eyes again each time you blink. You’ll never have this much time, freedom and energy again. Ever. Stop wasting it by rushing yourself into too much responsibility.

The damage doesnt look like its too bad…BUT…As an owner of a Merc myself, i can assure you they dont come cheap to repair…they will want all new parts…wing, front bumper,respray, and any other bits they deem necessary to put the car back as it was it could come to around £5 grand.

My other concern was £16 grand for a weeks car hire…i dont think so…or the Other ridiculous amounts…even a rolls royce would cost that to hire.

My other concern is about the op…I cant imagine anyone ever signing an agreement to pay for damage, or taking out an insurance policy to cover any damage…ltd or direct agency…you have to be absolutely off your ■■■■■■ trolley to even think about doing it…let alone actually doing it…if i was an agency driver, my job is the same as any other driver, apart from the fact i could be paid more…but as far as insurance is concerned, thats down to the owner of the vehicle…whether its my fault or someone elses…its their claim…and part of transport…no way would i ever take responsibility for payment of any incident…and would take to court any agency or company who stopped my payment because of it…but then again…i have never had any reason to, and again i have never worked for an agency through my career.

Just an update. It’s going through the company insurance. Agency say they will get back to me if company kick off about excess. But we don’t expect it to be a problem.

I didn’t expect any more work. And as I’ve said I’m taking a week off. Given my shocking record - two crashes, driving part time and having held my license less than 2 months - I thought I’d be dead to the agency. Imagine my shock when they called me and asked if I could work tonight or tomorrow.

I’m not sure how bad you have to be to get cut from the books. I was very apologetic to the car owner (client I was delivering to) and the company. And apparently, the company have said they were impressed at how I handled it. But if I owned the agency I’d never employ me again. I’d view me as a liability. Given that everyone on here says there are loads of drivers I don’t get why I keep being offered shifts.

Anyway - thanks everyone for the advice. Mentally it’s nice to know I don’t have to think about getting in a truck for a week. I was starting to not enjoy it - and was getting annoyed at some of the ■■■■■■■■. I’d rather go along to work feeling happy about it than grind myself into the ground to pay for more stuff I don’t need.

Just keep on getting back on the horse no matter how accident prone anyone is you will always get work in this game, you might not get respect but you will always get work

nightline:
Just keep on getting back on the horse no matter how accident prone anyone is you will always get work in this game, you might not get respect but you will always get work

But get some sleep first FFS

The o/p better hope that he aint involved in some high profile epic balls up on the M.way, as all this admission of driving with inadequate sleep could come back and severely bite him on the arse. :bulb:

I cannot believe anyone would admit to been so stupid as to drive feeling so tired, let alone the agency allowing this to happen. I was with an agency who used to keep a check on your other work, admittedly you had to tell them yourself. Not sensible or recommended to hide this information as any major accident then this will be checked out and the appropriate sentence passed. WTD is not great but in your case it is needed.

robroy:
The o/p better hope that he aint involved in some high profile epic balls up on the M.way, as all this admission of driving with inadequate sleep could come back and severely bite him on the arse. :bulb:

Totally agree with you. Fundamentally it’s neither healthy or safe to burn the candle as quickly as I have.

I’ve made a decision to do less driving and be better at saying ‘no’. When I first passed I didn’t think anyone would give me a chance, and when they did I was so grateful I didn’t say no. I then ballsed up and because the agency kept me on so I felt a bit indebted to them. So again didn’t/wouldn’t say no. Even when one agency encouraged me to drive a truck with a dodgy handbrake I didn’t want to say no.

What I have realized since is that there is enough work that I don’t need to do that. Today I was offered work tonight or tomorrow with one agency. Another called me and asked me about a job and if I’d sign on with them, and another offered me a full weeks work next week. It’s a drivers market in my area - so I’ll work only when it suits me.

I do actually like driving - I enjoy seeing new places and challenges it throws at me. I will be honest and say I’m not very good. But then I don’t think anyone who has zero experience and who is just thrown keys to random vehicles and loads is going to be great. In less than two months I’ve done: steel, cables, curtains, fridges, multidrop, rdc’s - all whilst holding down a full-time other job/study. No one could expect me to actually have mastered anything. So I’ll just take my time and chill for a bit.

slowlane:
Forgetting about how much hard work you’re finding driving for a minute…

YOU’RE AT UNIVERSITY YOU NOB!!! You need to be drinking and shagging yourself stupid, and working a job where you won’t hurt anyone if you stand there half asleep and so hungover it’s a struggle to open your eyes again each time you blink. You’ll never have this much time, freedom and energy again. Ever. Stop wasting it by rushing yourself into too much responsibility.

Amen

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

sammym:
Just an update. It’s going through the company insurance. Agency say they will get back to me if company kick off about excess. But we don’t expect it to be a problem.

I didn’t expect any more work. And as I’ve said I’m taking a week off. Given my shocking record - two crashes, driving part time and having held my license less than 2 months - I thought I’d be dead to the agency. Imagine my shock when they called me and asked if I could work tonight or tomorrow.

I’m not sure how bad you have to be to get cut from the books. I was very apologetic to the car owner (client I was delivering to) and the company. And apparently, the company have said they were impressed at how I handled it. But if I owned the agency I’d never employ me again. I’d view me as a liability. Given that everyone on here says there are loads of drivers I don’t get why I keep being offered shifts.

Anyway - thanks everyone for the advice. Mentally it’s nice to know I don’t have to think about getting in a truck for a week. I was starting to not enjoy it - and was getting annoyed at some of the [zb]. I’d rather go along to work feeling happy about it than grind myself into the ground to pay for more stuff I don’t need.

Take the accidents as wake up calls. You’re on your own in a lorry - you have to draw your own lines in the sand and make them stick. Lorry driving is only enjoyable if you feel rested, focussed and able to manage job pressures without short cutting.

Maybe an idea, but with uni you get summer holds and half terms? Maybe do the driving then instead.

Good luck.