Crap pay :(

Yep, thanks for all the info, still am not changing, proud British citizen. :smiley:

Pat, I’m a proud Brit. Wouldn’t change that if I could. I am British, not American. A U.S. citizen, best of both.
If you became a U.S. citizen you wouldn’t change one bit!

Paul

OOPs. That should of been best of both for me!
I’m sure our Canadian ex-pat friends have best of both also.
At one time back in the late 80s I nearly made Canada my choice as I dated a girl from Hamilton Ontario for about a year. Spent a lot of time up there and enjoyed it. Many ex-pats in and around Burlington, great boozers, rugby team and choir.

Paul

Pat Hasler:
Yep, thanks for all the info, still am not changing, proud British citizen. :smiley:

As you should be but a second piece of paper in your filing cabinet isn’t going to change that surely?

More importantly though do you speak with an American or mid Atlantic accent??

Do you come back to the UK and mention trash, sidewalks and bartenders or dress a bit American ■■

These are the items that really dilute your True Brit status so much so that Nigel Farage has now instructed the Home Office to screen expats on both language and appearance at passport renewal time following the Brexit vote. :open_mouth:

Only the the purist of Brits will get the new navy coloured passports and the others will be issued the the leftover EU coloured ones. :frowning:

I’m not sure what view they might take on a US passport or a Union Jack tattoo for example but Diesel Dog will no longer be able to renew his passport as he has been categorised as “gone native” over in Ireland.

I think he is basing his appeal on the fact that he was ahead of time by dumping EU tachograph rules, limiters and so on ever before Brexit was even heard of. :smiley:

Hurryup&wait:

Pat Hasler:

As you should be but a second piece of paper in your filing cabinet isn’t going to change that surely?

Do you come back to the UK and mention trash, sidewalks and bartenders or dress a bit American ■■

These are the items that really dilute your True Brit status so much so that Nigel Farage has now instructed the Home Office to screen expats on both language and appearance at passport renewal time following the Brexit vote. :open_mouth:

Only the the purist of Brits will get the new navy coloured passports and the others will be issued the the leftover EU coloured ones. :frowning:

I’m not sure what view they might take on a US passport or a Union Jack tattoo for example but Diesel Dog will no longer be able to renew his passport as he has been categorised as “gone native” over in Ireland.

I think he is basing his appeal on the fact that he was ahead of time by dumping EU tachograph rules, limiters and so on ever before Brexit was even heard of. :smiley:

Sure living in NI we can have dual citizenship with Republic.

Now we have Brexit there has been a large increase in Irish passport applications from people living in NI holding British Passports!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Very early on Wednesday morning I stopped for fuel at a small fuel stop near Albany and as I was there a guy I know pulled in with one trailer behind him, he chatted to me and I followed him to the interstate, where he pulled into a doubles compound and reversed up to another trailer, obviously to make up a set of doubles to take either towards Buffalo or down to NYC, I got to thinking that this guy had already been at work for about 90 minutes or more, he had taken his first trailer to the compound, dropped it then gone back for the second one, the entire process would take about 2 hours as he gets paid by the mile that is basically 2 hours unpaid, then he has to set out, I discovered that the second trailer is only paid at less than half the rate of the first trailer :open_mouth:

Why on earth do people do this ? I am willing to bet the company concerned didn’t charge the customer less than half for that second load.
How lucky I am to work for a company that actually cares about it’s drivers :smiley:

Hi Pat.
That’s the first time I have heard of doubles priced that way. Pulling a set of pups used to pay 1cent a mile more than a 48/53 ft trailer plus a flat rate then of $5.00 to hook them up, trailer to trailer. Pulling 48ft doubles on Fl’s Turnpike would pay 2cents a mile extra.
It would be interesting to find out what his rates are as it could be a nice little earner.
My mate works for a decent LTL carrier on line haul pulling pups and earns 66cents/mile. On the road averaging 60mph = about $40.00/hr. Factor in drop and hook, fuel and 45 Mins free waiting time he reckons its about $30.00/hr on an average night. That’s not bad at all.
The problem with 48ft doubles is some company’s, as in this case have you run both trailers in from the pad and back out. Some have you bring the lead trailer in and back and have someone else take care of the tail trailer. Traveling to and from the pad we were paid by the hour at the topped out city rate back then $20.00.
Obviously the number of miles you run each night dictates your earnings, along with the traffic/road conditions that brings your average speed down, increasing your work hours and decreasing your hourly rate!

Paul

Hurryup&wait:

I have a strong south Northants accent and even after 18 years I still talk about the dustbin the pavement and tarmac or rubbish. I will never be an American.

I was fueling at the Pilot in Newburgh NY yesterday and listening to some guys arguing about pay and elogs etc.
First guy … ’ We will all be screwed when the elogs come in’
Second guy … ‘If you can’t do your job running legal don’t do it’
First guy … ‘It’s ok for you guys on hourly pay, or by the mile, I get paid by the load and sit around for hours waiting for a load of garbage’
Second guy … ‘Then you should stand up for yourselves’
First guy … ‘We shouldn’t have to, it’s our right to work how we want and no fking DOT elog is gonna tell me when I can sleep or drive.
Me … ‘You have just proved how stupid you are by saying that’
First guy … "What the f
* do you mean by that ?’
Me … ‘Simple, if you would rather work for no pay than get paid for what you do then it shows how utterly stupid you are’
First guy …‘Why don’tyou f*** of back to Mexico’
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Class Pat!!![emoji23]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk